Mytee LTD5 VS. Cross American Jaguar 8.4 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Mytee LTD5 VS. Cross American Jaguar 8.4

Gregory10

May 16, 2015
Rahway NJ
www.10bucksaroom.com
Real Name
Gregory Yunginger
Business Location
United States
New to the Biz..Trying to narrow down Portys..Looks like I got it down to the Mytee LTD5 or the Cross American Jaguar 8.4...
Need a good powerful Porty,that is Reliable,lightweight as possible,plenty of Suction and has a pump out...Originally I was going to go with a Rotovac package,maybe a CFX or Ranger Porty,but looks like theyre out now...
Any info on these 2 or others is appreciated !

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
Cfx, you got lucky. Stay away.

Lightweight and powerful portable, um sure.

Can't go wrong with both.
I used to have the mytee Ltd 5. Worked good but broke down quite a bit.

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
APO's are easy to add if you are handy at all.

To explain Steven's comment about 8.4s vs 5.7s

Mytee is using (2) three stage 5.7 inch diameter vacuums and the Cross American is using (2) 8.4 inch diameter 2 stage vacuums. In the porty section of this forum there are a lot of threads comparing different systems.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
There are some serious compromises with my setup that wouldn't be ideal for some of you. First and foremost I'm limited to 220 psi. It won't even make a tile spinner move...so that option is toast. The Lint Hog location has nice advantages but one huge one when it's mounted instead of ground level...it's a messy ordeal changing the filter if you wait too long. It's prone to drips when disconnecting the apo hose. It doesn't roll well over uneven surfaces due to the smallish wheels. The locking casters are useful and decent quality. It's top heavy and becomes a burden that you must pay attention to.
For my use it's great. It stays on the porch, no buckets necessary. It works well at 75 feet...I could probably make it work at 100 feet but I wouldn't feel good about it. It can always be used as a back up to a TM or a booster with apo. 1300 bucks are you kidding me? That's a lot of Bang for your buck...and all the other stuff you will need like hoses and tools are interchangeable. I honestly think Mytee missed the boat on the Airhog. They should issue major dealers one demo model and some training. Use them as rentals for guys with Truckmounts in Service...Why wouldn't a truckmount guy not like that?

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
The Air Hog is pretty light 80 lbs or so with dual vacs and apo but the handles are too high so lifting it into the back of a van or truck is a hassle if the deck height is too high. It should slide in nicely in my new to me transit connect . The 3 door design in the cargo area will allow proper ventilation for my Generator.
I'm removing the casters off the air hog and mounting it to this over the summer.
2015-05-13 10.42.48.jpg

Reactions: Fedri

DUBVEEZY

Dec 31, 2014
Phoenix
Real Name
Dub Harris
Business Location
United States
Not so sure the LTD5 is lightweight I use a 1005DX and I think it is lighter than the LTD5. I had issues in the beginning on two story jobs until I increased my hose length.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
whats better parallel or series

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
@StevenB how old is your airhog? I think mytee changed the motors in these to low amp motors. I was looking at them a little while back and Greg pointed that out to me.

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
There are some serious compromises with my setup that wouldn't be ideal for some of you. First and foremost I'm limited to 220 psi. It won't even make a tile spinner move...so that option is toast. The Lint Hog location has nice advantages but one huge one when it's mounted instead of ground level...it's a messy ordeal changing the filter if you wait too long. It's prone to drips when disconnecting the apo hose. It doesn't roll well over uneven surfaces due to the smallish wheels. The locking casters are useful and decent quality. It's top heavy and becomes a burden that you must pay attention to.
For my use it's great. It stays on the porch, no buckets necessary. It works well at 75 feet...I could probably make it work at 100 feet but I wouldn't feel good about it. It can always be used as a back up to a TM or a booster with apo. 1300 bucks are you kidding me? That's a lot of Bang for your buck...and all the other stuff you will need like hoses and tools are interchangeable. I honestly think Mytee missed the boat on the Airhog. They should issue major dealers one demo model and some training. Use them as rentals for guys with Truckmounts in Service...Why wouldn't a truckmount guy not like that?

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
Hi Steven,

I put a shutoff valve on the front jose connector on the pumpout. Turn it off, no leaks when disconnecting the hose. I wrapped the pumpout filter in the filter media for room air vent registers, held on with two rubber bands. It effectively doubles the surface area so I can clean a filthy carpet and not plug the pumpout. I inserted a piece of 2" pic with a right angle ell aimed towards the outside wall into the back of the lint hog to mitigate foaming issues. When done for the job, I lean the AHP on its hind wheels and open the bottom port to dump the water
( usually on the lawn). I flush the pumpout for about three minutes with fresh water after every job. No downtime or issues in 2.5 years....

I'm thinking about buying a longer piece of axle material, four metal collars with set screws and widening the rear wheels stance by about 3"....

Last edited:
Reactions: StevenB.

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
I'm using the low amp motors but thinking about going to the higher performance ones once I get the Generator mounted.
Mine is the first AHP in series with the high performance 3 stage motors.....two cords, not low amp.....around 160 cfm but will attain 16.5" lift. I have used it with the Waterbox cleaning at Duckhorn, Mondavi, Paraduxx, Hall Rutherford, Odessa, wineries.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
I'm really excited about my cart. I have a nephew that does metal fabrication that will help me dress it up and add supports and brackets. I hope to attach some utility features to it that should make it easier to setup and breakdown. I already have the generator. I should have a transit connect in a week or two. I should only need one cord for my heater inside the home.

Attachments

Reactions: keep it clean