Junk felt rings for RX20---hey Interlink are you listening? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Junk felt rings for RX20---hey Interlink are you listening?

TheBeast

Mar 30, 2011
Kentucky
monsterclean.us
Real Name
Dave Chrisman
Business Location
United States
So for the past several months we've had a few bad batches of felt rings for the rx-20. Just for background, we typically clean almost 40k sq. ft of commercial glue down a week, change rings between jobs, and soak them in a container of 20w-50 in between shifts. I finally realized all the crappy felt rings that were self destructing in a few short hours of runtime were coming from an Interlink corporate warehouse.

I talked with Hydramaster, they confirmed they have not changed suppliers on this part number in over twenty years. Hydramaster says they have heard of other cleaners having issues with inferior rings. I recently received rings from a corporate Interlink order, JonDon, and a couple of independent suppliers. The ones from Interlink are thinner and feel less 'dense.' I know these thinner, cheaper rings are made by Sun Valley Rubber and Gasket of Utah. Hydramaster confirmed this is NOT their supplier for this part. Now the kicker---I paid the most money for the thinner more cheaply manufactured felt ring from Interink than for the real Hydramaster parts from anyone else! Less for more, Thanks Utah!

The unit manager of the corporate Interlink has agreed to issue a credit for the crap rings I am returning, however I know I am not the only cleaner to have been complaining. This is not the first time I have complained about this issue, nor is this the only issue I have had with Interlink. I am beginning to think I should not bother to order from Interlink which stinks because I really like your line of spotters.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364351605.877895.jpg

Knockoff is the thinner, yellow tinted ring

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364351674.116490.jpg

Knockoff Interlink ring after 3 hours use on cgd

Sent from my iPad

Gary Getman

Dec 2, 2010
florida
Real Name
gary getman
Business Location
United States
I get my RX20 felt seals from Rotovac. They call them Super Seals and are taller than the ones from HM. They are a little harder to install but wetting them helps. They do have a more off white color to them and look just like the thicker felt pictured above.

jmo

Dec 15, 2010
Az
www.xtremecleanaz.com
Real Name
Jeremy Ordonez
Business Location
United States
Those are junk the last one I ordered were from jon don and they were the good ones that hold up.

TheBeast

Mar 30, 2011
Kentucky
monsterclean.us
Real Name
Dave Chrisman
Business Location
United States
Another point of irritation with Interlink, they are selling these crap inferior rings under the Hydramaster part number!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk while peeing in the new tech's coffee

jmo

Dec 15, 2010
Az
www.xtremecleanaz.com
Real Name
Jeremy Ordonez
Business Location
United States
That's what I don't like about interlink is the want to charge you top dollar for what you can other places cheaper.

Gary Getman

Dec 2, 2010
florida
Real Name
gary getman
Business Location
United States
I bought my RX brand new and the felts that came with it are like the one you call inferior. I changed to the thicker felts that are not Hydramaster. These taller, thicker felts were advertised in the back of ICS magazine and are sold by Rotovac. Because Interlink sells both HM and RV products, perhaps they cross reference stock numbers and sell both. The taller felts, if properly installed, last much longer. When in use they mash down some and swell back up when the star is removed. The original thinner HM felts stay mashed and wear faster.

TheBeast

Mar 30, 2011
Kentucky
monsterclean.us
Real Name
Dave Chrisman
Business Location
United States
Ok Gary, so how do you properly install the thinner gaskets? Btw, Hydramaster confirmed the thicker white ones are the correct felt ring

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TheBeast

Mar 30, 2011
Kentucky
monsterclean.us
Real Name
Dave Chrisman
Business Location
United States
I bought my RX brand new and the felts that came with it are like the one you call inferior. I changed to the thicker felts that are not Hydramaster. These taller, thicker felts were advertised in the back of ICS magazine and are sold by Rotovac. Because Interlink sells both HM and RV products, perhaps they cross reference stock numbers and sell both. The taller felts, if properly installed, last much longer. When in use they mash down some and swell back up when the star is removed. The original thinner HM felts stay mashed and wear faster.

I think you are confused. The yellow tinted felt is the inferior knock off. The white felt is the thicker taller felt

TheBeast

Mar 30, 2011
Kentucky
monsterclean.us
Real Name
Dave Chrisman
Business Location
United States
Btw. The point of this thread was to see if Interlink cares about us as customers. Last time I had an issue with a product I talked with someone in Utah and was given the impression I should spend my money with JonDon, to the point I asked the Interlink rep if he was telling me to order from them in the future.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
You have been issued a credit for the felt rings you had a problem with, correct?

Purchasing department, warehouse folks and shipping are not likely to be watching the bulletin boards. I am told the gaskets sold under the HydroMaster part # are from HydroMaster. I will copy your photos and go talk to the folks who are buying the felt rings, putting them on the shelves, boxing them and such and see if I can find out why there is a difference and what needs to be done to correct it.

TheBeast

Mar 30, 2011
Kentucky
monsterclean.us
Real Name
Dave Chrisman
Business Location
United States
Hey Scott, email or call me so I can fill you in a little more in private. The felt rings I received were NOT from Hydramaster, per someone that works for Interlink and Hydramaster. Really tired of some of the crap I've put up with from Interlink recently and that sucks because you have really helped me out a couple of times.

monstercleanky@gmail.com
270-860-9257

TheBeast

Mar 30, 2011
Kentucky
monsterclean.us
Real Name
Dave Chrisman
Business Location
United States
For anyone else watching this thread, Scott did contact me and is working to rectify the issue. Too bad Interlink can't clone Scott so he can answer the phone when cleaners call about non performing products!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk while peeing in the new tech's coffee

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
For the record:

Scott DOES have an email, as do John Labarbera, Steve T., Billy Y., Rob Allen, Nathan Pepper, Ben from Amtex and they're found pretty easily. It's been said before, and I'll say it again...when you've got beef with a company, it's better to contact a decision maker directly rather than make big posts like this. You don't make any friends this way, I believe.