Low Amp Duel Vac Boosters Behind The Main High Powered Vacs.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
3 jobs today all 75 ft runs. 2 inch hose all the way to a 1.5 wand. No leader (whip) hose.
You have the right mindset , restricting air flow will reduce amperage. Ed V. did this with the 1 1/4 hoses within the Recoil cabinet. My personal testing showed no difference in performance ATM 2 inch vs 1 1/4 hoses OR motors direct to recovery tank.
Restrict your open flow . I set hose end down so it butts up to a section of the hose or ? thus causing restriction and lowering amperage. A glide will restrict some flow which I always use.
Your motors probably draw more amperage at "idle" than the 8.4s or the 2 2 stage motors as my rear booster.
I still occasionally pop breakers with the ONE 15 amp circuit that I need to run ALL four motors beside the Genny. Always the poor wiring on location usually 100 amp not 200 amp service. PITA
I have never seen your set up. I have read postings where you talk about your set up and also seen your testing interments readings on youtube.

Do you have some photos to post on the quad vac set up with details on what specks you have on each vac and hose?

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
You can always add a lift gate to close the third vac hose connection if you can not find the power onsite to power the booster vac, the third vac.

Imagine 6 vacs, 2 set of three.

http://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/greener-carpet-cleaner-portable-extractor-concept.15876/

http://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/concepts-for-carpet-cleaning-tools-and-gizmos.45276/
In this link, where the male and female make the connection from motor housing and waste tank, use check valves to eliminate a manual gate valve if one set of vacuums is not running.
With a spring loaded check valve you would have a automatic valve that opens automatically when a vacuum motor is running and stay closed when a vacuum motor is not running, this should also lower amp draw, depending on spring size over a non-spring loaded check valve.

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Sorry, but this is a bad idea.

The small hole will restrict max airflow,

and decrease lift at the wand in operation.

Larry
Have you seen the demo of this concept in action?

I did some research last night on portables with 3 vac set ups and you seemed to be very interested in the duel parallel set up with both exhausts going in to a single vac creating a series system off of a parallel system using one vac.

I bet you quit using that set up as you had too much force blowing on the back end vac or you thought of the vent idea too, to make it a working system.

I did not see any photos as they are deleted.
Most seem think it was two vacs set in series set up, using two vacs with a single booster vac, in box, parallel with the series set up.
http://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/new-design-3-vac-breeze-extractor.16197/

I remember seeing this post and also had the thought that it was as Tank thought. Kind of like the Cross American Recoil 3 vac system.

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
My thoughts on why Larry C. abandon the 3 vac set up.
1. Popping Breakers.
2. High heat issues.
3. Balanced performance in the two high powered vacs in parallel and the third vac not big enough to blow the equal CFMs from the two front vacs. Having two small vacs in front that have the back vac pull equal flows, made it, the system not as powerful.

Solutions.

1. = Relief valve.
2. = Cooling system.
3. = Relief valve.

I think a cooling system capable to cool two vacs exhausts where the exhaust blows into one vac needs to be good. For when the regulator is in use most of the time, the two vacs have a lot of heat when the air flow is low. These electric vacs motors are air cooled through the exhaust. I guess about 60% to 75% of the cooling on the electric vacuum motors goes out the exhaust.

Cooling system idea.
Have a few 1/2 inch tubes at 12 inches long that when combined have a hole size at two inches for low CFM systems and for high CFMs systems a capacity that is three inches in size. (Aluminum with heat sink like extenders and connection spacers) Incase the tubes in plastics or metal if using air fan cooling system and all metal with water cooling system.

Due to lower heat temperatures from vacuum motors compared to a 25 HP gas motor heat exchanger, use rubber freezing plugs if using water to cool. Using freeze plugs may extend usefulness if somehow the system gets frozen.
The regulator vent and cooling system needs to be in parts so as to clean check valves and insides of tubes incase some kind of build up starts to happen due to bad waste tank designs and bad lint filtering designs that can not stop foam and water drops blowing out the systems exhaust.
Human error and mistakes should also be understood as to why something may have a problem.

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Here I test CFM from the vacuum motor's exhaust using carpet cleaning tools.