Jaguar 8.4 vs Mytee Escape ETM | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Jaguar 8.4 vs Mytee Escape ETM

Nov 13, 2010
tx
Real Name
Greg Ripley
Business Location
United States
We're wanting a semi-portable for use in our Rug Shop and as a backup for our truckmounts or to use in commercial properties where truckmount isn't practical. 70% rug shop use.

We have found comparable deals on a used Mytee Escape and a new Jaguar 8.4.

I can't decipher vac stats.

Jaguar has twin Ametek 8.4 2 stage vacs = 141.5 CFM each motor . @ 21,890 rpm's; 146.6" lift ea.; 673 air-watts; energy efficient amp draw. Using the Max CFM X Max inches of lift this = 41,487 vacuum units (cut and pasted)

Mytee uses 4 C304 230v vacs listed at 145" lift and 100cfm each.

How does this compare? If I multiply 145" x100cfm x4 vacs I get 58,000 "vacuum units"

Is this right?

Does the Mytee REQUIRE a dryer plug or is there a way to run of 2 110v circuits?? The Jaguar is 110v.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
How much hose do you usually require and is mobility more important? Seems like the Jaguar fits your needs better and is 110v.

My .02 I rarely use more than 50' with a portable inside (2" to the tank all 90° connections internally removed, 140° solution temp at the wand, 03 flow 98% of the time at 340 psi when the wand is keyed). However I'm not asking my portable to do a job best suited for a truckmount.

Reactions: Ed Valentine
Nov 13, 2010
tx
Real Name
Greg Ripley
Business Location
United States
Wouldn't need any more than 50 feet. We would opt for our regular truck mounts for longer runs. Looks like vac system may be significantly more powerful in the Mytee. Mobility is a plus, but mainly used in Rug Shop or as a backup for our trucks. In those cases, we would probably leave it in a cargo van for the Mytee.

Nov 13, 2010
tx
Real Name
Greg Ripley
Business Location
United States
Really? More than the quad 3 stage?

I don't know if I'm doing this right or if these numbers really mean anything, but

Jaguar 8.4's = 141.5cfm and 146.6" lift each
141.5x146.6x2=41487.80 air watts

Mytee c304's = 100 cfm 145" lift each
100x145x4 = 58000 air watts.

Looks like the Mytee setup should be a little stronger all the way around?? I've heard from someone that sells both, that the Mytee "feels" twice as strong, but "feel" is all about lift.

Reactions: JRH
Nov 13, 2010
tx
Real Name
Greg Ripley
Business Location
United States
I understand. It's a non issue in the rug shop. It will be plugged into a dedicated dryer plug. Definitely a pain if you take it anywhere other than a residential property with accessible dryer plug. Although, I understand you can run 2 vacs and pump on 2 15amp 110v circuits.

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Those two 8.4 vacs pull more suction than 4 3 stage motors
how on earth do u figure that o_O unless ur talking about your nautilius 8.4 in series ? but in a parallel machine every three stage quad will have more suction ... and if using the 1600w vacs in the escape it will have tons more airwatts in general

Reactions: Ymetimme

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Ha , i see another poster has already done the math , missed that

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
how on earth do u figure that o_O unless ur talking about your nautilius 8.4 in series ? but in a parallel machine every three stage quad will have more suction ... and if using the 1600w vacs in the escape it will have tons more airwatts in general
airwatts is great but I will still get more suction with the two 8.4's .. Someone needs to hook them up side by side,,, who knows I could be wrong but I don't think so.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
yes in series

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
airwatts is great but I will still get more suction with the two 8.4's .. Someone needs to hook them up side by side,,, who knows I could be wrong but I don't think so.
I agree and also believe wiring is important. Internally in the machine and the drop cords to the machine. 12 gauge minimum with shortest run.

Reactions: DrummerTW

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
just get the mytee , its in another league power wise (y)

quality too
whats the price difference? 220 or 110? what is the wiring like in each machine, theres a lot of factors..

Since I have bought the nautilus,, I have rewired it comepletely, new cords, I run series and 2" hoses

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
id say your wrong with respect , a quad is a way more powerfull thing .

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
well ok , then perhaps u should have suggested to the OP he scrap the idea of getting the parallel Jaguar ... and insted get the nautilius 8.4 because he can switch the vacs to series .
I put 4 3stage vacs in my old ninja I melted the case from the heat

Reactions: DrummerTW

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
whats the price difference? 220 or 110? what is the wiring like in each machine, theres a lot of factors..

Since I have bought the nautilus,, I have rewired it comepletely, new cords, I run series and 2" hoses
some unnecessary wiring perhaps ? :) you might have overengineered the electrics ? as in .. there is no way hydroforce did not employ an electrical engineer to plan the machines wiring ... and im sure whats standard he deemed adaquate .