Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
@Ymetimme hey timme today i tried my lg 3ht heater, i noticed that it takes time to light this with the new parts, the hose that connects from the propane to the heater is kinda long and i am thinking that when ever i release the valve on the propane tank it takes some time that gas to travel up to the heater and here i am press holding the red button seems for ever by the time it fires up when i am pressing the ignite. how do you do it?
Side by side the 2HT and the 3HT there should be no difference in how long it takes to light . 2HT for 8 years and now the 3 HT for 1 1/2 years .
10' 1/2 black gas pipe from the tanks . I shut the gas off at the 3HT and remove tanks (after closing valve) at night when parking in heated garage (furnace in garage). Warmer weather the tanks never come off. Tanks out side in below freezing weather.
Try this : SLIGHTLY Crack open valve at the tank . Wait 3-5 minutes before you fully open it . Try a long reach BBQ lighter instead of the igniter ....if it lights with the BBQ lighter you may have your igniter out of whack.
Operating at true 2GPM now and the heat is blazing and continuous.
Hasn't "froze" again ....so far.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Side by side the 2HT and the 3HT there should be no difference in how long it takes to light . 2HT for 8 years and now the 3 HT for 1 1/2 years .
10' 1/2 black gas pipe from the tanks . I shut the gas off at the 3HT and remove tanks (after closing valve) at night when parking in heated garage (furnace in garage). Warmer weather the tanks never come off. Tanks out side in below freezing weather.
Try this : SLIGHTLY Crack open valve at the tank . Wait 3-5 minutes before you fully open it . Try a long reach BBQ lighter instead of the igniter ....if it lights with the BBQ lighter you may have your igniter out of whack.
Operating at true 2GPM now and the heat is blazing and continuous.
Hasn't "froze" again ....so far.
Thanks Jim I knew you would jump on this. So I will open the valve from the tank and let the gas travel to the heater for few minutes and I do other stuff, come back for it and start it, the ignite works great. Also since I added the proper fittings it won't freeze the tank.

Reactions: Jimsteam

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Thanks Jim I knew you would jump on this. So I will open the valve from the tank and let the gas travel to the heater for few minutes and I do other stuff, come back for it and start it, the ignite works great. Also since I added the proper fittings it won't freeze the tank.
No problem.
To make sure were on the same page .... Only slightly open it then go do other stuff . Come back and fully open after the other stuff. Spark it up

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Waiting for that 85-90 degree weather to see if the tank freezes . No hurry tho LOL.
Nahh should be fine, as long as you have the proper fittings. Mine doesn't freeze any more after spending over couple of hundred dollars, I got all the necessary fittings for my h3 from steam brite, even Donald was laughing at me how I was trying to use the barbecue fittings on a h3 model lol. We all learn from doing stupid stuff.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Waiting for that 85-90 degree weather to see if the tank freezes . No hurry tho LOL.
I will put my summer equipment couple days before April and then test it for a full day by cleaning my area rugs, upholstery and the tiles. Spring cleaning begins with my house. Very excited.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
@Fedri Hey look at how solid Goomer’s conversion kit is now. Goomer is using a very thin aluminum plate. It needs reinforcement.
Nice, looking good, hopefully things will work out for you. When you are done I want to see it. I couldn't get it to work because I am not that handy

@Jim Davisson I am going to receive my diaphragm pumps on Monday. I will install 2 pumps, one will be a 200psi pump tech pump and the other one will be the 220psi diaphragm pump parallel to each other. The reason I want one to be a non diaphragm pump is because special in the winter I want to rinse the recovery tank inside the house after work. Today I tested 2 pumps 200psi parallel to each other and noticed the water flow is much stronger and the pressure is softer on the carpet where you won't see any damaging lines to fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Davisson

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
Nahh should be fine, as long as you have the proper fittings. Mine doesn't freeze any more after spending over couple of hundred dollars, I got all the necessary fittings for my h3 from steam brite, even Donald was laughing at me how I was trying to use the barbecue fittings on a h3 model lol. We all learn from doing stupid stuff.
Can you still use the LG heater in -30 deg C temp? I was thinking of this before using an underbelly tank but my concern is the flow of gas during very cold weather. Aso how do you winterize the coils? Using anti freeze? Can you blow air into the coils to get water out to prevent freezing?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Can you still use the LG heater in -30 deg C temp? I was thinking of this before using an underbelly tank but my concern is the flow of gas during very cold weather. Aso how do you winterize the coils? Using anti freeze? Can you blow air into the coils to get water out to prevent freezing?
i got winter and summer equipment. i don't use the lg heater in the winter months from december till april. i keep my summer equipment inside my warm garage in the winter don't need to winterize them, hate to do that.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Nice, looking good, hopefully things will work out for you. When you are done I want to see it. I couldn't get it to work because I am not that handy

@Jim Davisson I am going to receive my diaphragm pumps on Monday. I will install 2 pumps, one will be a 200psi pump tech pump and the other one will be the 220psi diaphragm pump parallel to each other. The reason I want one to be a non diaphragm pump is because special in the winter I want to rinse the recovery tank inside the house after work. Today I tested 2 pumps 200psi parallel to each other and noticed the water flow is much stronger and the pressure is softer on the carpet where you won't see any damaging lines to fix.
I recommend 1/2" hose on both sides of the pump. Your flow will be boss and with 3/8" you will be able to exceed any TM running 1/4".

Reactions: Jimsteam and Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I recommend 1/2" hose on both sides of the pump. Your flow will be boss and with 3/8" you will be able to exceed any TM running 1/4".
jim please direct me a site for the 1/2 hose so i can purchase them, i will search here locally as well, because these hoses must be high pressure to handle the 150-200 psi, i don't think the garden hose is capable to handle that. the 3/8 is to add next year, i got to watch that budget but eventually i would like to switch from 1/4 to 3/8 in the near future. thanks for your help.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
You can use short 1/4" lines on the pressure side joining both to the QC. On the inlet 1/2" on each side vinyl reinforced and hose clamps are totally fine for up to 100 psi hot tap water. I don't dual clamp, but you can for peace of mind.

This hose is what I'm referring to.
AHBD-9YWKML.jpg

Reactions: Fedri and Jimsteam