New LX vac motor conversion kit | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New LX vac motor conversion kit

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Hi guys, before I begin, I want to make it clear that I am not comparing these new vac motors to the 8.4s or I am not making this as lx are better then 8.4s or disrespecting Ed Valentine's Jaguar. I have seen his machine in person and I think it is a great machine with high cfm and great solid build which has many pros then cons. Anyone looking for a machine with high cfm, I would still suggest the jaguar 8.4, his machine has its place in this industry, its just the way everyone looks at things. We need to respect everyone's hard work. My friend is running the jaguar 8.4 and he is happy with it with the fast drying times. If I have not bought the 1005dx couple of years ago I would have bought the Jaguar 8.4. But this is what I have now and I need to improve it the best it can be.

What I think about the new lx vacs in series so far is that at 135ft with a mytee filter the suction is more and decent then the 3 stage HP in parallel. The area rug that I showed on the vid dried up in an hour, it did not take more than an hour. I did pre sprayed it and then ran the wand with few wet passes and a couple of dry passes, great drying result and this is with 135ft. So far is it worth it to convert the mytee machine to these new lx vac motors the answer is absolutely yes. Another good reason to convert is that the lx vac motors ran on 15amp lines with 2 pumps (one is feeding my main pump) and an auto dump. The vac motors stayed on for about 45-50 min and it did not trip any breaker. More vids and picture to come.

Last edited:

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
do you have a fire suppression system in your van?

if you don't you should think about it soon!

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
do you have a fire suppression system in your van?

if you don't you should think about it soon!
Do you have a psychologist that can take a look at you at least for couple of sessions?

If you don't you should think about it soon!

Buddy I am doing this with the same set up for 5 years full time, leave me alone. Are you jelly?

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
Do you have a psychologist that can take a look at you at least for couple of sessions?

If you don't you should think about it soon!

Buddy I am doing this with the same set up for 5 years full time, leave me alone. Are you jelly?
Wow, it seemed like he was just trying to keep you safe bro!

• Love
Reactions: John LaBarbera

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Hi guys, before I begin, I want to make it clear that I am not comparing these new vac motors to the 8.4s or I am not making this as lx are better then 8.4s or disrespecting Ed Valentine's Jaguar. I have seen his machine in person and I think it is a great machine with high cfm and great solid build which has many pros then cons. Anyone looking for a machine with high cfm, I would still suggest the jaguar 8.4, his machine has its place in this industry, its just the way everyone looks at things. We need to respect everyone's hard work. My friend is running the jaguar 8.4 and he is happy with it with the fast drying times. If I have not bought the 1005dx couple of years ago I would have bought the Jaguar 8.4. But this is what I have now and I need to improve it the best it can be.

What I think about the new lx vacs in series so far is that at 135ft with a mytee filter the suction is more and decent then the 3 stage HP in parallel. The area rug that I showed on the vid dried up in an hour, it did not take more than an hour. I did pre sprayed it and then ran the wand with few wet passes and a couple of dry passes, great drying result and this is with 135ft. So far is it worth it to convert the mytee machine to these new lx vac motors the answer is absolutely yes. Another good reason to convert is that the lx vac motors ran on 15amp lines with 2 pumps (one is feeding my main pump) and an auto dump. The vac motors stayed on for about 45-50 min and it did not trip any breaker. More vids and picture to come.

You got the vac adapter from Goomer?

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
You got the vac adapter from Goomer?
Yes, and very happy with it. Today we had a very hot day exactly it was at 100f. Prior to this I made extra holes to the compartment so the vacs breath. I was worried about the second vac getting too hot. As my son was extracting I have checked the temperature every 5 min with my hand by putting close to the blowing exhost. I was able to hold my hand for about 8-10 seconds, and to be honost it didn't got hotter than that and later on I found out that these vac motors got cooling fans of their own and I also watched the steambrite video of the new airhog with the dual LX vac motors and didn't see any ventilation at all in the housing. So for tomorrow I am more confident.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
"Buddy I am doing this with the same set up for 5 years full time, leave me alone."

just because you have not had a fire yet with your Frankenmount does not mean one is not in your future,

Last edited:

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Yes, and very happy with it. Today we had a very hot day exactly it was at 100f. Prior to this I made extra holes to the compartment so the vacs breath. I was worried about the second vac getting too hot. As my son was extracting I have checked the temperature every 5 min with my hand by putting close to the blowing exhost. I was able to hold my hand for about 8-10 seconds, and to be honost it didn't got hotter than that and later on I found out that these vac motors got cooling fans of their own and I also watched the steambrite video of the new airhog with the dual LX vac motors and didn't see any ventilation at all in the housing. So for tomorrow I am more confident.
This is from Ametek 8.4"drawings.

8.4 vac cooling fan snip.JPG

The exhaust notation is not shown ion the 6.6" schematics, but they are the same design.

I confirmed airflow intake from the top of the 6.6" motors with a piece of flat paper.

You can even feel it with your hand.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
That's great news. I had a puller arrangement previously and when I installed that fan pushing air in I saw a significant decrease in temps.
I have only used the lx vac motors on 4 jobs and parked it in the garage till I receive the fan. I can't wait till tomorrow to use this bad boy machine. Also to mention that in the past I had the Goliath with quad 4 6.6, so in it's case I had 2 in series with only one cooling fan, and this worked great.

Attachments

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Once you break in those motors performance will increase. That's when you see the magic happen, you couldn't sell me a TM anymore after running them.
when did your vac motors break in? My average job is couple of hours and I have used it in 4 jobs, that is about 8 hours. I have ran the vac motors today after I have installed the fan and the performance was already outstanding. Do you think they have broken in?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Give them 16 hours at a minimum and check your lift numbers. When they climb you will be at peak performance. Then track hours and replace brushes well before needed for sustained performance. I'm going to bet that you have not ever had this kind of performance at the wand with a portable and are still in disbelief... I know I was.