Mytee LTD 5 or Mytee's New Dual Vac LX Booster with Pumpout and 1,200 PSI Water Hog? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Mytee LTD 5 or Mytee's New Dual Vac LX Booster with Pumpout and 1,200 PSI Water Hog?

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
No it’s a 1200 psi pump. That 800 is a misprint.

John, How much is the 1200 psi pump going to go for? Also, will the Booster allow my Air Series 23 to hook up to the back of it? I keep asking this question because you keep forgetting to answer it. :) Thanks

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
John, How much is the 1200 psi pump going to go for? Also, will the Booster allow my Air Series 23 to hook up to the back of it? I keep asking this question because you keep forgetting to answer it. :) Thanks
Working on the cost of the Water Hog. Should know soon. No you can’t hook
Up the air 23 to the Air Hog LX.

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
@John LaBarbera Will you be around this coming Monday if I can arrange to get out there?
I'm set on the Air Hog Booster for numerous reasons. I almost ordered one today. I'm still debating if I want the Water Hog or the Water Otter. Same pump in both. Water Otter will be easier to carry upstairs if needed but I do like the auto fill tank on the Water Hog. I will be messing with three cords but after learning some stuff it isn't really going to be a problem.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I'm set on the Air Hog Booster for numerous reasons. I almost ordered one today. I'm still debating if I want the Water Hog or the Water Otter. Same pump in both. Water Otter will be easier to carry upstairs if needed but I do like the auto fill tank on the Water Hog. I will be messing with three cords but after learning some stuff it isn't really going to be a problem.
You might be surprised that the otter pump will work in the same 15amp line together with one vac motor, so this way you will have to find 2 15amp lines unless if you crank it up over 600psi. Currently I am using the otter pump in the same line as my 6.6 or high powered 5.7 vac motor in the same line and it won't trip a breaker up to 500-600 psi. Try it when you get them.

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
You might be surprised that the otter pump will work in the same 15amp line together with one vac motor, so this way you will have to find 2 15amp lines unless if you crank it up over 600psi. Currently I am using the otter pump in the same line as my 6.6 or high powered 5.7 vac motor in the same line and it won't trip a breaker up to 500-600 psi. Try it when you get them.
Yes. thank you, some of the info I found was from you. This is my plan. I can run off two 15 amp circuits to clean carpet but still be able to have 1200 psi when needed and run off of three 15 amp circuits to do tile.

Another positive is, if my TM pump goes down I got another pump until I can get my TM pump fixed or replaced.

Another positive is this Air Hog, plus Water Otter pump can fit in my van with TM. If TM goes down in the middle of job I can pull out the Air Hog and Water Otter and finish the job.

Another positive is this setup (pump & booster) is separate from each other....making it easier to tote up the stairs to third or forth floor if needed. 40 pounds for the booster and around 50 pounds for the pump. I could build out a dolly to tote it all in one trip. I do have a welder and bender to bend and weld some flat/angle iron to hold these to the dolly.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Yes. thank you, some of the info I found was from you. This is my plan. I can run off two 15 amp circuits to clean carpet but still be able to have 1200 psi when needed and run off of three 15 amp circuits to do tile.

Another positive is, if my TM pump goes down I got another pump until I can get my TM pump fixed or replaced.

Another positive is this Air Hog, plus Water Otter pump can fit in my van with TM. If TM goes down in the middle of job I can pull out the Air Hog and Water Otter and finish the job.

Another positive is this setup (pump & booster) is separate from each other....making it easier to tote up the stairs to third or forth floor if needed. 40 pounds for the booster and around 50 pounds for the pump. I could build out a dolly to tote it all in one trip. I do have a welder and bender to bend and weld some flat/angle iron to hold these to the dolly.
Awesome

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

I"m thinking the same as you

Reactions: JD5150

sctcal50

May 9, 2018
Real Name
Charles Calhoun
New Member here, gotta say, wonderful people on this site.
I`m in the process of opening my carpet business. Trying to decide on what equipment would serve me best. . I live in an area on the Gulf Coast with all the deluxe homes, vacation rentals and high rises. I want to offer my customers the very best job they can get and to do this I need to start with the best equipment for my task. I want to service carpet, travertine and or tile floors, and upholstery. I want the fastest drying times possible from a portable. Several ways to go.
Mytee LTD5 with Hot Turbo and Water Otter.
This would be fastest, easiest set up I think. Most work done with the LTD5.
Mytee Air Hog, Water Hog, and Hot Turbo.
ETM in the unit. Most Air and Lift. 2 smaller units used most the time
Jaguar 8.4, Hot Turbo, and Water Otter.
Most Expensive, reviewers report very little difference between 8.4 and LTD5.
I would like some honest advice. Thanks in advance.

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
New Member here, gotta say, wonderful people on this site.
I`m in the process of opening my carpet business. Trying to decide on what equipment would serve me best. . I live in an area on the Gulf Coast with all the deluxe homes, vacation rentals and high rises. I want to offer my customers the very best job they can get and to do this I need to start with the best equipment for my task. I want to service carpet, travertine and or tile floors, and upholstery. I want the fastest drying times possible from a portable. Several ways to go.
Mytee LTD5 with Hot Turbo and Water Otter.
This would be fastest, easiest set up I think. Most work done with the LTD5.
Mytee Air Hog, Water Hog, and Hot Turbo.
ETM in the unit. Most Air and Lift. 2 smaller units used most the time
Jaguar 8.4, Hot Turbo, and Water Otter.
Most Expensive, reviewers report very little difference between 8.4 and LTD5.
I would like some honest advice. Thanks in advance.
I had to buy a TM pump so I haven't bought the Air Hog or the Water Hog yet but plan on in the near future. This still in my mind is the best setup for portability. Another positive. If you do have to remove them out of your van you don't even need a ramp or someone to help you. Ramp will take up space in your van.

If you go with the LTD5 you might want to wait the LTD5 LX should be coming soon

sctcal50

May 9, 2018
Real Name
Charles Calhoun
I read somewhere in this forum they tested the motors and were going to stay with the 3 stages. They may have been mistaken. Is 400psi to much to clean upholstery with?

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
I had to buy a TM pump so I haven't bought the Air Hog or the Water Hog yet but plan on in the near future. This still in my mind is the best setup for portability. Another positive. If you do have to remove them out of your van you don't even need a ramp or someone to help you. Ramp will take up space in your van.

If you go with the LTD5 you might want to wait the LTD5 LX should be coming soon
We finished the LTD 5 LX. It will be on the website next week.

sctcal50

May 9, 2018
Real Name
Charles Calhoun
What was the difference in power and what is the cost?
I see the LTD5 is on sale for $2,150. Good price.

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
What was the difference in power and what is the cost?
I see the LTD5 is on sale for $2,150. Good price.
LX 6.6 vacuum motors are the best out there right now. No one has come from anywhere an has proved otherwise. Someone may come along in time and prove different. If you got time to wait then I would sit and wait it out. Who knows an 8.4 might out do the 6.6 LX but where is the proof. Haven't seen any proof yet for the electro weenies :D:D.