Inline sprayer | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Inline sprayer

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Any in-line sprayer will cavitate resulting in inaccurate dilution ration as it gets closer to boiling. Depending upon your elevation, the temperature at which this starts to happen will vary from 180 F to 200 F. Stay below the cavitation temperature.

Pressure depends upon the specific model of sprayer and the valve. The Hydro_force in-line sprayers are calibrated at 400 PSI. Dilution ratio will be most accurate at that PSI.

It can be used at anywhere from 100 to 1000 PSI and the spray gun itself is rated at 2700 PSI.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Any in-line sprayer will cavitate resulting in inaccurate dilution ration as it gets closer to boiling. Depending upon your elevation, the temperature at which this starts to happen will vary from 180 F to 200 F. Stay below the cavitation temperature.

Pressure depends upon the specific model of sprayer and the valve. The Hydro_force in-line sprayers are calibrated at 400 PSI. Dilution ratio will be most accurate at that PSI.

It can be used at anywhere from 100 to 1000 PSI and the spray gun itself is rated at 2700 PSI.
Scott, does the calibration change if one removes the yellow metering tip? I realize it cuts the dilution in half but what about calibration?

Reactions: Tylor

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
How about tip size @Scott W , whats the ideal size? How does it effect calibration or dilution?

Reactions: Tylor

carolinasurface

May 14, 2010
SC
Real Name
Chris Sawyer
Business Location
United States
My truckmount heats too quickly to keep it under 200 degrees. So if I spray a room at 220 or 230, does it not draw enough chemical?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
My truckmount heats too quickly to keep it under 200 degrees. So if I spray a room at 220 or 230, does it not draw enough chemical?
Remember that the ATW temp is usually about 30-40º less than ATM temp. And why not just pre-spray the house at idle or 1/2 throttle?

Reactions: Chris Henry

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Scott, does the calibration change if one removes the yellow metering tip? I realize it cuts the dilution in half but what about calibration?
The dilution goes from 1:8 to 1:4 when the metering tip is removed. You could put the yellow tip back in and be back at the original calibration / dilution.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
How about tip size @Scott W , whats the ideal size? How does it effect calibration or dilution?
The Hydro-Force in-line sprayers use an 8006 Veejet as the spray tip. Products from different vendors may have different valves or be calibrated differently. The 8006 is the ideal size for a variety of products to be sprayed and stay near the most accurate dilution rate.

Either changing to a different size tip or using the same tip for too long as it begins to wear will effect the accuracy of the calibration. This is because the size of the spray tip affects the pressure and flow rate.

The dilution rate does not need to be precisely accurate. (We all know how closely most carpet cleaners measure.) Some jobs you want a little stronger mix or maybe you have softer water and can use a little less prespray. But sometime between 3 and 6 months of regular use, the tip should be replaced to keep close to accurate dilution.

Reactions: rob allen