Mytee LTD 5 or Mytee's New Dual Vac LX Booster with Pumpout and 1,200 PSI Water Hog? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Mytee LTD 5 or Mytee's New Dual Vac LX Booster with Pumpout and 1,200 PSI Water Hog?

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
New Member here, gotta say, wonderful people on this site.
I`m in the process of opening my carpet business. Trying to decide on what equipment would serve me best. . I live in an area on the Gulf Coast with all the deluxe homes, vacation rentals and high rises. I want to offer my customers the very best job they can get and to do this I need to start with the best equipment for my task. I want to service carpet, travertine and or tile floors, and upholstery. I want the fastest drying times possible from a portable. Several ways to go.
Mytee LTD5 with Hot Turbo and Water Otter.
This would be fastest, easiest set up I think. Most work done with the LTD5.
Mytee Air Hog, Water Hog, and Hot Turbo.
ETM in the unit. Most Air and Lift. 2 smaller units used most the time
Jaguar 8.4, Hot Turbo, and Water Otter.
Most Expensive, reviewers report very little difference between 8.4 and LTD5.
I would like some honest advice. Thanks in advance.

For versatility I'd suggest getting the Mytee Air Hog with dual LX motors and the Mytee 7304 Water Hog for pressure which goes to 1,200 psi. Then you can move your equipment around with ease and have plenty of suction and pressure for not only carter but tile grout as well. If you have any money left over get yourself a Mytee T Rex rotary too.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
For versatility I'd suggest getting the Mytee Air Hog with dual LX motors and the Mytee 7304 Water Hog for pressure which goes to 1,200 psi. Then you can move your equipment around with ease and have plenty of suction and pressure for not only carter but tile grout as well. If you have any money left over get yourself a Mytee T Rex rotary too.
Johnny you seem to be a Mytee guy. Can the new air/water hog lx work well for upholstery too? Im hearing I may need lower pressure for upholstery and the water hog only goes down to 400psi? Am I missing something, sir?

Thank you.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Johnny you seem to be a Mytee guy. Can the new air/water hog lx work well for upholstery too? Im hearing I may need lower pressure for upholstery and the water hog only goes down to 400psi? Am I missing something, sir?

Thank you.
400psi seems high to me for upholstery, but what you can do is put a on/off valve to your solution line and adjust that water flow to your liking. But full 400 psi blast is alot.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
400psi seems high to me for upholstery, but what you can do is put a on/off valve to your solution line and adjust that water flow to your liking. But full 400 psi blast is alot.
The Mytee Dry upholstery tool has a flow valve that helps to control pressure as well as a ball shut off valve that can be partially closed to lower pressure and flow.

Reactions: Fedri and Ymetimme

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Your ball valve on your solution line can work wonders, watch for it to change if you drag it slong the floor though. With a hydry tool like most upholstery tools use can adjust the flow and retain high pressure without the impact. I have a 20 yr old 90° hydry tool that the jet is completely blown out and flows crazy high as needed with only the ball valve to keep it in check, it's an awesome tool to have onboard when needed.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
The Mytee Dry upholstery tool has a flow valve that helps to control pressure as well as a ball shut off valve that can be partially closed to lower pressure and flow.
There you go @Select that's your solution right there. Just adjust your flow with the flow control then you should be fine with cleaning upholstery.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

Thank you.

It depends on what type of upholstery tool you use. I run my upholstery tool at 600 psi the same as when I'm cleaning carpet but I use the Drimaster Upholstery tool, the way it works the pressure doesn't do what "normal" jets on other upholstery tools and wands do. I believe Mytee has an upholstery tool that works in the same manner as well.

So with the right upholstery tool you'll have no worries cleaning with pressure at 400 psi or even 600 psi which I do all day everyday. Hope this helps.