Jaguar 8.4 vs Mytee Escape ETM

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Well in order for it to be an adequate water filter shouldn't the water be able to be completely disposed of between jobs. it's kind of unsanitary and unhealthy to have rancid water in your waste tank between cleanups. After all urine and feces is very common for a carpet cleaner to face in the field can you please explain how that filters the air.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
If I recall correctly I do have the upgraded filter stack. But my 1gpm Pump never worked. After I upgraded it to 3gpm it just clogged. I’m not sure if there was another upgraded one after mine but I didn’t notice anyone speaking of it.
Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize that there variations between your machine and my machine. There must be mid-year changes
I recall from a previous conversation we both have different air inlets for the vacuum motor as well
20190404_164035~2.jpg

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
I believe the John referring to the following when it comes to the vacuum nozzle attachment can you please explain why you choose to use a glued-on piece instead of a welded on nozzle----This is simple. If we welded it on , the operator when replacing at his location would have to purchase our vacuums instead of from their normal contacts such as JonDon, Magic wand, etc... In other words, they could shop for price and then, take off the epoxy flange. Operators in this industry like doing things on their own. And, btw, especially overseas where time of ordering is an essence we and they have found this a positive. Who knows at this point, why yours came off because that is not normal after selling a lot of these vacuum motors!

also can you explain why after I discuss with you the pump out issue you sent me the pump in the picture below.---If I recall, you had your machine not long and you stated: "My pump is not working" That meant to me that perhaps it could have been defective and thus required replacing. And, we did that.
and why you did not ship me out to 3.5 GPM pump such as you mention in the above--then, if you recall, because I sure do, we had a wonderful conversation about improving this feature and that spurred us into ordering large capacity pumps. Weeks later we received our orders.

I do appreciate the advice that you have given but your advice is not the reason of my success please do not take credit for my hard work let's please stay on the topic at hand instead of getting personal---You are assuming something I did not say or take any credit for. Ones success, or failure is on your shoulders and not mine. Just like I can't clean a carpet for anyone but can only "explain" how to do it", I am never in control of your destination.
I had fun helping and discussing and answering your questions along the way. Its that simple. But, I always hope that small business (you and your wonderful son) are always successful because it isn't always a joy ride!

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I appreciate the info. But if you’d consider this it may make sense.
If the customer is replacing the motor gluing that piece on could lead to potential problems. The fan blade is near flush with the hole. So one would have to be very careful to not get glue inside the fan blade. I’m not saying it’s impossible to do, but extra caution is needed. Mine fell off Ed, and the other wasn’t glued well allowing a lot of suction loss. I’m sure not everyone experiences this but it maybe a area that could use improvement or reconsidering.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Michael;

It is not dangerous, period. Thus no potential problems or we would not do that. Further, I am guessing your machine had a "trauma" by falling off? However, it does have alot of pull.

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
The rainbow thing makes no sense... As soon as you start using any extractor a layer of water forms in the dirty tank ,and would do any similar air filtering , so you don't need a system that traps the rancid waste.

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Man...he realllyy will never admit that his machine has any problems lol. .his first pump was plenty "adequate" but yet upgraded them to a much more gpm one which was plenty "adequate" as well...why replace the first one if it was so dang adequate...oh ya because its the world's best machine ever and has no problems, it's impossible for it not to operate exactly as it should, if not than u surely used it wrong there is no other explanation...we don't want to inconvenience our customers by sending them a vac with inlet welded on so instead we're going to majorly inconvenience them by sending them without an inlet!!...we designed the waste tank to not fully drain because we sorta over looked that aspect, plus we didn't really think anyone would notice/mind..after all it's the most well operating machine you surely do not know how to operate it because it's awesome and were awesome....

Geez guys what's so hard to understand??

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Man...he realllyy will never admit that his machine has any problems lol. .his first pump was plenty "adequate" but yet upgraded them to a much more gpm one which was plenty "adequate" as well...why replace the first one if it was so dang adequate...oh ya because its the world's best machine ever and has no problems, it's impossible for it not to operate exactly as it should, if not than u surely used it wrong there is no other explanation...we don't want to inconvenience our customers by sending them a vac with inlet welded on so instead we're going to majorly inconvenience them by sending them without an inlet!!...we designed the waste tank to not fully drain because we sorta over looked that aspect, plus we didn't really think anyone would notice/mind..after all it's the most well operating machine you surely do not know how to operate it because it's awesome and were awesome....

Geez guys what's so hard to understand??
Back in the 70s/80s....welp there's your problem..using a design from the 70s..time to update some things and get with the times...that was pretty bad reasoning

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Michael;

It is not dangerous, period. Thus no potential problems or we would not do that. Further, I am guessing your machine had a "trauma" by falling off? However, it does have alot of pull.
See Ed I think people would just be refreshed by having you say thank you for explaining how you feel I’ll consider it. Even if you never implement it. But I reglued both my connectors and it IS hard to not get glue inside the fan blade.
It is a issue of health when you can’t clean the tank out.
Even if you just agreed ever it would be nice. You make your customers out to always be wrong. You never agree and often try to make it sound like the customers fault. My machine fell that’s an established fact. I never hide it I posted it publically. If I was dishonest I would never of said anything. My issues are engineering related.
But the part wasn’t glued on my machine correctly on the motor. It allowed air to get sucked in at the motor. The other one I do not feel as if my machines fall made it fall off but it could of.
Still then with all my machines problems all but one would be caused my the fall.
1) the APO never worked
2) the APO filter clogs
3) waste water on the bottom of the tank is unhealthy. It’s the only machine on the market you can’t clean urine filled waste water from, not being disrespectful but do you want to haul bacteria filled waste water in your vehicle?
4) the pvc glued on part is a weak point
5) excess heat causes hoses to leak
6) it’s near impossible to move it without a front handle

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I believe the John referring to the following when it comes to the vacuum nozzle attachment can you please explain why you choose to use a glued-on piece instead of a welded on nozzle----This is simple. If we welded it on , the operator when replacing at his location would have to purchase our vacuums instead of from their normal contacts such as JonDon, Magic wand, etc... In other words, they could shop for price and then, take off the epoxy flange. Operators in this industry like doing things on their own. And, btw, especially overseas where time of ordering is an essence we and they have found this a positive. Who knows at this point, why yours came off because that is not normal after selling a lot of these vacuum motors!

also can you explain why after I discuss with you the pump out issue you sent me the pump in the picture below.---If I recall, you had your machine not long and you stated: "My pump is not working" That meant to me that perhaps it could have been defective and thus required replacing. And, we did that.
and why you did not ship me out to 3.5 GPM pump such as you mention in the above--then, if you recall, because I sure do, we had a wonderful conversation about improving this feature and that spurred us into ordering large capacity pumps. Weeks later we received our orders.

I do appreciate the advice that you have given but your advice is not the reason of my success please do not take credit for my hard work let's please stay on the topic at hand instead of getting personal---You are assuming something I did not say or take any credit for. Ones success, or failure is on your shoulders and not mine. Just like I can't clean a carpet for anyone but can only "explain" how to do it", I am never in control of your destination.
I had fun helping and discussing and answering your questions along the way. Its that simple. But, I always hope that small business (you and your wonderful son) are always successful because it isn't always a joy ride!
It saddens me but it was my son who brought this sudden change while we are working on your machine after it caused a costly insurance claim. "He said Dad you're being manipulated and you know better please tell the truth about this".
It struck my conscience so I chose to speak out that will be my last note on a personal level

I would also like to apologize for the fact that I didn't reach out to you on a personal level

I should have handled it in more of an intervention Manor because when you have a friend that is on a wrong course you should approach that friend and I did not approach you and I should have I'm sorry Ed
I would also like to apologize to anybody else that I may have misled

let's just stick to the subject at hand like you have suggested and cover the issues that you will address in the future

This is the pump that you shipped me I'm sorry for your confusion

20190507_134419~2.jpg

Last edited:

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
See Ed I think people would just be refreshed by having you say thank you for explaining how you feel I’ll consider it. Even if you never implement it. But I reglued both my connectors and it IS hard to not get glue inside the fan blade.
It is a issue of health when you can’t clean the tank out.
Even if you just agreed ever it would be nice. You make your customers out to always be wrong. You never agree and often try to make it sound like the customers fault. My machine fell that’s an established fact. I never hide it I posted it publically. If I was dishonest I would never of said anything. My issues are engineering related.
But the part wasn’t glued on my machine correctly on the motor. It allowed air to get sucked in at the motor. The other one I do not feel as if my machines fall made it fall off but it could of.
Still then with all my machines problems all but one would be caused my the fall.
1) the APO never worked
2) the APO filter clogs
3) waste water on the bottom of the tank is unhealthy. It’s the only machine on the market you can’t clean urine filled waste water from
4) the pvc glued on part is a weak point
5) excess heat causes hoses to leak
6) it’s near impossible to move it without a front handle
ur points are wrong...he's right..period....lol sarcasm

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
ur points are wrong...he's right..period....lol sarcasm
See I don’t see why Ed just can’t ever even try to publically agree changes “may” need to be made. Even if he doesn’t implement them.
A rainbow vacuum you can clean the tank out completely.
I wanted a Jaguar badly knowing Ed V was making these for decades. But I expected more then this after decades of design......
7EFCB858-2B02-47BE-BD32-7F829B149478.jpeg

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
See I don’t see why Ed just can’t ever even try to publically agree changes “may” need to be made. Even if he doesn’t implement them.
A rainbow vacuum you can clean the tank out completely.
I wanted a Jaguar badly knowing Ed V was making these for decades. But I expected more then this after decades of design......View attachment 84687

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
It’s a difficult machine to repair. When onsight you must flip the machine upside down. Unscrew 8 screws, take off hoses, just to do anything minor. Honestly no slam but I just expected more after 40 years worth of design. I’m a fool for not researching it more. I did buy my machine used. It took me a long long time to save up enough to even buy it. I got one with under 40 hours and was thrilled. My love affair ended quickly leak after leak. Emptying my waste tank, not having a working APO.
Personally I find it hurtful the maker defends the product verses trying to self improve. I blew up here on this thread only out of frustration. Ed’s description of the machine is so wonderful, and after decades of design I thought my hard earned money would be spent on a quality USA designed and made machine. I was proven wrong.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I’m just trying to keep this focused on one thing the Jaguar 8.4. It’s easy for us to bounce everywhere.
But finally we have @Ed Valentine here responding I don’t want to change the subject while he maybe willing to hear us all out.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Let’s give @Ed Valentine a chance to respond. It’s difficult to do when we post a ton of auxiliary info. @Ed Valentine any thoughts on the above about the Jaguar 8.4?

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I’m just trying to keep this focused on one thing the Jaguar 8.4. It’s easy for us to bounce everywhere.
But finally we have @Ed Valentine here responding I don’t want to change the subject while he maybe willing to hear us all out.
You're correct that could take things off topic showing how the rainbow can be clearly cleaned out with little to no mess.

Ed is no different than any other man he has his imperfections And personality traits.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
@Ed Valentine not trying to be pushy but we appreciate you finally commenting. Do you have any thoughts for the above thoughts?

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Michael;

I thought I covered the majority of situations, even answered John L's questions, etc...

Since your system was produced (2+ years ago now???) we have made certain changes/upgrades as most all manufacturers do and we are currently involved in a model for 2020. Thus, we will continue to upgrade and make improvements, as always. BTW, this is a little bit more than a one horse operation, thus better days (always) ahead.

Thanks for asking

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Any real changes will cost money and reduce his margin , there will be no changes ...it's easier and cheaper to find fresh newbies to sell to when this dies down .

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet