Is this a good idea | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Is this a good idea

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
I'm in need of equipment but I really can't spend $1k on just a dehu.

Lightning Carpet Care LLC

tres

Mar 3, 2015
Real Name
tres davis
What are you asking? You want an even cheaper dehu than the one pictured? Cause you can't really get a much cheaper one than that. I would never buy the one in the picture. For just a few hundred more you can get a dri eaz revolution. The one pictured isn't even an LGR. It's the drizair knock off. And the drizair is old conventional refrigerant technology

If you can't afford the dehu I would just buy the fans and then rent a proper dehu when you need it and save up your money till you can buy a good one.
There's no bigger waste of money than crappy drying equipment.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Yes I am on a budget where I need at least another Delhi and many air movers

Have you tried searching auctions? Or even used searchtempest.com? You can usually find super deals there for well known name brands.

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
What are you asking? You want an even cheaper dehu than the one pictured? Cause you can't really get a much cheaper one than that. I would never buy the one in the picture. For just a few hundred more you can get a dri eaz revolution. The one pictured isn't even an LGR. It's the drizair knock off. And the drizair is old conventional refrigerant technology

If you can't afford the dehu I would just buy the fans and then rent a proper dehu when you need it and save up your money till you can buy a good one.
There's no bigger waste of money than crappy drying equipment.
No I don't want a cheaper dehu. But if you go to janitors closet online in Tampa,FL you will see they have a diamond brand which is a knock off of the drieaz. Which btw I own 1. It hasn't given me any issues. This picture looks very similar to it also. I own a lgr 2000 and it works great. And yes I will definitely save $450-$500 at least if I am gonna purchase one.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Another idea is to call some local, larger restoration companies and see if they have some older units that they have laying around that they want to sell cheap. My friend, Rich owned the largest independant restoration company in North America and that's what he did. Win Win for both parties. You'll never know if you don't ask.

Reactions: Wec

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
Another idea is to call some local, larger restoration companies and see if they have some older units that they have laying around that they want to sell cheap. My friend, Rich owned the largest independant restoration company in North America and that's what he did. Win Win for both parties. You'll never know if you don't ask.
Gonna find out

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
I would think so

Then I would finance a quality machine.

Many credit cards have 0% intro offers, you could buy them and pay it off over time. They do 0% on purchases for some time or some will do 0% on balance transfers.

That way you know you are getting a quality machine, you can work now and have them pay for themselves.

Reactions: LightningCarpetCare

LightningCarpetCare

May 2, 2016
Real Name
Eli Rodriguez
Then I would finance a quality machine.

Many credit cards have 0% intro offers, you could buy them and pay it off over time. They do 0% on purchases for some time or some will do 0% on balance transfers.

That way you know you are getting a quality machine, you can work now and have them pay for themselves.
Very true.

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
I'm in need of equipment but I really can't spend $1k on just a dehu.

Just get some financing lined up and do it right. Or just do a few carpet cleaning jobs and buy what you need. Don't invest in the cheapest stuff out there. Worst case, rent it.

Reactions: LightningCarpetCare