John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
It would be nice to add a airhog to the exhaust and have my C/A booster as my just in case. But I check mytee everyday for their returns and they have had nada!
Better results putting the Air Hog closer to the wand. Not behind your porty. A lot are using the Air Hog as their main extractor. Very powerful.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Better results putting the Air Hog closer to the wand. Not behind your porty. A lot are using the Air Hog as their main extractor. Very powerful.
Like to find a refurb one, but every good refurb deal that gets posted on your site gets sold in no time! Lol

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Like to find a refurb one, but every good refurb deal that gets posted on your site gets sold in no time! Lol
Yes that is correct my friend, I bought that bentley wand for only $399 recently, almost half price. I am like a hawk on it almost every day. You got no time to think, just press that buy button as soon as you see it :). I am waiting for an lx extractor now, as soon as its available I will buy it but if the deal is good.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
It would be nice to add a airhog to the exhaust and have my C/A booster as my just in case. But I check mytee everyday for their returns and they have had nada!
Here is my set up, just recently this is what I am doing and I am getting excellent air flow. I have a mytee 1005dx, I have the 3 stage hp vacs in parallel(I tried the lx vac motors by the help of Frank but some things didn't work out, its a long story), currently I am running 1 vac motor from the 1005 that sits in the van and I take my booster right to the door and run that one as the second vac motor and this is amazing water recovery. However this is only on homes that I can find 2 easy separate lines, if there is more then 3 lines easily that can be found then I will turn on all the 3 vacs on for more power. The way I found out about this is when I had one vac burnt out during the job and I just plugged the exhaust of the bad motor so it does not leak any air and turned on the air hog and the one vac motor and noticed the difference.

By the way this vid is old

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Yes that is correct my friend, I bought that bentley wand for only $399 recently, almost half price. I am like a hawk on it almost every day. You got no time to think, just press that buy button as soon as you see it :). I am waiting for an lx extractor now, as soon as its available I will buy it but if the deal is good.
Too funny, that Bentley I was going to buy but I was waiting here to see if it would of ran on my porty with 5jets! Lol I went back to the site to buy it and it was gone lol

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Here is my set up, just recently this is what I am doing and I am getting excellent air flow. I have a mytee 1005dx, I have the 3 stage hp vacs in parallel(I tried the lx vac motors by the help of Frank but some things didn't work out, its a long story), currently I am running 1 vac motor from the 1005 that sits in the van and I take my booster right to the door and run that one as the second vac motor and this is amazing water recovery. However this is only on homes that I can find 2 easy separate lines, if there is more then 3 lines easily that can be found then I will turn on all the 3 vacs on for more power. The way I found out about this is when I had one vac burnt out during the job and I just plugged the exhaust of the bad motor so it does not leak any air and turned on the air hog and the one vac motor and noticed the difference.

By the way this vid is old

Excellent. Thanks for the ideas. The Airhog is a nice piece of equipment for sure. I’ll be running a generator to fire up all my equipment on the van. I always bring 10g cords that will help if I want to run them to the house.
For now I think I’ll use my Cross America booster as a exhaust booster. One day if I can snatch up a air hog I’ll have that as a option at the wand.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
The other reason I’d have the C/A booster on the exhaust and if I buy a Airhog at the want is it would be sweet to have a APO

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
The other reason I’d have the C/A booster on the exhaust and if I buy a Airhog at the want is it would be sweet to have a APO
Yes the apo is a backup for me on my airhog, I use the apo on my 1005dx which I have custom installed it. However having the apo up front rather then at the back extractor will give better air flow. Also I have the old 1 vac airhog which has the filter built in to it, I am also enjoying that built in filter rather then setting up a separate one. The reason I love the mytee extractors is that the exhaust have the mytee connections where I can plug one of their standard plugs and use it with one vac motor at times where I can't find the 2nd line or if one vac is down. Also not to mention how well they are built, also the way the vac motors are placed where the vac motors are sucking directly from the waist tank that avoids elbows, hoses or manifolds are all reduces the air flow.

Allred

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
Fedri, you will get the most accurate injection and throughput with your pump putting the injector upstream. Downstream you will have to choke your flow so hard to create the pressure drop needed it's not worth it.

If you allow the pump to feed itself and with the right size injector it will pull from both the injector and freshwater simultaneously without exemption. Your ratio can be altered from the bypass... possibly if it's routed to the freshwater tank. You can slow injection if needed by lengthening the chemical injection hose and by using a check valve foot strainer or a chemical flow meter. Trial and error with the right parts to start with helps. I recommend a J E ADAMS #7655 adjustable injector for the flow of your otter when used upstream.
Jim, without a flow meter how do you know if you are putting too much or too little chemical in? How do you know what the right size of injector is?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I simply adjust the flow valve until it pulls chems with the injector valve wide open. Then adjust the flow valve with a small dema tip in the foot check valve until I'm at 1 oz per 3.5 gallons of water. Lengthening the chemical in line if needed, will slow down the amount injected as well. You will always have the same injection once set with a on board solution tank style portable.

If you switch between pressure feeding the pump and drawing from a solution tank it's wildly different injection and has to be adjusted accordingly.

I don't have a flow meter because of possibilities of leaks, no real good spot for one and weight. On some portables it would be easy and practical to implement. I operate over hardwood floors all the time and zero leaks are important to me.

The JE Adam's #7655 is about perfect for all portable pumps.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
So the smaller LX motor is “more” powerful then the larger one I just took out?
Here are the stats on the motor you took out
12234-18 Vac Motor

Motor Type: Bypass

Discharge: Tangential

Bearings: Double Ball Bearing

Sealed Vacuum: 131.5 inches

Maximum Air Watts: 625

Maximum Air Flow: 138.8 CFM

Maximum Amp's: 14

Motor Speed: 29,331 RPM

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
So the smaller LX motor is “more” powerful then the larger one I just took out?
the LX motor stats
LX Vac Motor 710 AirWatts - 230 VAC

Highest Efficiency Vac Motor for Extractors

173 CFM at 2 inch orifice

113" Water Lift Sealed

2" Inlet and Outlet for maximum CFM

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Can I take the gray shroud from the non LX motor and install it on the LX motor? Because the LX sits so much more flush it won’t fit between my vac in/out lines.
That gray shroud is part of the vacuum Motors cage assembly it cannot be removed without destroying the vacuum motor. I would not recommend going that route. Go get yourself a PVC pipe cap drilling 2-inch hole in it and use it as a spacer make sure to use goop glue in order to seal it against the body of your extractor

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
That gray shroud is part of the vacuum Motors cage assembly it cannot be removed without destroying the vacuum motor. I would not recommend going that route. Go get yourself a PVC pipe cap drilling 2-inch hole in it and use it as a spacer make sure to use goop glue in order to seal it against the body of your extractor
Ok. I don’t mind engineering modifications! I thought the shroud just covered the fan part.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
This modification maybe more then I was asking for. The plate that was used to mount the motor on the hole is pretty small. I’m sure it’s correct for the non LX of course. It’s solid plate and the way it’s made even if I enlarge the hole the motor then will be offset from the original mounting holes. Wonder how much loss I’ll have. May not even be worth a motor swap.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
This modification maybe more then I was asking for. The plate that was used to mount the motor on the hole is pretty small. I’m sure it’s correct for the non LX of course. It’s solid plate and the way it’s made even if I enlarge the hole the motor then will be offset from the original mounting holes. Wonder how much loss I’ll have. May not even be worth a motor swap.
I can assure you it's not worth it you are gaining some cfm's but you are losing left. You are gaining a few are Watts which is a calculation determined by the manufacturer of the VAC motor. you will have to do quite a bit of modification to make work for very little gaining.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
By modifying only gained 85 Air Watts 34cfms and you lose 18 in of Water lift. I am involved in research and development as a diagnostician (troubleshooter) and I know without question that the ls works great in a series but will not perform as well as a standalone unit in comparison of the two-stage 6.6 air Watts that you have.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo