Mytee air hog vac booster 7303 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Mytee air hog vac booster 7303

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
In all fairness I haven't read where ACP states he does things this fast. But I think he is running about as big a truck/ system you could run so maybe so..

Im, just talking about flow here on the wand. Again, this guy on YT makes a strong case for low flow higher pressure and is getting good results.
I read it where he did say that he cleans 4 rooms in 45min and he even posted some nice cool videos. Even he is running a big ass of a tm, how are we going to categorize the pre vacuuming and pre scrubbing.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I am not here to call him a liar, we are talking here. He is a nice guy, he does look successful and with lots of experience.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
In all fairness I haven't read where ACP states he does things this fast. But I think he is running about as big a truck/ system you could run so maybe so..

Im, just talking about flow here on the wand. Again, this guy on YT makes a strong case for low flow higher pressure and is getting good results.
In my opinion if the flow of water when extraction is low then the technician should wand slower for a good flush, if the water flow is high the technician can move faster. You got to find that balance.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Are you using a pump up sprayer???
Pretty much just the hydro force.

I’ve used the small pump up I have for a couple couches and some rugs only.

Any faster w the pump up?

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
OK there is a very well known (at least to me) guy in ATL on youtube running a carpet biz. Im not saying he is preaching gospel but he has obviously found success and from what I see on his many videos gets carpets clean! which is what customers want. Anyway....

I heard him say recently he prefers low flow (4 - so he has I believe 4 jets on his wand so each jet would be a 1 flow if I'm not mistaken) and higher pressure. He says that combination works for him. He does seem to wand slowly over soiled areas and maybe multiple passes but for him it doesn't seem to over wet and gives real good dry times based on the one specific video I have seen where he is stating the carpet is practically dry after cleaning.

For those reasons I am considering the same low flow higher pressure (450 -550) as I evolve in the game.

Thoughts?
4 flow
Well he's really not got that low-flow he needs to do a bucket test to see what his GPM rate is but at 550 PSI if he's maintaining it he could be putting out a pretty good volume of water.
I've heard guys go with 2flow on a 2 jet wand and completely honestly they clean carpet.

I prefer my flow to be a higher
I feel you get a little deeper into the carpet fiber it also allows your wand to seal slightly better and increases your volume of BTU more heat longer. I also feel it allows you to have a little bit faster dry times.

Reactions: Fedri

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
OK there is a very well known (at least to me) guy in ATL on youtube running a carpet biz. Im not saying he is preaching gospel but he has obviously found success and from what I see on his many videos gets carpets clean! which is what customers want. Anyway....

I heard him say recently he prefers low flow (4 - so he has I believe 4 jets on his wand so each jet would be a 1 flow if I'm not mistaken) and higher pressure. He says that combination works for him. He does seem to wand slowly over soiled areas and maybe multiple passes but for him it doesn't seem to over wet and gives real good dry times based on the one specific video I have seen where he is stating the carpet is practically dry after cleaning.

For those reasons I am considering the same low flow higher pressure (450 -550) as I evolve in the game.

Thoughts?
I am very very happy with 5 x 015 jets (7.5 total) on 15in mach 15 running approx 600-650 psi at the machine but we run high temps little giant #4.

This set up has great impact on the fibers and cuts through dirty carpet very easily without having to do a lot of overlapping or multiple passes in heavy traffic areas. Dry times are also very short

sunrisecarpet951

Apr 9, 2016
Real Name
Allan
One thing we forget about is the higher the pressure the small the water droplet is. Sometimes you need a little weight behind you in order to be able to move heavier soiling, that’s why I like to stick around 350-450psi. It’s like the old 9mm vs .45 argument. Another thing we quickly look over is sheer. By adjusting your sheer you can make a job a lot easier on yourself without having to change your flow

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Well arguments like this have always been common here..... clean in 45 mins. Well everyone defines clean differently.
For me if I had to speed my way thru a day I’d rather flip burgers. I like my leasurely pace. So much easier on the body. Charge ultra high prices and do way less jobs.

Reactions: Ymetimme and Fedri

sunrisecarpet951

Apr 9, 2016
Real Name
Allan
I was taught by the brother of Mike Palmer (who started hydramaster) They worked hand in hand for many years before he left and started his own cleaning company. And he would always tell me how they tested cleaning pressures to figure out what worked best. They would take a tank of water and partially fill it with sand, then they would take a spray jet and hit the sand with it to see what pressure moved the largest amount of sand. That’s how they came to the conclusion that 350-450 was the optimal pressure. I could be completely wrong but it’s information that came from some of the original people in the industry. Counts for something in my book and it hasn’t let me down yet

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I was taught by the brother of Mike Palmer (who started hydramaster) They worked hand in hand for many years before he left and started his own cleaning company. And he would always tell me how they tested cleaning pressures to figure out what worked best. They would take a tank of water and partially fill it with sand, then they would take a spray jet and hit the sand with it to see what pressure moved the largest amount of sand. That’s how they came to the conclusion that 350-450 was the optimal pressure. I could be completely wrong but it’s information that came from some of the original people in the industry. Counts for something in my book and it hasn’t let me down yet
I agree with that wholeheartedly. There are a lot of obstacles that affect the performance of the water at the floor when you dive into it. All setups clean, that's not debatable, but the level of cleaning and the speed at which it takes place can be improved if you want to improve it.

A commercial cleaner and a residential cleaner have different soil loads on different carpets, different prices per ft² and clean vastly different amounts of carpet per job and both can be very profitable with the right setup. Those setups are very different.

Robs monster fuel fired TM for example with the huge pump, 3/8" solution line and high lift blower arrangement is going to blow out a 20 hp TM in a commercial environment, but only be around 25% faster in residential because of the details he addressed in the build and he doesn't have to operate at extreme high pressures to do it. The Devil is in the details.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
One thing we forget about is the higher the pressure the small the water droplet is. Sometimes you need a little weight behind you in order to be able to move heavier soiling, that’s why I like to stick around 350-450psi. It’s like the old 9mm vs .45 argument. Another thing we quickly look over is sheer. By adjusting your sheer you can make a job a lot easier on yourself without having to change your flow
That’s good to hear because I pretty much always clean at just over 400 psi because my diesel heater only kicks on at 400.

I haven’t figured out how to change it so it kicks on below that.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
That’s good to hear because I pretty much always clean at just over 400 psi because my diesel heater only kicks on at 400.

I haven’t figured out how to change it so it kicks on below that.
You need to get a different flow switch that is lower pressure you can get them little kick on at 75/100 PSI.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
It was very hot for the last few days and yesterday middle of my last job one of my LX vac stopped working, I had to finish the job with one vac. When I got home they both working, it was the weather that caused it. I do leave all my doors open for ventilation but the heat was in the extreme side.

Reactions: Jimsteam