New Rotovac clear hand tool reviews

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Hi guys,
Looking for a fancy pants upholstery tool. The new Rotovac with clear plastic looks really nice. Anyone using one that can comment on it? Happy with it? Sad with it? Would like to get a nice one!

Thank you!

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
the rotovac uph tool is solid so is the sapphire... stay far away from the mytee its trash

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I own the rotovac and have used the sapphire....The sapphire is a way better tool but he rotovac is not too bad if you are on a low budget.
The rotovac sheardry looks really nice And Rob gave it is seal of approval. Do i get anything more from the sapphire fornthe extra couple hundred dollars???

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
The rotovac sheardry looks really nice And Rob gave it is seal of approval. Do i get anything more from the sapphire fornthe extra couple hundred dollars???
I have the sapphire and I love it, I have not used the shear dry, but I do love the shape of the shear dry (sleeker). The sapphire should have been made the same way it’s (thicker), but I am sure the rotovac will not let you down.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I have the sapphire and I love it, I have not used the shear dry, but I do love the shape of the shear dry (sleeker). The sapphire should have been made the same way it’s (thicker), but I am sure the rotovac will not let you down.
Thanks! Yeah I think the sheardry will be plenty fine for me. I'm going to order one through Rob here. It should be a world of a difference compared to the basic unit I have that I have to turn down to 120 psi or it blows water everywhere!

The Magician

Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
Jimmy Nardella
I just received my sheardry. I was happy with it and the fabric was almost dry before I finished cleaning the couch. 2nd time cleaning was not too good. Couldnt adjust the flow. Looks like the connection to the jet is leaking. I will fix it and I think its a good tool> I used every tool but the Sapphire.

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I've been using my new sapphire for almost two months now and I love it. I was using a Drimaster 3 previously and it looks like trash compared to the sapphire. Worth the extra money. Plus if anyone uses Legend Points they sell them in the point shop.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
In my opinion you get less soaking with the Sapphire. With that said, once you get used to the Sheardry then you can use either effectively. I have found that the Rotovac is susceptible to clogging and that is especially true if you work on something loaded with cat hair.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
In my opinion you get less soaking with the Sapphire. With that said, once you get used to the Sheardry then you can use either effectively. I have found that the Rotovac is susceptible to clogging and that is especially true if you work on something loaded with cat hair.
Thank you Ken
So you prefer the sapphire???

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Thank you Ken
So you prefer the sapphire???
Yes, but I own the Rotovac because I didn't want to pay the price for the Sapphire. I am not saying the rotovac is a bad tool, it really isn't bad, but the Sapphire is better. However, I used the Rotovac today and before I left the job the first sofa I cleaned was almost dry. For the difference in price if you go with the Rotovac you will get a tool that is pretty decent and that cleans very well. The question then becomes, "Do I want to pay a good deal more to get marginally better drying." My answer to that was, "NO!" :D

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Yes, but I own the Rotovac because I didn't want to pay the price for the Sapphire. I am not saying the rotovac is a bad tool, it really isn't bad, but the Sapphire is better. However, I used the Rotovac today and before I left the job the first sofa I cleaned was almost dry. For the difference in price if you go with the Rotovac you will get a tool that is pretty decent and that cleans very well. The question then becomes, "Do I want to pay a good deal more to get marginally better drying." My answer to that was, "NO!" :D
Nice! The combination of the sprays and vac keep the sofas pretty dry it sounds like. Night and day over my old metal one with outside spray that shoots water all over the darn place!

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Again buy a PMF internal jet upholstery tool. Lasts forever and no clogging and no overspraying.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I'm interested in this topic too. I've been going between the mytee and rotovac and sapphire. I dont work as much as some of you, so it doesn't need to last me for thousands of jobs. Just want an effective tool for upholstery that cleans quickly.