machine causes van to get excessively hot | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

machine causes van to get excessively hot

Dr Rugsnstone

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
James Reese
My Performer is running great and not overheating. If I run it with the covers on, it builds up so much heat that the 240 degree sensor gets destroyed and the components get very hot and machine bogs down. If I run without covers the machine runs great but the van and everything around the machine gets extremely hot. Anything I have in the cab gets affected by the heat. The only thing I can think that would cause this is an exhaust leak but I don't hear anything obvious to me. I have taken it to mechanics for years replacing parts and seals due to heat issues but never had any identify the root of the problem. The coolant temp is normal operating temp. For some reason it pits off an excessive amount of heat inside the van.

Mar 24, 2012
california
Real Name
daniel berber
Business Location
United States
I have a efi Everest. I used to run it with the covers on since new for the first 2 to 3 years until the computer melted. I been running it with covers off for the past ten or so years always with double doors open and windows rolled about half way down and obviously the sliding door open. Always experienced excessive heat in the van Chevy express cargo van . I recently upgraded to a high roof 3500 ram promaster and I rhino lined the entire inside except the cab, doors roof walls floor every square inch. No More heat. I sat the other day inside the cab after a job to wait for the customer to arrive for a bout 5 minutes with everything open and I felt a nice cold breeze coming from the back of the van, this never happened with my old Chevy. Just some info

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
I have a simple 12 inch 12 volt radiator fan (1600 cfm) mounted near my machine pointed straight out the back door. Keeps the entire truck cool.
Depending on your charging system you can also get fans that will move 2-3000 cfm.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Welcome to truckmount life. Come work in Vegas when it’s 112 degrees outside, the van never cools off no mater what.

Make sure you have the side and rear doors open all the time when the machine is running and roll down your front windows.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I run an extension cord for 120v supply to diesel burner, inside lighting and a cooling fan.
The fan blows across the engine header and belts towards the back doors.
Works great!

My van has the quiet package so the walls and ceilings are lined.
The ceiling panel directly over the machine was literally bubbling and melting.
Not anymore!

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke