Mytee LX Vac Motors

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Installed 2 in series in my Scooter today and my first impression is WOW! Cfm's are impressive for series and believe it or not there is an increase in cfm's when both are on (the 225-250 cfm now seems very probable after using them). Lift is 13" Hg at the machine and 12.5 Hg at 50' of 2". I have 8 portable jobs scheduled this coming week, so I will get some time on them, but I already know that they kickass! My small footprint Scooter is now on par with an Escape in the vacuum department.
20180113_164439.jpg

vibra vacster

Jan 9, 2013
Chicagoland Area
Real Name
Brian K.
Installed 2 in series in my Scooter today and my first impression is WOW! Cfm's are impressive for series and believe it or not there is an increase in cfm's when both are on (the 225-250 cfm now seems very probable after using them). Lift is 13" Hg at the machine and 12.5 Hg at 50' of 2". I have 8 portable jobs scheduled this coming week, so I will get some time on them, but I already know that they kickass! My small footprint Scooter is now on par with an Escape in the vacuum department.View attachment 74901
Impressive indeed Jim! I think ill be ordering a couple to play around with myself.
Vac motor technology keeps getting better and better and these kinda specs are proof of that fact indeed! Thanks for the test Jim! Did you also test each motor independently for lift and cfm specs? Im curious to know if they are the same as printed specs show for them.

50ft max is all i would ever run with my porty being i keep it true porty style, and i usually run less than that.

I do like Namco's Scooters upright aluminum design, just wish they had a solution tank on the back!

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Impressive indeed Jim! I think ill be ordering a couple to play around with myself.
Vac motor technology keeps getting better and better and these kinda specs are proof of that fact indeed! Thanks for the test Jim! Did you also test each motor independently for lift and cfm specs? Im curious to know if they are the same as printed specs show for them.

50ft max is all i would ever run with my porty being i keep it true porty style, and i usually run less than that.

I do like Namco's Scooters upright aluminum design, just wish they had a solution tank on the back!
I did measure 8 Hg running one vac. I also ran one vac on a 15 amp circuit and it didn't trip. I don't have a working anemometer, so I don't know those numbers.

I hook up my incoming hot water directly to the pump, I get a slight pressure and flow boost pressure feeding it and a 10° temp increase to the floor, so I don't run a solution tank on my rig. When I add another 220 pump in parallel, I'm redoing my current chemical injection setup.

vibra vacster

Jan 9, 2013
Chicagoland Area
Real Name
Brian K.
I did measure 8 Hg running one vac. I also ran one vac on a 15 amp circuit and it didn't trip. I don't have a working anemometer, so I don't know those numbers.

I hook up my incoming hot water directly to the pump, I get a slight pressure and flow boost pressure feeding it and a 10° temp increase to the floor, so I don't run a solution tank on my rig. When I add another 220 pump in parallel, I'm redoing my current chemical injection setup.
8hg from a single vac motor is decent if the cfm is good.

Yes pressure feeding will show a slight temp increase as well as a slight psi boost, but i still like a solution tank on my units.

2 220psi pumptecs in parallel? Hmmm can you eloborate on this a bit more?, thats got me quite curious.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
8hg from a single vac motor is decent if the cfm is good.

Yes pressure feeding will show a slight temp increase as well as a slight psi boost, but i still like a solution tank on my units.

2 220psi pumptecs in parallel? Hmmm can you eloborate on this a bit more?, thats got me quite curious.
I am going to use 2 aquatec 220 psi pumps (170° capable) in parallel to increase flow to the wand without the weight and amp draw of ½ hp 1.5 gpm pumptec that can't use water over 140°. I am going to have to guinea pig it and figure it all out for carpet cleaning... industrial situations use parallel pumps with outstanding results why shouldn't we?

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Installed 2 in series in my Scooter today and my first impression is WOW! Cfm's are impressive for series and believe it or not there is an increase in cfm's when both are on (the 225-250 cfm now seems very probable after using them). Lift is 13" Hg at the machine and 12.5 Hg at 50' of 2". I have 8 portable jobs scheduled this coming week, so I will get some time on them, but I already know that they kickass! My small footprint Scooter is now on par with an Escape in the vacuum department.View attachment 74901
Jim, when you get chance, can you run numbers with a 150' vacuum hose ? Would lift be somewhat comparable with an Escape 4 vacs(5.7) on the long run without using the booster ?
In the recent weeks( sub temperatures in the Midwest) I was forced to use my portable( older Speedster , dual 3stage, 0-500psi). On 25' of 2" vac hose and 2" tube , 6 jet, results were very good. I didn't dare to go to longer lengths only because of very soiled carpet.
I'm intrigued by your results, it would mean that manufacturer's statement of reaching over 400 Cfm with use of booster should be achievable.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
So, what would happen, If I were to install 4 vacs 230V, 6.6"- 139 cfm sealed, under 7.5 amp each, providing I would be able to fit all in an existing shell of Escape? Would recovery tank implode? I don't think so, but can it be? Lower price, $140 compare to $189, lower amps 7.4 compare to 15, makes me think that I can improve performance of my Escape without of hassle of booster. The only hassle would be getting 12 new placements for bolts( 6 welds on top wall , 6 in rotomolded body). Am I simplifying the process?

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
So, what would happen, If I were to install 4 vacs 230V, 6.6"- 139 cfm sealed, under 7.5 amp each, providing I would be able to fit all in an existing shell of Escape? Would recovery tank implode? I don't think so, but can it be? Lower price, $140 compare to $189, lower amps 7.4 compare to 15, makes me think that I can improve performance of my Escape without of hassle of booster. The only hassle would be getting 12 new placements for bolts( 6 welds on top wall , 6 in rotomolded body). Am I simplifying the process?
Your waste tank wouldn't implode. if you install those LX vacs in series parallel 4 motors total. you would see great lift like he says but almost twice the cfm. you might hit around 400-450 cfm or so with 4 of those motors. you wouldn't need a booster either.

vibra vacster

Jan 9, 2013
Chicagoland Area
Real Name
Brian K.
I am going to use 2 aquatec 220 psi pumps (170° capable) in parallel to increase flow to the wand without the weight and amp draw of ½ hp 1.5 gpm pumptec that can't use water over 140°. I am going to have to guinea pig it and figure it all out for carpet cleaning... industrial situations use parallel pumps with outstanding results why shouldn't we?
Interesting indeed, and yes i meant to say 220psi Aquatec's not Pumptec's

I have a 220psi Aquatec DDP 5800 series 58-ELK-220 ive been using in one of my portys for a while and its nice.

Wonder how running 2 in parallel would turn out with the psi as well as flow rate produced.
Will you use 2 inline check valves from each pumps output before you use a Tee to connect them before the quick connect? Amp draw of each pump is only slightly over 1amp so this may prove to be an efficient setup if all works out as planned.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The psi should remain steady and the flow should increase to above 2gpm. As far as check valves it depends on the last step chemical injector(s) I go with, may not have to have them with that arrangement. Breaking new ground is going to have new challenges to solve. Somebody on here said I should just use a garden hose....

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
The psi should remain steady and the flow should increase to above 2gpm. As far as check valves it depends on the last step chemical injector(s) I go with, may not have to have them with that arrangement. Breaking new ground is going to have new challenges to solve. Somebody on here said I should just use a garden hose....
Hey Jim, can you get some operating lift numbers while cleaning carpet? would that be possible? those new vacuum motors would be so powerful with 4 of them in a machine series parallel. but i have heard that just two of them in series alone is alot of suction. let us know what you think when you test them out in the field.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Hey Jim, can you get some operating lift numbers while cleaning carpet? would that be possible? those new vacuum motors would be so powerful with 4 of them in a machine series parallel. but i have heard that just two of them in series alone is alot of suction. let us know what you think when you test them out in the field.
I will have some operating lift numbers this week and will use it with 25-100' of hose. Four in series parallel would be incredible IMO, two are very impressive. I will keep you posted for sure.

Reactions: vibra vacster

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Your not believe this, I am struggling with it still. I just tested the moving operating lift of the LX's in series and my CDS with a 100' of continuous 2" hose with a 14" Westpak 2" wand.

2 LX's 4.3" Hg
4.7 CDS 4.7" Hg

Plenty of airflow at 100'... so much the wand whistles strong with the LX's. More than enough cfm's that booster vacs are not even necessary at that length IMO. Mytee did their homework on these.

@175'
2 LX's 3.1"Hg
4.7 CDS 3.3"Hg

I would not hesitate to clean at 175' with just 2 LX motors in series. The airflow dropped off, but not enough that I thought it was underperforming. Overall, I'm very impressed.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Jim also if you have the chance see if one vac motor and a pump does not trip a 15amp breaker. This is very important on operational purposes.

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
Your not believe this, I am struggling with it still. I just tested the moving operating lift of the LX's in series and my CDS with a 100' of continuous 2" hose with a 14" Westpak 2" wand.

2 LX's 4.3" Hg
4.7 CDS 4.7" Hg

Plenty of airflow at 100'... so much the wand whistles strong with the LX's. More than enough cfm's that booster vacs are not even necessary at that length IMO. Mytee did their homework on these.

@175'
2 LX's 3.1"Hg
4.7 CDS 3.3"Hg

I would not hesitate to clean at 175' with just 2 LX motors in series. The airflow dropped off, but not enough that I thought it was underperforming. Overall, I'm very impressed.
wow that is awesome! i think when people start understanding that operating lift is what is important. not the sealed vacuum and open airflow alone. that is crazy that the numbers are so close to your 4.7 cds truckmount. crazy is all i can say. how does the wand feel on the carpet? lock down pretty good? how does the wand feel on the carpet compared to your cds?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

2 LX's 4.3" Hg
4.7 CDS 4.7" Hg

@175'
2 LX's 3.1"Hg
4.7 CDS 3.3"Hg

It sure is impressive results by the new 6.6 vac motors. Do you know the hg for the 5.7s? or the regular 6.6s?

Reactions: Qwikdry

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Also please test it and see the vac motor and the pump at what psi the breaker will trip.
I will try to get you an idea of this in the coming week, this particular Scooter is using an aquatec 220 pump. I'll have to use my other Scooter with the 207 and try it.
wow that is awesome! i think when people start understanding that operating lift is what is important. not the sealed vacuum and open airflow alone. that is crazy that the numbers are so close to your 4.7 cds truckmount. crazy is all i can say. how does the wand feel on the carpet? lock down pretty good? how does the wand feel on the carpet compared to your cds?
I agree that pure lift and cfm numbers don't actually tell the story. To be honest I couldn't tell the difference between feel or sound at 100'... at 175' I could tell by the sound, but the lift was there and it rose MUCH faster because of the 12 gallon waste tank vs 120 gallon waste tank (both were empty).

It sure is impressive results by the new 6.6 vac motors. Do you know the hg for the 5.7s? or the regular 6.6s?
If you look at my booster box build thread I have those numbers for different vacs in there.

Reactions: vibra vacster

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

2 LX's 4.3" Hg
4.7 CDS 4.7" Hg

@175'
2 LX's 3.1"Hg
4.7 CDS 3.3"Hg

I still think that cfm is more important than lift. If you have the chance please do the cfm test between the new vacs and your 4.7cds. Because cfm air flow is the thing that carries the water from the wand to the waist tank. Usually tms are much more stronger in cfm than any vac motors out there and this is what decides who wins.