Non sticky color seal? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Non sticky color seal?

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
Ive always been against it but there are times it just makes since.. kinda. Anyways Ive noticed all the crap color seal jobs ive run into the paint is always sticky .. or tacky. Im sure most that do it use some latex paint or something.

Is there a color sealer that doesn't get sticky when dried?

What are all the cool kids using now days?

Just clean as normal then dry for a couple days, then lay it on with a aplicator bottle and bucket of water w/ a sponge ?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We’re doing a monster 10,000 sq ft color seal job this week. Will take all week. We had the client pick her color. Can you guess which one she went with?

IMG_9378.JPG

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I use colorseal pro.
Just clean the grout thoroughly and apply it same day.
I use an acid cleaner and either my TM with a turbo tool or for small jobs a steamer with a wire brush head and bucket of rinse water and a sponge to pick up the residue.
Color Seal has training videos on application process.
They have a sales demo kit with DVD too which I recommend getting.
Then you can contact any of the grout manufacturers and ask for a grout color stick set.
Custom for Home Depot, TEC for Lowe's and Mapei for Floor & Decor.
I have several others too but I use Custom for selling Color Seal.
Call Color Seal Pro and ask for contractor pricing.
I recommend getting the metal tip applicator and several chamois cloths that you cut into 1/4's.
The color seal bottles come with an applicator brush.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Modern stone makes the best color seal imo. Grout is similar to concrete in a way, so choose one with a concrete pigment/dye in it.

Most color seals are pretty much just paint.

You can dye concrete outdoors and it will last for many years in inclement weather. If your color sealing with a white you can actually add a white concrete pigment as well.

Reactions: OneBlueSummer