Jaguar 8.4 vs Mytee Escape ETM | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Jaguar 8.4 vs Mytee Escape ETM

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Currently I still have my Jag. I’ve always used it in open air, and never had a vac motor overheat. I’m really glad @Big D got things worked out.
My goal long before any of this had been a new machine by end of summer. I’m currently working on speeding up that process a lot.
As far as Taf goes, the guy is amazing, Magic Wand Rocks. I’ve been using his chemical “trashes” works terrific as well. He gets a gold star for how he operates his company.
Wait till you try magic wand citra pure on Olefin!!
It will blow your mind!!
Trash is my go-to cleaner on anything I don't want to think about I just want to clean it it's safe on almost everything!!
And don't even get me started on there odor stain remover!!!
I am in love with magic wands chemistry is the best stuff I've used in the last 20 years

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I’ve been using traffic slam on Olefin while doesn’t smell great works well. I plan on buying some more stuff from Magic Wands Chemicals, trashed smells great and is versatile

Reactions: Ymetimme

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I wanted to say I am sorry for this thread. It was never my intent to get off track, allow my pride to get in the way and make this personal. Once again I’m eating some humble pie. I shouldn’t get into a public match against Jim D and was disrespectful to do so. @Jim Davisson I am sorry once again for being immature towards you.
My original intent also wasn’t to defend others, and exploite everyone else’s issues. I also wasn’t wanting to disrespect Ed.My point was to simply point out issues I have had after realizing others have had issues as well. I allowed my pride and ego to get in the way and this thread got ugly and way off track.
I have had issues with my Jaguar 8.4 that I feel should be addressed.
Waste water sitting in the bottom of the tank, APO not working, many leaks, hard time moving the machine, and such.
As far as anyone else I’ll allow them to share their stories good or bad. I know not everyone has experienced the same problems.
Originally I felt the Jaguar 8.4 was a excellent unit I was proud to own. After a short time my feeling changed but didn’t want post them publically as I did buy a used machine. I felt bad after ranting how good it was forever, to feeling differently later.
I’m sorry again for my part in getting this thread side tracked. I did it out of pride and ego two things I’m not proud of. @Jim Davisson again I’m sorry for taking things you say so personally. @Jimsteam Im really sorry for exploiting your trying to help to prove my points. And sorry to anyone else I tossed under the bus to try to prove my point.
I feel strongly a a forum is a place to discuss the good bad and ugly. But not doing so in a way to drag everyone into a battle and making anything personal. We all have the right to discuss our experiences freely but it’s not right to try to use others experiences to prove a point. At that point it appears to become a personal attack and the original point gets lost.
Sorry for my part in this ugly thread.

You're a class act. We've all made mistakes in private, and public. But we don't all admit it, much less publicly. You have my respect.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
AZ,
They dont like it then TUFF SHIT!!!! YOU DID NOTHING WRONG!!!
You can apologize but i sure the hell wont!
The truth is THE TRUTH!!! If he wont drill the holes for wheels then why bother with the motors!!!
Then he wants preferential treatment to sell his shit first above all other manufacturers????
That guys livin in fantasyland. And if these guys want to kiss his ass so be it. Not me.....

I don't kiss ass.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
i am nearly always in quadvac mode ... 6.6 x 4

Thats an awful fancy costly toolbox in that bottom pic .
Exhaust booster Hmm . Pair of motors in a box hmmmm whatever gave you that idea ?
Have you compared this setup to a pair of LX motors in series in the machine in the videos above ??

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Yep that would be like six chords without a transformer box
4 chords(states) or less . JRH is on a different grid overseas.
I chose a pair of low amp motors for an exhaust booster ...3 chords that plug in to customers electric. If a circuit pops the 8.4s finish the job.
Mytee for a short time offered a pair of exhaust boosters (low or high amp motors) until the 4 motor Escape came out . C/A until the Jaguar came out.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
4 chords(states) or less . JRH is on a different grid overseas.
I chose a pair of low amp motors for an exhaust booster ...3 chords that plug in to customers electric. If a circuit pops the 8.4s finish the job.
Mytee for a short time offered a pair of exhaust boosters (low or high amp motors) until the 4 motor Escape came out . C/A until the Jaguar came out.
Don't forget about the heaters

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Gentlemen;

Got in late here to make my comment on JRH throwing more BS at me.

I knew it was just a matter of time when good old JRH would chime in seeing this as another opportunity to cut someone else off at the ankles.-lol! JRH, most manufacturers and Distributors cringe when they see your always negative comments. You evidently get a charge out of it. Must make you feel much better about yourself and I can tell you that your creditabilty has long been exhausted!

But, this is a perfect example of what our society is fast becoming. Now, some of you reading this can continue to hide behind the curtains, however, I guarantee you either as a manufacturer, a distributor, or a carpet cleaner, it will arrive at your door step sooner or later. Using the pathetic JRH who loves to attack myself personally, as a perfect example he has used and currently uses different names/handles on different boards because he knows he is more than an arms length away and this guarantees his nose still intact. This helps this little person feel much bigger and powerful. He has been kicked off the largest board in the UK because of his tactics and if he continues on this board, he will help to destroy this great one as well. But this is "Social Media" and individuals such as he and a handful of other have become vigilantes who continue to drive such adjendas/ subject(s) into the ground.

I feel for Rob Allen and his son (dedicated people to this industry IMHO) whom have worked so hard in an effort to establish a great attractive place for the "true Professional" who wants to help rather than the postings of such negative ,long dragged out bull crap which we have all witnessed. I have been told that it's gotten tiring and boring and the people viewing would tell you that too. This BS does no one any good; in fact, most of the great people have expressed to us that they will not post ; it just drives them away. We had all better realize that Once you strip the earth of all its gold as these jerks are doing, then all you'll have will be dirt and rocks!

I may be alone on this but let me ask: Isn't it time for all you Operators who own your businesses to stand up to this bull crap and become the real leaders you are, or should be? Being positive is a vital ingredient for success because it promotes change in the right direction, and not the wrong.

Now, lets see if my comments above bring out a few of those individuals with their own "defense agendas".
Just my thoughts.

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
One cord for the machine ....one cord for the booster . :D
However I am flouting the law by doing that here . So if mytee have an twin LX machine here ....it will be a two cord .
It gets complicated here ,u are supposed to stick to 13amps per cord due to the plugs having a small slow burn fuse inside ...but the circuits are 16 or 20 amps @ 230v so they won't trip ....the plug can get hot if you exceed the 13 amps though ... I work around it .
Each heater ( inline and immersion ) would have it own cord , however I only need two circuits to run the lot ...one circuit for no heat .
Jim I have not tried the LX yet ....but the two stage here is making 700 airwatts now so four should blow any two vacs away .

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
I'm not even going to read all of eds sorry rant ...but the bit about me being kicked off a board .
If that's true let him post a link to a historic post of mine before I was kicked off .
He won't ....because it's all made up
He lies ..lies ...lies ... In every aspect of his business it seems .

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Gentleman

It's important not to fall for a Word Smith's Efforts to manipulate
A Word Smith is much like a blacksmith. They apply compliments must like a blacksmith applies Heat this is an effort to soften an individual in order to be manipulated and to change an individual's view to be like their own. They then strike others that they disagree with much like a blacksmith strikes and Anvil with a hammer while the individuals in a soften state. They will often share the viewpoint of the Word Smith because they've been manipulated with emotional blows.

Reactions: Fedri and JRH

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Wow 23 pages long. A lot of words and personal attacks. Sad.
I would like to suggest something here.
Ed Valentine, you’ve been building machines for a long time. I think we both started about the same time. Perhaps you could address some concerns of guys that have your machine and explain your reasoning on why you did things a certain way. No personal attacks, no rhetoric.

1) how and why the vacuum nozzles are attached?
2) why the vacuum tank was designed not to drain completely?
3) could you define “industrial”?
4)why the filter system for the pump-out is adequate?

Ed, do not view this as attack on you or your product but instead as a platform for you to address the market place about your product. Maybe just answer the questions with an economy of words so as the answer can stand out. Once there is an understanding of your reasons behind your works it could put this to thread to rest. Thank you Ed for doing this for us.

To everyone else I would ask that you allow Ed to answer and explain his views on these questions without any attacks. They are not necessary and demean us all.

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Thank you John for asking, and I do not view your questions as an attack because YOU have been here before and now, unfortunately, its on my door step. But, here are my answers:

First, if any operator has a problem and or suggestion, IMHO, every manufacturer on this planet would appreciate them contacting them and working out solutions either over the phone, or in person. This obviously helps both parties involved and would educate either or on any limitations, if any. Personally, and I am sure you would also agree, my experience has shown that the majority of situations can be solved. And, most manufacturers will do this for nothing and by doing so would help update that piece of equipment in question. Its that simple. On many occasions, again, as you are clearly aware of, some operators do not understand certain features, and thus complain. Its just part of providing any product.

What I objected to in this situation was the sudden "turn-around" of Mr. Yeater, whom I thought we had a very wonderful relationship with beyond his purchases which involved my advice on his other business development matters which I am not at liberty to divulge. If he had contacted me, this would have been behind him so fast it would be like dust in the wind. However, to go on this board and provide a so called honest and objective "Review" is one thing; but, this turned into a vigilanti adjenda. It just kept going and going .........Wasn't well done by any means, and this IMHO certainly wasn't the way to achieve positive results. As you withness perhaps, it only brought out a few "worms".

1) how and why the vacuum nozzles are attached?----DO NOT KNOW what you are referring to?
2) why the vacuum tank was designed not to drain completely? --#1 Back in the 70's/80's there was something called: In-Door air Quality. This is where the recirculation of dust in the air helps stop that if unit is brought in doors. #2 --When operating from the truck, considering the height of the machine (any machine) the cleaning of debris off stack pipes is a pain and few do it. Thus it lows vacuum. Water at bottom (similar to "Rainbow Vac cleaners btw) will trap this debris based on the design of the tank and the lid which helps direct debris/water. #3---On draining through the dump valve, the grit/debris remains in this bit of water and will prolong pre-mature wear and leakage of the U-Ring. Having stated that, a side area will lower level to near zero on cleanout.
3) could you define “industrial”?---That is just a term to separate our type of equipment from the store bougthen brand
--- and it has been more than adequate--We currently use a 3.5 GPM pumpOut with a slightly different filter to accomidate it properly, and it has been more than adequate and it has been more than adequate. In fact, this change was directly after Mr. Yeater, and I had a conversation about it last year.

Thanks John again for asking.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Thank you John for asking, and I do not view your questions as an attack because YOU have been here before and now, unfortunately, its on my door step. But, here are my answers:

First, if any operator has a problem and or suggestion, IMHO, every manufacturer on this planet would appreciate them contacting them and working out solutions either over the phone, or in person. This obviously helps both parties involved and would educate either or on any limitations, if any. Personally, and I am sure you would also agree, my experience has shown that the majority of situations can be solved. And, most manufacturers will do this for nothing and by doing so would help update that piece of equipment in question. Its that simple. On many occasions, again, as you are clearly aware of, some operators do not understand certain features, and thus complain. Its just part of providing any product.

What I objected to in this situation was the sudden "turn-around" of Mr. Yeater, whom I thought we had a very wonderful relationship with beyond his purchases which involved my advice on his other business development matters which I am not at liberty to divulge. If he had contacted me, this would have been behind him so fast it would be like dust in the wind. However, to go on this board and provide a so called honest and objective "Review" is one thing; but, this turned into a vigilanti adjenda. It just kept going and going .........Wasn't well done by any means, and this IMHO certainly wasn't the way to achieve positive results. As you withness perhaps, it only brought out a few "worms".

1) how and why the vacuum nozzles are attached?----DO NOT KNOW what you are referring to?
2) why the vacuum tank was designed not to drain completely? --#1 Back in the 70's/80's there was something called: In-Door air Quality. This is where the recirculation of dust in the air helps stop that if unit is brought in doors. #2 --When operating from the truck, considering the height of the machine (any machine) the cleaning of debris off stack pipes is a pain and few do it. Thus it lows vacuum. Water at bottom (similar to "Rainbow Vac cleaners btw) will trap this debris based on the design of the tank and the lid which helps direct debris/water. #3---On draining through the dump valve, the grit/debris remains in this bit of water and will prolong pre-mature wear and leakage of the U-Ring. Having stated that, a side area will lower level to near zero on cleanout.
3) could you define “industrial”?---That is just a term to separate our type of equipment from the store bougthen brand
--- and it has been more than adequate--We currently use a 3.5 GPM pumpOut with a slightly different filter to accomidate it properly, and it has been more than adequate and it has been more than adequate. In fact, this change was directly after Mr. Yeater, and I had a conversation about it last year.

Thanks John again for asking.
I believe the John referring to the following when it comes to the vacuum nozzle attachment can you please explain why you choose to use a glued-on piece instead of a welded on nozzle

also can you explain why after I discuss with you the pump out issue you sent me the pump in the picture below.
and why you did not ship me out to 3.5 GPM pump such as you mention in the above

I do appreciate the advice that you have given but your advice is not the reason of my success please do not take credit for my hard work let's please stay on the topic at hand instead of getting personal

20190404_120251~3.jpg
20190502_174722~2.jpg

Reactions: JRH

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens

One of mine fell off during a job. The other wasn’t glued completely so air was allowed to go around the part losing a lot of suction.

Reactions: Ymetimme and JRH

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I too had the 1gpm pump out. It just spuddered and spit.
I upgraded mine to 3gpm however then the filter stack proved to be inadequate and just clogged immediately.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I too had the 1gpm pump out. It just spuddered and spit.
I upgraded mine to 3gpm however then the filter stack proved to be inadequate and just clogged immediately.
Ed did mention that he replace the filter with a slightly different one from the models that he previously advertised and sold

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
The tank Water Filter idea like a rainbow, when your done with the job you want to clean the tank fully. Without doing so allows a massive amount of dangerous bacteria. During operation water will always be present to “filter” but having it there afterwards is unhealthy. In fact it makes the tank so dirty not allowing it to be cleaned.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Ed did mention that he replace the filter with a slightly different one from the models that he previously advertised and sold
If I recall correctly I do have the upgraded filter stack. But my 1gpm Pump never worked. After I upgraded it to 3gpm it just clogged. I’m not sure if there was another upgraded one after mine but I didn’t notice anyone speaking of it.
Any upgrades to the APO would be welcomed.