Mytee bentley stair tool or PMF swivel stair tool? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Mytee bentley stair tool or PMF swivel stair tool?

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Which one do you prefer and why? I'm thinking the PMF will last longer as the head is all metal.
But the mytee Bentley looks really nice with the clear swivel head.
I always do stairs by hand with a upholstery tool. But its very labor intensive and takes time.
Eill the 30 inch long swivel head save me alot of time?
Thanks!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Which one do you prefer and why? I'm thinking the PMF will last longer as the head is all metal.
I always do stairs by hand with a upholstery tool. But its very labor intensive and takes time.
Thanks!
I can't help with your decision, but I would rather someone slam me in the head with a ball bat than to go back to doing stairs with an upholstery tool or even a stair tool that's basically an upholstery tool with a longer handle. Been there and done that. I don't have a swivel stair tool and have been looking at both the tools you mentioned.

Right now I still use a mini-wand, for cleaning stairs. It may not be the greatest thing on the market, but it's a lot faster than anything I used before by a mile. I don't know why in the world PMF isn't making their swivel a 2 jetter. I think the Mytee swivel does have 3 jets, but I'd need to hear from someone actually using it before I'd consider buying it too. I think PMF would sell more of theirs if they put 2 jets standard on theirs.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Thanks!
I do not see why ya need a swivel head on a stair tool. Besides that bracket for the swivel head makes the tool weight more and cost more. Also a stair tool with out the swivel will last a lot longer. :)

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Thank you randy. I think pmf does sell a 2 jetter now. Cannot remember where I saw it, but you can order it that way. If memory serves me right it was 369.00 for a 30" with swivel as well.
I like the look of the mytee with that clear head! But they do not seem to be very popular. Could not find any vids of one working one youtube.
The head does not look like that durable nylon plastic, but more the conventional hard plastic that's more brittle.
You answered my question about time savings. That's really what's needed here. Cutting down time doing those stairs!

Reactions: wandwizard

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I do not see why ya need a swivel head on a stair tool. Besides that bracket for the swivel head makes the tool weight more and cost more. Also a stair tool with out the swivel will last a lot longer. :)
CCworks,
The swivel looks great in that you can flip it over and do the vertical parts of the steps while still standing down below them and not having to flip the whole unit over????
Judt seems like it wou)ld make life easier and a little quicker....

Reactions: CCWorks

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Tony Dang is realizing a Dang Bentley Swivel I think next week

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Just found a pmf 2 jet on ebay for about 280.00 they look to have a different Inside tube type of swivel. Not sure but I sent the guy a message to see if it does indeed swivel.
PMF I feel maked good solid stuff. Love my mach 12 wand still. Wish it had a window but it works great. Bery light!
I also have a pmf upholstery tool. All aluminum with internal spray and sight glass window. Very nice!

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I'll sell a pmf swivel stair tool to someone. It has a bad valve but besides that it's in decent shape. I bought it off craigslist thinking I was gonna do more residential, then got cancer and that's been keeping me busy. No time to work on residential stuff. I'll put up a picture tomorrow. Think I paid about 150.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I can't help with your decision, but I would rather someone slam me in the head with a ball bat than to go back to doing stairs with an upholstery tool or even a stair tool that's basically an upholstery tool with a longer handle. Been there and done that. I don't have a swivel stair tool and have been looking at both the tools you mentioned.

Right now I still use a mini-wand, for cleaning stairs. It may not be the greatest thing on the market, but it's a lot faster than anything I used before by a mile. I don't know why in the world PMF isn't making their swivel a 2 jetter. I think the Mytee swivel does have 3 jets, but I'd need to hear from someone actually using it before I'd consider buying it too. I think PMF would sell more of theirs if they put 2 jets standard on theirs.
We have the PMF 30" 1 jet Swivel stair tool. Great tool however our clear head West Pak external jet upholstery tool set up properly does as good of job and is not much slower if any.http://www.prochemsupply.com/westpak-4-clear-head-detail-upholstery-tool-1-jet-10-0504/?gclid=CjwKCAjw0tHoBRBhEiwAvP1GFZ-SFHS5Ehoj3a2U9FGLrd3-xMF_mJ2JEAeY8LlpVixNPvo5Ymo1jBoCtXkQAvD_BwE
A short 1 1/2" Vacuum hose with a swivel cuff and a short 1/4 solution line makes it very easy to use.
WP is also backup to our Dri Master 3.
63 year old tech Tech prefers the upholstery tool for stairs. PMF swivel stair tool is only used sparingly.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I'll sell a pmf swivel stair tool to someone. It has a bad valve but besides that it's in decent shape. I bought it off craigslist thinking I was gonna do more residential, then got cancer and that's been keeping me busy. No time to work on residential stuff. I'll put up a picture tomorrow. Think I paid about 150.
Sorry to hear that. Take the time to get well. Do you have a picture of it??

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
We have the PMF 30" 1 jet Swivel stair tool. Great tool however our clear head West Pak external jet upholstery tool set up properly does as good of job and is not much slower if any.http://www.prochemsupply.com/westpak-4-clear-head-detail-upholstery-tool-1-jet-10-0504/?gclid=CjwKCAjw0tHoBRBhEiwAvP1GFZ-SFHS5Ehoj3a2U9FGLrd3-xMF_mJ2JEAeY8LlpVixNPvo5Ymo1jBoCtXkQAvD_BwE
A short 1 1/2" Vacuum hose with a swivel cuff and a short 1/4 solution line makes it very easy to use.
WP is also backup to our Dri Master 3.
63 year old tech Tech prefers the upholstery tool for stairs. PMF swivel stair tool is only used sparingly.
Thank you jimsteam!! Great info and good to know. I'm just looking for quicker times and less strain on my back. I have never used a stair tool but it looks alot faster then the upholstery tool. Just going from a 4 inch wide head to a 9 or 10 should really help me!!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
CCworks,
The swivel looks great in that you can flip it over and do the vertical parts of the steps while still standing down below them and not having to flip the whole unit over????
Judt seems like it wou)ld make life easier and a little quicker....
I haven't actually used one, but I think you're right. The only awkward part of doing stairs is getting the riser and unless the tool swivels around it makes that part of it harder. I don't want a tool that causes me to have to stoop over or kneel down to use it. My mini wand lets me keep erect and I can thoroughly flush out even the most filthy stairs pretty quick with it. Still, the riser part is an issue and really the only reason I am even considering a swivel stair tool. I suspect the PMF will be more durable and less problematic. Cutting a 10 inch swath is way better than 3.5 or 4 inches. Once I pretreat those steps and do a quick brush agitation if needed, I can do an average staircase fairly quick.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Just found a pmf 2 jet on ebay for about 280.00 they look to have a different Inside tube type of swivel. Not sure but I sent the guy a message to see if it does indeed swivel.
PMF I feel maked good solid stuff. Love my mach 12 wand still. Wish it had a window but it works great. Bery light!
I also have a pmf upholstery tool. All aluminum with internal spray and sight glass window. Very nice!
I like the window too on my Bentley wand. However, I don't think it's as important on stairs so that would not be a selling point to me. I mainly want good ergonomics, something that cleans well, and keeps me from breaking my back. I can tell pretty easily what's going on with the current stair tool or if there's a problem. When doing carpets the window helps you to see if you're getting good extraction and how much moisture is being left in the carpet which is definitely a plus.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I haven't actually used one, but I think you're right. The only awkward part of doing stairs is getting the riser and unless the tool swivels around it makes that part of it harder. I don't want a tool that causes me to have to stoop over or kneel down to use it. My mini wand lets me keep erect and I can thoroughly flush out even the most filthy stairs pretty quick with it. Still, the riser part is an issue and really the only reason I am even considering a swivel stair tool. I suspect the PMF will be more durable and less problematic. Cutting a 10 inch swath is way better than 3.5 or 4 inches. Once I pretreat those steps and do a quick brush agitation if needed, I can do an average staircase fairly quick.
"Cutting a 10 inch swath is way better than 3.5 or 4 inches."
These were exactly my thoughts .
With your stubby wand are going up cleaning the risers and going down cleaning the tread ? Instead of fighting the swivel at each step this how we ending up using the PMF swivel .

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
"Cutting a 10 inch swath is way better than 3.5 or 4 inches."
These were exactly my thoughts .
With your stubby wand are going up cleaning the risers and going down cleaning the tread ? Instead of fighting the swivel at each step this how we ending up using the PMF swivel .
I don't always use the stair wand on the risers to be perfectly honest. If the risers are dirty or stained I'll turn it around and sometimes go bottom to top on the stairs doing all of the risers and then turn back around going down the stairs cleaning the treaders and bullnose. I also use a small vacuum tool a lot to dry vac the riser after cleaning the treaders since there normally is little to no soil on the risers. The swivel looks like it would be better, but I'd have to use it to find out.

I have been using a 2 jet tool for stairs for quite a few years and definitely think they do a superior job over a 1 jet. I used the Prochem stair tool before the one I have now and the jets were well placed for flushing out heavy soils on the steps and it had a curve to it that was good for the bullnose. It did a great job but was very hard on my back and also not great for doing the riser. The little mini wand is a pretty decent tool for the price. I think I gave like 140. for mine and it's been well worth it.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I don't always use the stair wand on the risers to be perfectly honest. If the risers are dirty or stained I'll turn it around and sometimes go bottom to top on the stairs doing all of the risers and then turn back around going down the stairs cleaning the treaders and bullnose. I also use a small vacuum tool a lot to dry vac the riser after cleaning the treaders since there normally is little to no soil on the risers. The swivel looks like it would be better, but I'd have to use it to find out.

I have been using a 2 jet tool for stairs for quite a few years and definitely think they do a superior job over a 1 jet. I used the Prochem stair tool before the one I have now and the jets were well placed for flushing out heavy soils on the steps and it had a curve to it that was good for the bullnose. It did a great job but was very hard on my back and also not great for doing the riser. The little mini wand is a pretty decent tool for the price. I think I gave like 140. for mine and it's been well worth it.
You may like the swivel .
I wish I would have purchased a mini wand which I have used in the past instead of the swivel..
If the steps arent that bad we often simply Pad them with an Oreck Orbitor.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
You may like the swivel .
I wish I would have purchased a mini wand which I have used in the past instead of the swivel..
If the steps arent that bad we often simply Pad them with an Oreck Orbitor.
Jim,
Well I guess if I dont like the swivel I dont have to use it. Just leave it locked. I know that mytee Bentley has 3 jets I think! It looks nice and I bet the clear head would really make the
8309_Bottom_web (1).png
Customers giddy!
8309_Head_web.png