Oil leak | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Oil leak

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
So on my Blue Line Champ I've been having a oil leak and as advised cleaned it up located the leak which seemed to be coming from the head cover seals. Put new seals in, still leaks. Ok, maybe the valve cover heads are cracked. Put new valve cover heads on. Ya guessed it damn thing still leaks, why ??? Also from the looks of it seems as though it's a pretty bad leak from the puddle on the plate the engine sits on and also down on the floor where the pump sits. Is the pump leaking ? Is the pump notorious for leaking ???

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
I would keep an eye on the oil levels for the engine, pump, and blower and see which one is losing oil to find the culprit.

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
I would keep an eye on the oil levels for the engine, pump, and blower and see which one is losing oil to find the culprit.
Oil level don't drop much on the engine. Can you apply some kind of sealer to the valve seals ?

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
Put new gaskets on, still leaking so I'm wondering if I should put some kind of sealant down

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
If that doesn't work something else is leaking. I have worked on a couple of boxxer 421's that were leaking out of the head gaskets but I don't know if that is a problem on the Kohler engines

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
If that doesn't work something else is leaking. I have worked on a couple of boxxer 421's that were leaking out of the head gaskets but I don't know if that is a problem on the Kohler engines
Some guys claim it's a common issue

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
Take the valve covers off and clean the oil off the gaskets and then put a thin bead around both sides of the gasket. If it has studs that go through the top of the valve covers be sure to check the rubber grommets that seal those too.

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
Take the valve covers off and clean the oil off the gaskets and then put a thin bead around both sides of the gasket. If it has studs that go through the top of the valve covers be sure to check the rubber grommets that seal those too.
I'll put some pics up for you

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
Where could I expect to be leaking oil on the pump ?
look directly below it and on the bottom of the pump head, if it looks like it is leaking under the pump head then it probably needs an oil seal kit but since you would have it apart replacing the oil seals you would want to replace the low and high water seals while you have it apart.

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
look directly below it and on the bottom of the pump head, if it looks like it is leaking under the pump head then it probably needs an oil seal kit but since you would have it apart replacing the oil seals you would want to replace the low and high water seals while you have it apart.
Oh gosh you're scaring me how easy is that ? I can take shit apart but fixing and putting it back sometimes is a different story

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
easy peasy
6 or 8 allen head bolts and the head comes off, for the oil seals take the ceramic plungers off and the oil seals are in there

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
It's pretty easy, I believe rob Allen has a video on it

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
Oil sensors are on the engine itself. About a 3rd of the way up.
Easy to find as they have a wire coming out of them going towards the harness.
Run your finger around the bottom where it connects to the engine.
If you see oil, it needs to be replaced.
Have any pictures?