New homeowners postcard

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Apr 15, 2009
OH
www.orioncleaning.com
Real Name
Nathan Zbarzh
Business Location
United States
I would like to set up new homeowners campaign in my area. What would be a good catch phrase for a post card? Something to interest them in carpet cleaning in their new house. Thanks, Nathan.

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
Remember to include a magnet. Most new homeowers won't have any cleaning for a year or two.

Your advertisment will be long gone by then.

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
For approaching this marketing target keep in mind that generally new homeowners are moving into a house that just had their carpets cleaned or replaced to facilitate the sale.

From my experience this can be a very tough way to market.

Kind of like the old selling ice to an Eskimo.

From my experience when a prospect wants to find a service (along with the internet)

They may do some of the following things:

-They ask a co-worker.

-Ask a member of a group or association they belong to.

-Ask a member of the health club they belong to.

These can be some areas you can use for marketing targets.

These targets can become great long term clients.

Because, they are not very price sensative (They were referred by a friend)

and since they talk to each other on a regular basis and you can easily create buzz at these locations.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Use the Joe Polish letters. They work great if you service high end areas. Send out letters offering 200 sf free. Then up sell other services and maintenance contracts.
Do you have a copy Robert of this letter?

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
Use the Joe Polish letters. They work great if you service high end areas. Send out letters offering 200 sf free. Then up sell other services and maintenance contracts.
This is my experience.
When I survey high end clients they tell me that they prefer to gain new services by referral only.

They don't want to let just anyone to come into their homes.

This is not to disparage just my observations throughout the years:

If the free cleaning shotgun approach works for you that's great!!

But,I wonder if anyone else that have seen the letters have the same opinion I have.

By the time the third letter comes around they are practically badgering the reader for not taking advantage of the offer.

Most people are too savvy to really think that they are going to get something for free,

(I know I get simular letters every once in a while and they go right into the trash.)

I think the marketing may turn off a lot of the recipients doing your business a disservice.

Every other year or so a company tries this approach in my area then they disappear the following year.

As a Note:
I was cleaning a whole house once except for one room.
A van pulled up they pulled out a portable.
I asked the homeowner what was going on. She said, "O' they are going to clean the free room."
six months later that company was gone.