Looking for Some Guidance | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Looking for Some Guidance

James.robert.lee

Feb 23, 2020
Real Name
James
I own a gym and a gymnastics center in a small town and am looking to keep them cleaner. The gym has textured rubber floors (5000 sq ft) and the gymnastics has carpet bonded foam (~1500 sq ft). I’d like to just buy one thing that would be able to handle both floors. Autoscrubbers seem to be the go to for the gym floor, but would tear up the gymnastics floor. Has anyone used a HWE on rubber flooring with good results? I’ve also looked into steam cleaners (Daimer/Dupray) and like the sterilization aspect of it.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated!

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I looked up carpet bonded foam mats and from the appearance you could use hot water extraction at a low psi to clean them. The carpet on it looks very thin so it doesn't take too much to flush them clean with good pretreatment. With the size of both areas it would be a bit difficult to use one machine for both. (5000 is a large area to do on muscle power alone with a HWE attachment) In my opinion you may be better off getting a decent autoscrubber for the rubber flooring and a small carpet extractor, 150-300 psi pump without heat, for relatively cheap compared to larger ones and do the carpet with that.

Another alternative may be buying a small inexpensive/used CRB machine and using encapsulation on the carpet. Even an Oreck Orbiter ($400ish) with bonnet pads and encap would probably suit your needs for the carpet if you do them regularly.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas

Reactions: keep it clean

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Actually yeah that looks perfect. I had no idea they made brushes like that with a recovery tank on them.

James.robert.lee

Feb 23, 2020
Real Name
James
That looks to be exactly what I'm looking for! I just got off the phone with them and they think it is too. Placed my order and should be here soon!

Thanks for all of the help! My members will appreciate the cleaner floors!