Direct Mail EDDM Let's see everyones 5-a-rounds

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

elementcarpet

Nov 23, 2011
Peoria, Az
Real Name
Gary Throckmorton
Business Location
United States
Ive been using these 4x4 cards, working really well actually.

Tech gives client 2 biz cards, 5 referral cards, spotter bottle and the 5 around (yes they do miss the 5 arounds here and there)
Haha.. I actually got this piece at my door a few months back. Looks good!

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Guys growth isn't about finding one thing to explode your business, it's about doing many little things everyday.

No 5 arounds aren't going to make your phone ring off the hook...BUT!

5 arounds plus
  • Handing a biz card to every person you meet
  • Wrapping/lettering your van
  • Sending a confirmation email to every customer
  • Feature benefiting all your service at every job
  • Leaving a free spotter bottle with a brochure at every job
  • Following up with every customer after service
  • Having a referral program
  • Sending reminder emails or postcards out

And many more little action steps...well that's the not so glamorous road to an uber successful business
Aside from marketing & Sales most all other business activities are an expense.

Makes sense to focus

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Feb 17, 2015
Real Name
Amos Hedge
At Dry Extraction carpet cleaning our 5 round are just a card. I really like yours KIPP. But how many of those 5 a rounds do you get a a from?

Bentley

Jan 22, 2013
Jacksonville Florida
Real Name
Patrick Bentley
Business Location
United States
First time I've added anyting to TMF. What I've come up with on this thread is... "not every neighborhood is the same" and "5 arounds work 1/2 of the time. Am I right?
My marketing strategy has got to improve because I didn't take marketing or advertising in college. I'd like to hear some REAL ideas that have gotten results. (I'm hoping others that have had success will talk a bit about it) Like most of you my dollars are accounted for every day. I'm thinking of hiring a marketer here in the area for a one time trial. What do you think? I used direct mail marketing years ago consistently and it worked but I was in another service industry and they kept coming in with the coupons. Nowadays I realize things have changed. Help me out here guys if you can. Thanks!

Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Here's my door hanger. I kept it simple but next time I will make a few more changes and up the offer to $25 off.

View attachment 39447
Nice looking 5 around.
If I may suggest a blank area were you can fill in the house # were you cleaned.
Most neighbours are at work during the day and don't see your decaled vehicle when your working the neighbourhood.
Also most people know their neighbours and will inquire that they seen you were out at their place and ask how you did.
Carpet cleaning doesn't always come up when they have idle chit chat between neighbours. By leaving the house # ( not phone number just the actual # outside of hse) you increase your chances of a prospect.
Just my .02 worth.
Grant

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Nice looking 5 around.
If I may suggest a blank area were you can fill in the house # were you cleaned.
Most neighbours are at work during the day and don't see your decaled vehicle when your working the neighbourhood.
Also most people know their neighbours and will inquire that they seen you were out at their place and ask how you did.
Carpet cleaning doesn't always come up when they have idle chit chat between neighbours. By leaving the house # ( not phone number just the actual # outside of hse) you increase your chances of a prospect.
Just my .02 worth.
Grant
Next time give me a Bucks worth...your 2 cents aint cuttin' it bro!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States