Mytee LX Vac Motors

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I do and it works great for me on the jag
Where do you put it? At the machine? Near the wand? That Edic Heater gets crazy hot for anyone who hasn’t used one yet. I’m really pleased with mine. I’d like the Mytee heater but it wouldn’t mount on my old porty.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Where do you put it? At the machine? Near the wand? That Edic Heater gets crazy hot for anyone who hasn’t used one yet. I’m really pleased with mine. I’d like the Mytee heater but it wouldn’t mount on my old porty.
I plugged it in by the machine. We mostly use it for when we have upholstery cleaning or on Commercial jobs where you have to bring the machine inside. I have a little giant heater and leave in the truck it gets insanely hot in comparison to what the edic does . But for an electric heater I've yet to find one that does better. One of my friends has a mytee heater and the edic out performs it by quite a bit.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I plugged it in by the machine. We mostly use it for when we have upholstery cleaning or on Commercial jobs where you have to bring the machine inside. I have a little giant heater and leave in the truck it gets insanely hot in comparison to what the edic does . But for an electric heater I've yet to find one that does better. One of my friends has a mytee heater and the edic out performs it by quite a bit.
Would it work if kept at the machine? But at the end of 100ft of line? Or would that just be too far for heat disappation

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Yeah before we had our little giant heater we would leave it out in the truck I never gave us any issues
Cool, yea a little giant is on the must have list..... but so is money in my bank lol

Reactions: Allred

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Cool, yea a little giant is on the must have list..... but so is money in my bank lol
Little Giant heater is definitely great. But if you're debating between it and something like more heat or a rotovac go rotovac all day. We use our rotovac 360 on pretty much every single job. Now the electric heater doesn't keep up if you hammer Outwater but if you put the handle go-between Strokes like you would with a wand it keeps up fine.
With the Little Giant you just hold the trigger down and keep going no matter what it puts up boiling hot water
In fact we use the rotovac all the time with our Jaguar cub which has a 6.6 two stage vacuum motor it recovers just fine and cleans great we use that little edci heater
We do have smaller Jets on a rotovac though so that it works is a good combo.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Yea the Edic can’t exactly keep up but your 100% right when I’ve been using it, off the jet, on the jet, then it keeps up fine. I just wondered at the end of 100’ if it would work, but cool I’ll give it a try when I get my machine. Hurricane Michael slowed down shipping on my new machine today.
A rotovac maybe down the road. Haven’t needed one yet. I do have a HydraMaster RDM I haven’t even tried out yet. While I know it’s not as good as a Rotovac it’s still a nice piece of equipment I haven’t even tested.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Yea the Edic can’t exactly keep up but your 100% right when I’ve been using it, off the jet, on the jet, then it keeps up fine. I just wondered at the end of 100’ if it would work, but cool I’ll give it a try when I get my machine. Hurricane Michael slowed down shipping on my new machine today.
A rotovac maybe down the road. Haven’t needed one yet. I do have a HydraMaster RDM I haven’t even tried out yet. While I know it’s not as good as a Rotovac it’s still a nice piece of equipment I haven’t even tested.
Rdm was a great machine I'm shocked that they discontinued it no it's not as good as a rotovac or a r x 20. But it did darn good. And it left carpet very dry.
I actually think the Electric heaters work better with longer run because that hose is all full of hot water giving it more time to heat up between Trigger activation. Yes the hose does have a cooling effect but it also holds hot water and is insulated so its not near as much loss as people claim especially as that hose gets hot.
Yes we work with electric heaters for years never really gave us any issues.
Once we got our little giant we had a bit of a learning curve it gets hotter with trigger Activation so the more water you run the hotter it gets.
So it's the opposite of running a heat exchanger or electric heater.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Rdm was a great machine I'm shocked that they discontinued it no it's not as good as a rotovac or a r x 20. But it did darn good. And it left carpet very dry.
I actually think the Electric heaters work better with longer run because that hose is all full of hot water giving it more time to heat up between Trigger activation. Yes the hose does have a cooling effect but it also holds hot water and is insulated so its not near as much loss as people claim especially as that hose gets hot.
Yes we work with electric heaters for years never really gave us any issues.
Once we got our little giant we had a bit of a learning curve it gets hotter with trigger Activation so the more water you run the hotter it gets.
So it's the opposite of running a heat exchanger or electric heater.
The fellow I bought the RDM told me he preferred a Rotovac, but without question the RDM was one of his favorites. It was $250 and he tossed in a second one for parts if needed. He is starting to slowly sell a bit of equipment as he’s been getting closer to retire. Same guy sold me my 175 in near mint shape. Weird he’s a forum member as I saw his TMF chemicals I asked him. But I’ve never seen him on here. Anyway when I get my 8.4 I’d like to try out the RDM. I just don’t like testing equipment on a actual clients carpet.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
The fellow I bought the RDM told me he preferred a Rotovac, but without question the RDM was one of his favorites. It was $250 and he tossed in a second one for parts if needed. He is starting to slowly sell a bit of equipment as he’s been getting closer to retire. Same guy sold me my 175 in near mint shape. Weird he’s a forum member as I saw his TMF chemicals I asked him. But I’ve never seen him on here. Anyway when I get my 8.4 I’d like to try out the RDM. I just don’t like testing equipment on a actual clients carpet.
Yeah that's for sure you don't want to test out equipment on customers homes I always end up at my sister's and Mom's house I get to work out bugs and they get free carpet cleaning.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Your on the right track, but the best advice I can give you is to not get too far ahead of yourself.

Setting up and operating an ETM on a daily basis is a very different animal than what you are likely used to.

Cold water, water hookups, longer hose runs, APO reliance, APO to where??, reliance on generator...etc.

Fook the RE, Fook the booster, Fook the heater.

Get the Jag and generator dialed in first, and establish and tweak your new ETM routine first before adding additional components.

In the beginning, the less the better.

Keep the system simple and focus on chemistry and agitation as your biggest equalizer.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Your on the right track, but the best advice I can give you is to not get too far ahead of yourself.

Setting up and operating an ETM on a daily basis is a very different animal than what you are likely used to.

Cold water, water hookups, longer hose runs, APO reliance, APO to where??, reliance on generator...etc.

Fook the RE, Fook the booster, Fook the heater.

Get the Jag and generator dialed in first, and establish and tweak your new ETM routine first before adding additional components.

In the beginning, the less the better.

Keep the system simple and focus on chemistry and agitation as your biggest equalizer.
Good advice. You don’t type too much but when you do I surely respect your advice.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
If I were you, I'd definitely get a rotary. It'll really up your game especially when running a portable. I've had a RV 360i, Mytee T Rex and an RX 20. The Mytee T Rex is the better and more versatile machine.

Reactions: Fedri

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
I was always always big on agitation still am, but i gotta say that since i got my mytee escape with the LX motors and the little giant heater, i find myself doing less agitation and doing just as good a job, the escape and of course the little giant heater never come off my van, 95% of my jobs are under 150 foot hose runs so i never even use a booster.

so there is something to be said of high heat. I will use agitation on the really bad ones still though just because i can as i have a 175, CRB, Orbot Vibe and a little oreck orbitor on hand if needed
When i do use agitation most of the time its the 15inch CRB as it's light and easy to pull of the van, sometimes the 175 is too much and too heavy and the little oreck is not enough and too small so the CRB is kinda the middle ground if ya know what I mean

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I know the heat vs no heat arguements I’ve read here. But I agree. Seems to me I’m extracting better using heat. Honestly I’m not bored enough to be at a clients house, turn on and turn off my heater and compare rinse water. But I’m convinced agitation, dwell times combined with heat equals a solid chance to get the carpet cleanest

Reactions: Ymetimme

Robert1958

Feb 19, 2015
Real Name
Robert Brown
How long is the breaking in period. As of now I don't see much difference then my 10 year old 1005 DX. I actually feel and hear the suction better with my old machine.

Robert1958

Feb 19, 2015
Real Name
Robert Brown
Generally, 16-24 hours. How do you have the motors configured, in series or parallel?
They are in series. They are in a fairly new 1005 LX, but the vac motors are brand new. Anyone buying the new 1005 LX, make sure the black rubber elbow is firmly attached, and pointing 90 degree toward the standpipe side. Mine came to me with the adhesive not holding the rubber elbow, and there was no instruction on where the elbow was to be positioned. I kept getting water going through the exhaust, causing the bearings to go out. Mytee said they wouldn't warranty the motors because of water damage, even though the adhesion to the rubber elbow was faulty. I have since put a hose clamp around the black elbow to keep it from moving. No more water passing through the standpipe, and exhaust port.