Mytee's new CRB $1,299 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Mytee's new CRB $1,299

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
So at ICE I saw Mytee's new 10" CRB. John LaBarbera told me that his Mytee CRB has two motors instead of one, and it's belt driven as opposed to gear driven which is what he told me causes most of the CRB failures. Plus the belt is only a few bucks and be replaced in a few minutes. He only has the 10" CRB at this time, but plans on putting out a bigger 17" one in the near future.
The best part is it's only $1,299. As I told John LaBarbera I wish I'd of known about this before I dropped $2k on my CRB. :(

IMG_2571.JPG
IMG_2575.JPG

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I talked to John too, I plan on getting a 17 inch when he releases them. He said they would be available mid-summer.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I talked to John too, I plan on getting a 17 inch when he releases them. He said they would be available mid-summer.

I'll probably get the 10" one for my rug shop and put the bigger 17" CRB I already have on the van.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

willoughby1

Dec 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Austin Willoughby
Business Location
United States
So at ICE I saw Mytee's new 10" CRB. John LaBarbera told me that his Mytee CRB has two motors instead of one, and it's belt driven as opposed to gear driven which is what he told me causes most of the CRB failures. Plus the belt is only a few bucks and be replaced in a few minutes. He only has the 10" CRB at this time, but plans on putting out a bigger 17" one in the near future.
The best part is it's only $1,299. As I told John LaBarbera I wish I'd of known about this before I dropped $2k on my CRB. :(

View attachment 75435View attachment 75436
What are the main benefits of having one? What scenarios would you use them over HWE I've read some on them and would like to get one at some point

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
I'm wondering if the motor will be sealed so it can be used in a rug pit. That's such a great benefit of owning a Brush Pro.

Reactions: Tater

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Looks like a chrome walker for the elderly.

mytee crb.jpg

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
What are the main benefits of having one? What scenarios would you use them over HWE I've read some on them and would like to get one at some point
It's lighter, it lifts the pile instead of smashing it, it removes hair better, it can be used for tile counters and it works great with an OP machine and bonnet for VLM cleaning.
2018-02-06 10.15.37.jpg
2017-12-12 08.43.10.jpg
2017-09-28 09.37.18.jpg
2017-07-31 08.57.35.jpg
1219170915.jpg
1219171119.jpg

Last edited:

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
If I had to name a single MUST-have piece of equipment, it'd be a CRB of some type, big or small. Their uses are so multiple and versatile, I can't imagine cleaning without one.

Reactions: Kyle8

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Does it have trays?

It looks like the Mytee doesn't have trays. Trays are a must have in my opinion. My first CRB was a Whittaker and it didn't have trays and it was a pain in the a** sucking up all of the globs it spit out.

Reactions: Allied and Fedri

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
All kidding aside many know I am a big fan and responsible for helping cleaners see the light about a CRB (Video below has over 25,000 views and on Facebook over 10,000). With that said here are a few things to consider when buying one;

1) Consider the warranty
2) Consider 15" being ideal size for weight & efficiency.
3) New products need time to prove reliability.

If it meets the criteria then by all means get one.

Reactions: Tater and Fedri

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I use CRBs in conjunction with HWE. Pre Scrubbing, great at picking up dog hair, use on stairs. I use them when washing rugs in my rug shop, and you can in a pinch encap with them or do Host cleaning with them. Very useful tool.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Does it have trays?

It looks like the Mytee doesn't have trays. Trays are a must have in my opinion. My first CRB was a Whittaker and it didn't have trays and it was a pain in the a** sucking up all of the globs it spit out.

Yes the Mytee CRB does come with trays. He just ran it without them.

Reactions: Kyle8 and Fedri

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
All kidding aside many know I am a big fan and responsible for helping cleaners see the light about a CRB (Video below has over 25,000 views and on Facebook over 10,000). With that said here are a few things to consider when buying one;

1) Consider the warranty
2) Consider 15" being ideal size for weight & efficiency.
3) New products need time to prove reliability.

If it meets the criteria then by all means get one.

Well I assume you're referring to Mytee's CRB, if so I've no worries at all about the warranty as Mytee has always backed up everything i ever purchased from them. Best customer service and warranty in the business.
I already have a larger CRB so I'm looking forward to the 10" one to augment my carpet cleaning arsenal.
I do agree on being cautious about new products. They only exception to that rule is if they come with a 1000% bullett proof warranty like Mytee provides. In that case I've no fear of a new product purchase.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Regardless of what CRB you get I highly recommend one. Also like relate some best feedback and comments I get back from cleaners is that a CRB and a Rotovac Bonzer are an unstoppable combination. Carpets are virtually dry clean and dry before leaving the home. Second most comments I get are that the *TMF Dang V3 wand and a CRB are awesome.

PS:We sell both the Bonzer and our own version of the *TMF swivel wand. Both come with the best guarantee in the industry. With over 5000 5 star reviews most agree.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
Regardless of what CRB you get I highly recommend one. Also like relate some best feedback and comments I get back from cleaners is that a CRB and a Rotovac Bonzer are an unstoppable combination. Carpets are virtually dry clean and dry before leaving the home. Second most comments I get are that the *TMF Dang V3 wand and a CRB are awesome.

PS:We sell both the Bonzer and our own version of the *TMF swivel wand. Both come with the best guarantee in the industry. With over 5000 5 star reviews most agree.

I've heard nothing but bad on the dang wands.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I've heard nothing but bad on the dang wands.
Yeah there are those with ulterior motives who try and change the narrative to be accepted by friends or to help friends make money. Yes, Tony has had problems developing a swivel wand. That is why I stopped carrying them. Then when he made the V3 he has sold many 1000's and has a had a few problems but overall most have been very happy with them. So don't be fooled.

Usually the problems are just because of shipping or fit and finish. I have gotten on him about that and he has stepped it up. Plus I am making my own swivel wand (sourcing many products from him) and will be offering it soon. This way I can control the consistency and integrate a few my own ideas. Other than that, Tony's non swivel wands have been pretty bullet proof. And even the older swivel ones Tony has stepped up and replaced each one.

With moving parts "ALL" will eventually have problems. Service is key. The Dang wand has a couple cool features no others have such as a locking head slide, the ability to disassemble the swivel without cutting it off and head design that dries carpet extremely fast. So maybe not perfect, but overall he has 1000's satisfied customers.