New wand | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New wand

Frank7847

Feb 21, 2011
Real Name
Frank Fox
Business Location
United States
Hi all, look to buy a new wand. The one in the photo is my current one. Looking for recommendations, also considering a rotary machine for commercial work and rental properties. Very hard to make a decision when you can’t test them first. Regards. Frank

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Looks like you have a very similar wand that I am starting with. The basic stainless steel 2 jet wand with no sight..

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
As much as new wands are nice I somehow always end up back at my 2 jet stainless. My other 2 that I had good luck with for a wand are a prochem titanium 6 jet no glide and a pmf 5/6 jet (had both at the time) with the teflon glide

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
As much as new wands are nice I somehow always end up back at my 2 jet stainless. My other 2 that I had good luck with for a wand are a prochem titanium 6 jet no glide and a pmf 5/6 jet (had both at the time) with the teflon glide
Are you saying that you would use the Prochem titanium 6 jet and the pmf 5/6 over the stainless? But, the stainless over some others you have had? Why and why not?

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I would always go with the stainless personally. I prefer 1.5" wands over 2" just for hand comfort and the fact I have poor blood flow to my hands and the 1.5 lets me go a lot longer without stopping. When I used a 2" I would have to bend the trigger up and into a hook at the end so I could use it effectively.

The 1.5 stainless- Compact, easy to maneuver, and great for getting under bed edges and between walls and dressers. No center pin to break off or get a rat tail stuck on while you do a large job. Eventually it bends a bit and starts to close up in the middle but that can be easily fixed with a pry bar or big screwdriver. Also the jets are fewer and easier to clean

PMF- Very useful on commercial jobs. Wide (I think 14") head with a good glide, it just eats through commercial jobs as long as you have hot enough water. (Just noting that because it worked very differently on different TMs) Also the 5 jet eliminated the dead spot in the middle of the wand compared to the 6 jet 2 manifold ones.

Prochem titanium- Great wand, amazing suction, some of the best dry times ever. The down side is the extreme cost and the suction is sometimes a little too good, an easy couple room job might turn out to be more of a workout than expected with this one. I'm not sure if these can have glides added but it never had one when I was around to use it.

These are all just my opinions and may be affected by more factors but I hope this at least helps a little.

Reactions: Select

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Hi all, look to buy a new wand. The one in the photo is my current one. Looking for recommendations, also considering a rotary machine for commercial work and rental properties. Very hard to make a decision when you can’t test them first. Regards. Frank

That's pretty awkward position for a wand, especially if you want to protect end of the 1.5" tube, but I get it, you wanted to showcase it. Here's more ideas. You'd be very satisfied with the one in second picture, between 7-8 lbs, very sturdy, soft touch trigger ( indestructible) It's been in service for about 12 years ( everything original, minus ss jets). Have to admit I don't have idea who makes it.
Most everyone will recognize the one and only " Ergo", 6 jets, 2" tube all the way, titanium, 9.6 lbs. Ideal angle, hardy manifold, worth of 2 Bonzers( from craftsmanship point of view)
Enjoy!

Attachments