My ETM Vacuum Setup, Pictures Of It. Built From Scratch. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

My ETM Vacuum Setup, Pictures Of It. Built From Scratch.

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
Did u ever figure out the surface cleaner thing
unfortunately no. it wouldn't work, it needs a complicated vacuum ring around the edges like a sx15 and stuff.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
@Qwikdry. Ever have problems with imploding? I tried a 55 gal drum it crushed Like a beer can. I just welded up a vertical 30 gal. Air compressor tank. So far testing it has held. I'm looking into installing 8.4's in parallel.

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
@Qwikdry. Ever have problems with imploding? I tried a 55 gal drum it crushed Like a beer can. I just welded up a vertical 30 gal. Air compressor tank. So far testing it has held. I'm looking into installing 8.4's in parallel.
no, i have used a 55 gallon steel drum and currently use a 30 gallon steel drum, neither of them imploded. i put a maximum of 2 vacuum motors in series. 5.7s with 130" water lift each. that is over 200" water lift, between 14 to 15 in HG of lift. I had my hose fittings going through the lid of the barrel not the sides. How did you have your steel drum setup? also how were the vacuum motors arranged when the steel barrel imploded?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I have cobbs lmb2a's in parallel inside a century ninja. I connected to the 2" pipe threaded hole on top of drum. The 3/4" hole was left open. Figured that would be equivalent to an upholstery tool. 1ST Switch Heard A Gong Sound 2nd Switch Crushed it. Here's pic of old and new.

Attachments

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
Before you use that new tank I would consider pouring epoxy or epoxy pain in it to coat the inside. So it doesn't corrode. I painted the inside of my barrel and installed auto pump out. The air compressor tank is sturdy it won't implode. Looks really nice BTW!

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
no, i have used a 55 gallon steel drum and currently use a 30 gallon steel drum, neither of them imploded. i put a maximum of 2 vacuum motors in series. 5.7s with 130" water lift each. that is over 200" water lift, between 14 to 15 in HG of lift. I had my hose fittings going through the lid of the barrel not the sides. How did you have your steel drum setup? also how were the vacuum motors arranged when the steel barrel imploded?
Nice. What is your amps at total on each circuit? I'm working with a 6000 running 7500 surge watt generator. I was looking into dual 8.4's and running parallel inside cage on back of tank. And using that pressure pump you had in video. If it holds up. I will then add on pump out.

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
How about a etm or portable with two 8.4's in parallel boosted by 2. 6.6s in series? Four cords. .. what kind of numbers and performance could one expect?

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
How about a etm or portable with two 8.4's in parallel boosted by 2. 6.6s in series? Four cords. .. what kind of numbers and performance could one expect?
It will suck the paint off a wall :)

Seriously, what's the science behind using 2 6.6s to boost 2 8.4s? I'm asking because I'm interested in learning what the point of doing that is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suction Junkie

theejcor

Oct 4, 2013
I got a question for you electrical guys. I have a meter 2001cs machine that just sits around and used occasionally for furniture. I want to upgrade the pump and add a vac to it. Would I be able to upgrade the pump and still keep the 3 stage low amp vac and a larger pump on the one cord then run another cord for just the new 3 stage vac?

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
Yes. How many amps is the new pump going to be? If it isn't too many amps you might be able to have 3 vacuum motors and the new pump running on 2 cords.

theejcor

Oct 4, 2013
I wasn't sure yet how many amps it would have. What would be the max amps for the pump and still be able to run the single stage low amp on the same cord.

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
How about a four 8.4 setup.?
that would be cool, but making a four 6.6 2 stage setup would make more sense. as far as i am concerned the 6.6 and 8.4 have almost the same specs.... why pay way more for so little gains..?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I wasn't sure yet how many amps it would have. What would be the max amps for the pump and still be able to run the single stage low amp on the same cord.
On one cord. 80% of circuit. Using 20 amp for example.
120v x 20 amp= 2400 watts
.80 x 2400w= 1920 watts 1920w÷120v=16 amp. This is where you want to be. 16 amp 1920 watts.
You can find these formulas all over internet. Just find amp or watt rating on your motors. if stated in amps multiply amp x 120 v = motors wattage.

Reactions: Mike Krall

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
My CA Jaguar will run solution pump and primary 6.6 2 stage easily on a 20 amp
circuit. I haven't actually put an amp probe on it but I think the vacuum motor runs at around 13 amps and the pump running at 350 psi requires about 3 amps. Then on the other cord we have the 6.6 2 stage booster vac running at 13 amp and the APO at 2 amps for a total of 3720. Adding 2 more
6.6 2 stages would be about 26 more amps for a total of 6840 watts. An 8500 to
10,000 watt gen set would do fine. Of course I am talking about running watts.
I think if I were doing it I might just have a generator capable of easily running the 2 primary vac motors + pump and APO which is only 31 amps. . To be sure lets say 34 amps. A generator that will run at 5500 watts would easily handle that. Then I would just plug in the two booster vacuum motors which should be very easy requiring only two 15 amp circuits. Certainly a setup like that would be very powerful for sure. 14.75 Hg vacuum and 345 cfms configured with two in series with another pair of the same in parallel. Add a 2HT propane heater and you have considerable power to clean carpets leaving all the equipment in the truck. Or if your up to it get your heat from the exhaust of the generator. Building a good heatexhanger is while not simple it isn't rocket science either. I still like the LG 2HT.

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
That would be comparable to a gas truck mount as for specs. I was thinking that people should start building a etm base unit with just 2 5.7 or 6.6 vac motors in the van with auto pump out and fill and then just put an inline booster plugged into the customers home using one cord maybe 50 to 100 feet from base unit.

Reactions: Jan Sullins

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
Then you could use just a small gas generator. To power the base unit.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
That would be comparable to a gas truck mount as for specs. I was thinking that people should start building a etm base unit with just 2 5.7 or 6.6 vac motors in the van with auto pump out and fill and then just put an inline booster plugged into the customers home using one cord maybe 50 to 100 feet from base unit.

Why not use the inline booster as your pump out too. Then your base doesn't have to pull all that water back to the van?