HomePro

May 25, 2015
Fort Collins, CO
www.gohomepro.biz
Real Name
Marc Johnson
Business Location
United States
I have a 95-99 Butler with the Mach II setting in a 93 Chevy G30 1-ton. I just got this unit and need some advice on a few things:

1. When I turn on the machine it reads about 700 rpm on the machine gauge and when I hit the Mach II switch nothing happens. What should idle RPM and Mach II RPM be? Why isnt Mach II switch working? How do you adjust the throttle control pods in the front of the van engine?

2. Pump is pulsating. Sometimes pump doesnt engage when I turn it on. I have to turn pump button to bottom position to trip the breaker, reset breaker in off position, then turn pump back on. Any ideas?

3. No heat. Made sure all valves are set correctly, there is anti-freeze in the engine and in the hose that goes to the heat exchanger. What else should I be checking?

Thanks,
Marc

suckitup48197

Aug 14, 2012
Real Name
aaron goldbach
1) speed selection.. Cap the hose after you engage mach ll. Might have to adjust vacuum pods under hood to make correct rpm, just turn nut in center of pod. The pods rarely need adjusting. Most of the time it's weak vacuum or stiff throttle cable. Spray Wd-40 down cable and work it a little bit. Replace vacuum line from blower to pods.

2) pulsating pressure... Could be nitrogen bladder needs recharged. Could be pressure regulator needs replaced or rebuilt, there is a ball inside regulator that can become out of round over time. If pump is not turning on check wiring and thermal sender unit wire.

3) no heat.... Make sure valve is closed that bypasses heat exchanger. Feel heat exchanger after van warms up, should be getting hot. If it is getting hot the bypass valve is open. Make sure heat exchanger don't have air in it.

RenuCTC

Sep 30, 2010
FL
Real Name
Raymond C. Caccamis
Business Location
United States
1. Butlers are designed to stay at idle after selecting mach 1 or mach 2 until you cap off the vacuum long enough to build pressure in the tank. This is good because you aren't wasting fuel while you finish preparing to clean. You can even prespray in idle mode.

2. Butler has a piston pump that is supposed to build pressure until the unloader kick in to circulation mode. When ever the pump reaches pressure it will sound like it turns off because it is in circulate mode until you start some flow again.

Hope this all helps

Reactions: ldavey777