Looking For ELF members

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 22, 2018
Real Name
Ian Harper
Hi Guys

Massive fan of JP I built a 20 staff maid service with his stuff, with my first wife and went to his boot camp in 1999. Now I looking to repeat that with carpet cleaning. Dont see much chat about JP what is the problem? You dont have to like him to like his stuff. it works so what the problem?

Respects

Ian Harper

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
You must be referring to JB Johnny Bravo. True my stuff does work. I'm actually having a JB Boot Camp in a couple weeks for now if you're interested. First class is how to make a decent pre-spray for nothing. Second class is how to go from a novice to a Rookie in 6 short years. :) LOL

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Joe has moved on and rarely has anything to do with carpet cleaners. Joe never could make it in Carpet Cleaning but realized early on he is a born motivator. He then took existing motivational info from other fields and adapted them to our industry. Many cleaners resented him for it and he was treated abusively for making about a million a month off of cleaners. He got tired of the drama and transitioned to larger fish. He’s now a personal motivator to moguls.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Mark Kennedy and Lisa Wagner carry on many of the ideas and principals first brought to eh attention of carpet cleaners by Joe Polish. There is some old material with his name on it, but I have not seen anything new with his name for several years. As Rob, says, he has moved to other fields.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I have a dream that one day are Carpets could be cleaned equal. I have a dream, Carpets shouldnt be judged by the color, but the content of their fibers.

Aug 28, 2018
Real Name
Bruce wayne
I love elf I listened to the piranha marketing book and likes some of the ideas overall it’s a great idea

The main focus of the book seemed out dated at times especially with all the talk about the yellow book but who knows

I love to see people succeed and would love to meet joe I think people like him are infectious with success

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I love elf I listened to the piranha marketing book and likes some of the ideas overall it’s a great idea

The main focus of the book seemed out dated at times especially with all the talk about the yellow book but who knows

I love to see people succeed and would love to meet joe I think people like him are infectious with success
Joe, is that you?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I saw a news report about a kid who plays video games.. long story short he was able to get 4 million subscribers @ 4.99$/ month. $5/ month is nothing to each person who pays him, most probably dont even remember they are subscribed lol.

pretty insane

shows how joe polish was able to get that kind of money by having a decent amount of subscribers to his program.

if you want to make a ton of money get a large amount of people to pay you a small amount of money each month

Aug 22, 2018
Real Name
Ian Harper
Hi ACP

the gaming thing is more like tipping after meal. plus as a gamer myself i watch twitch and i can say that its not easy to get that many subs. what is interesting and has a link with joe is that the biggest game at the moment is fortnite which is free but makes $1M a day. The free room was a great way to get people on what you could call subs with a maintenance plan.

Repeat customers are very cost effective and when you have that money coming in each month and a commitment ongoing that is cleaver. This is no different to how people buy phones, they get that phone up front no money down then have to pay each month for the next few years. What looks like a great deal turns out more expensive. with a free room you are giving them something now they are committed to pay you for the next year. and now in a circle.

The smart thing about what joe has always done is leverage others. Back in the day when he was doing his stuff for us he would say just send in your copy and we check it for free. he get all the great ideas from his members, he always gave credit take Jim Wolverton pink flyer. then he moved on to better your best contests. He still doing these now but one condition is that you send in a video saying how you bettered your best and then these get used in his marketing. so he can say look at all these people how they have benefited from my stuff. this now links into the program he runs.

These programs are really just a expensive breakfast club. its not joe you benefit from its the people that he brings into that room.

I listened to an ELf podcast where they when pitching better your best. Good idea about sending one line emails with a question. when your asked a question you will always answer. as long as its not a you or no question you get engagement. anyway i get one of these and could not believe what was in it. sure at the top was the one line question but below was loads of text. this goes 180 at what they where saying. they where not walking the walk.

Anyway, i love direct response and feel that its a shame that it has this joe polsh association so people stay away from talking about it. lets also not forget his guide and tools do work still today.

I am looking for a place where people can talk about direct response in carpet cleaning and restoration. but cant find anywhere. with respect to everyone, joe may have made lots of money from carpet cleaners but so did they. I was one, I built a maid service with his stuff with my first wife.

Resects

Ian Harper

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
You must be referring to JB Johnny Bravo. True my stuff does work. I'm actually having a JB Boot Camp in a couple weeks for now if you're interested. First class is how to make a decent pre-spray for nothing. Second class is how to go from a novice to a Rookie in 6 short years. :) LOL
You meant from novic to a rookie and fully blown ready to rumble Pro in six months. That's seems to be case after joining TMF...

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
@Ian Harper & Cleanavangelist That interesting to hear. Pretty cool it worked so well for you and you built that large of a company from it.

Care to share any basic ideas from the JP program? was it mostly directed at EDDM? or other advertising?

Joe Polish was pretty much before my time