Let Us Build The BEST Portable Carpet Cleaner ! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Let Us Build The BEST Portable Carpet Cleaner !

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
This is a topic / place that will let the Carpet Cleaners build the best most versatile, powerful, efficient electric portable extractor we all can use, want or need.

I want to see us all show drawings of our thought on what works.
I expect others to make modification to submitted drawings.
I want to see a real engineer come in and bring the ideas to a paper, or discuss why it cant be done.
I want to see questions and answers as to why one way is better then another way.

I want to see Donald Trump come and build what we want, or Allen, John, Ed, Larry, Ken or any other investor.

I'm a older person and I don't think my health will last many more years, but I will try to help the younger guy clean my carpet with the best tool in the twenty first century.

The portable I had 25 years ago was nothing like the ones I see to day.
The need for a better portable is in demand, Let us build it today.
Become a inventor and tell your kids that you helped build the Ultimate Carpet Cleaning tool.

---------------
Postings that have a draft image:
Page #2, Post #26
---------------
Gizmo's:
Quick swap system? Page #3, Post #69

Over view of what is needed:
Just want to have parts of a system like Frame, Mufflers, Handel, Tank Design, Pluming, Pumps and Vac, Chemical Injectors, Air Flow, Water Tank, any part you think will improve a units function.

Disclaimer: You may find you have inspired others to use your idea.
If you post any ideas on the public forum at TMF, any tool or concepts, do not expect to get paid, compensation in any way or claim rights to any patient that maybe come of any tool or concept posted or discussed on this public forum.
This topic is only ideas to inspire others that have the will to build what we think we want.

If you plan on selling or have production ideas, I recommend you check the patient registry regardless of where you found the idea. I or any one will not be responsible for your failure to verify you have full rights to produce and sell any tool or concept found on this forum topic.
End Disclaimer 11-24-2010

Note: Any concept displayed in this thread is a gift to to the world wide web members on TMF and should not be claimed as intellectual property by any one / corporation reading this post or discussed out side of this topic on TMF.

Jun 18, 2008
Real Name
Glide Pro
Business Location
United States
This is a topic / place that will let the Carpet Cleaners build the best most versatile, powerful, efficient electric portable extractor we all can use, want or need.

I want to see us all show drawings of our thought on what works.
I expect others to make modification to submitted drawings.
I want to see a real engineer come in and bring the ideas to a paper, out line that most can under stand.
I want to see questions and answers as to why one way is better then another way.

I want to see Donald Trump come and build what we want, or Allen, John, Ed, Larry, Ken or any other investor.

I'm a older person and I dont think my health will last many more years, but I will try to help the younger guy clean my carpet with the best tool in the twenty first century

I got in to carpet cleaning to help pay my bills and did not expect to see the crap I see to day.

The portable I had 25 years ago was nothing like the ones I see to day.
The need for a better portable is in demand, Let us build it today.
Become a inventor and tell your kids that you helped build the Ultimate Carpet Cleaning tool.

Thank you!
While your intention to invite Donald Trump in to build a machine is a good one, it ain't going to happen. Nor would you want any machine that he would build either.:)

This industry has been content to let carpet cleaners have low powered 1 and 2 vacuum machines for far too long. Sure there were a few manufacturers that brought out 3 vacuum machines as well, but nearly all of these units mainly used the low power 2 stage vacuum motors in series connection. If you put 3 of these 250 watt motors together you still only had a 750 air watt machine.Within the last 2 years the motor manufacturers have given us more powerful 3 stage vac motors with up to 556 air watts each motor, allowing a 2 vac 1100 airwatt machine to be built. Getting better but still low powered considering the potential that is there.

That will all change soon. The 4 vac machine that will be sold next Spring will raise everyone's game. 4 of the high power 3 stage vacs in one machine will give over 2200 airwatts, double the best machines out there now. The main manufacturers will not be able to ignore this and will have to bring their own high power offerings to the table or lose market share to those that do respond. I invite this to happen. I wish to be an agent of change to improve the performance of equipment offerings available to us all.

There was a movie I saw a few years back that I will always remember a line from:

" Build it, and they will come". Show by your requests for this that you care about having these type of machines, and support the builders of them, and it will come.:)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I feel your pain Greg but the manufacturers don't like change. They are stuck in the 70's and just keep pumping out the "same old same old." Bad thing is most cleaners have come to think this is the norm and don't know any different. Shame.

donaldsodav290

Mar 15, 2010
Real Name
Mark Donaldson
Business Location
Canada
Ken what did you say the estimated market price would be for the x4 again?

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I feel your pain Greg but the manufacturers don't like change. They are stuck in the 70's and just keep pumping out the "same old same old." Bad thing is most cleaners have come to think this is the norm and don't know any different. Shame.
Took General Motors a "kick in the arse" that "same old same old" is not going to cut it!

Jun 18, 2008
Real Name
Glide Pro
Business Location
United States
Ken what did you say the estimated market price would be for the x4 again?
Between $3 and $4K.

I am going with a larger shell for it than the Breeze shell that is currently used for both the X2 and X3 machines we sell.

I have also decided to make the Heat Boost System standard rather than optional.

The new attractive Shell will ensure that Tank and others like him does not suffer a Heart Attack on seeing it.:)

TA152H

Jun 17, 2010
New York
Real Name
Rich
Business Location
United States
Between $3 and $4K.

I am going with a larger shell for it than the Breeze shell that is currently used for both the X2 and X3 machines we sell.

I have also decided to make the Heat Boost System standard rather than optional.

The new attractive Shell will ensure that Tank and others like him does not suffer a Heart Attack on seeing it.:)
If you actually produce it, I'll have a heart attack, irrespective of appearance.

Will Reed

Jun 3, 2010
Missoula, Montana, United States
Real Name
Will Reed
Business Location
United States
My ideal portable system: (Notice I said system as no one portable would have all these features)

-Suction good out to 150'
-Autofill/Autodump whether its from tap water or from a water tank
-Ability to apply a rinse chemical via injection
-Heater system, whether its built in or a separate propane
-Enough PSI to be able to do T&G

To me the ideal portable system would be one that I could run off my van/trailer using a generator like a TM. It may not have the performance of an expensive truck mount but it needs to perform as good as any of the portables out there while having the convenience of little to no setup times like a TM has. It also needs to cost less then the entry level TM because if it doesn't then what's the point of having a portable if you can just buy a TM?

Reactions: Jan Sullins
Jun 18, 2008
Real Name
Glide Pro
Business Location
United States
If you actually produce it, I'll have a heart attack, irrespective of appearance.
LOL! OK I guess there will be no way to avoid it then. I already have the new shell I am going with.

I wanted to be sure this machine is considered high end as well as the most powerful.:)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
haha

Sorry Ken I don't care where you live that was funny right there. :D

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Scan_Pic0002.jpg <--- Click to open larger view.
Any feed back ? :)
Do you know what it might be?
I do not have prototype or and drafting skills.
-----------------

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I like your thinking Greg. The problem with most manufacturers today is they appear to have no creative imagination. It seems end users have more imagination than most. I see you have been busy. Could you email me that drawing? It is too small without using a phto hosting provider for me to see.

roballen@truckmountforums.com

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Yes, I will send it now to the address you have posted.

Jun 18, 2008
Real Name
Glide Pro
Business Location
United States
View attachment 5071

Any feed back ? :)
Do you know what it might be?
It maybe should be about 14" deep
I did this in the last hour.
I do not have prototype or and drafting skills.
-----------------

I should add I want this to handle 600 cfm and 17 Hg lift
------------------
The solution tank would be the same size but not as deep.

Why on Earth would you want it to handle 600 cfm?

You can't flow more than 500 cfm thru a 2" hose barb, and more importantly you can't flow more than 250 cfm thru a wand on the carpet, even with a 14" glide on it. Over engineering only adds complexity and cost without getting anything in return.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
I have built the ultimate Mammoth Mytee M5 with a versatile 4X3 stage vac setup. I will be making a video and pics to post up at this forum very soon. It is a wonderful machine and I doubt any portable-loving fool will be able to resist it. It is quiet, easy to use and every bit as powerful as a TM.

Ken, I was told that a 2" hose can only flow 300 cfm. Which is true? I need to measure my Everest 650 through the 2" hose to see if it goes higher than 300.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I think it is 500 CFM with a 2" hose

Can you not see the image with the ugly drawing?

Jun 18, 2008
Real Name
Glide Pro
Business Location
United States
I have built the ultimate Mammoth Mytee M5 with a versatile 4X3 stage vac setup. I will be making a video and pics to post up at this forum very soon. It is a wonderful machine and I doubt any portable-loving fool will be able to resist it. It is quiet, easy to use and every bit as powerful as a TM.

Ken, I was told that a 2" hose can only flow 300 cfm. Which is true? I need to measure my Everest 650 through the 2" hose to see if it goes higher than 300.
What person gave you that number Deron?

300 cfm is the maximum for 1.5" hose
500 cfm is the limit for 2" hose
800 cfm is the limit for 2.5" hose

As measured up to 100 ft unrestricted. After 100 ft none of them will do those numbers.

When using a 2" tubed 14" wand however it is almost impossible to go much higher than 250 cfm when it is working on the carpet thru the WCI. That is the more important number to keep in mind unless the machine was built to double wand.

Additional cfm is possible beyond this however if you use a 360 i or RX20. Then 300 is possible, but only with a PD blower creating the lift.:)

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
What person gave you that number Deron?

300 cfm is the maximum for 1.5" hose
500 cfm is the limit for 2" hose
800 cfm is the limit for 2.5" hose

As measured up to 100 ft unrestricted. After 100 ft none of them will do those numbers.

When using a 2" tubed 14" wand however it is almost impossible to go much higher than 250 cfm when it is working on the carpet thru the WCI. That is the more important number to keep in mind unless the machine was built to double wand.

Additional cfm is possible beyond this however if you use a 360 i or RX20. Then 300 is possible, but only with a PD blower creating the lift.:)
Nice info.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
The thought I have would only be about 300 - 360 CFM. 3 set of series in parallel.