Oil leak | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Oil leak

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Best I found was this video. It's a small engine on a car but it gives you a good idea of what to look for and how simple they are to change.
Access is obviously much easier on a TM.

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
did you change the actual valve covers? if its plastic. they warp and will never seat right even with new gasket. they are pretty cheap to replace. if you ever want to check one. take it off and lat it on a table to see if its still flat on the side where gasket goes. been there done that. other common oil leaks. rear seal. there's a back plate that the shaft goes through. bolts are all the way around it..leak would be at the very bottom. This type of leak will only get worse. But really not to bad to fix. Not one you would want to let go for long. seal can start to dump oil rapidly.

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
did you change the actual valve covers? if its plastic. they warp and will never seat right even with new gasket. they are pretty cheap to replace. if you ever want to check one. take it off and lat it on a table to see if its still flat on the side where gasket goes. been there done that. other common oil leaks. rear seal. there's a back plate that the shaft goes through. bolts are all the way around it..leak would be at the very bottom. This type of leak will only get worse. But really not to bad to fix. Not one you would want to let go for long. seal can start to dump oil rapidly.
Yes, the plastic covers ? Yes I did. Cover seals as well.

Reactions: bob_rugratz

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
Do you have a local distributor? Interlink? I would take it to them.
Not local no. My biggest excuse for working on it is in the event it breaks down on the job hopefully I'll know enough to fix it on the spot

wuznmee

Jan 2, 2014
Real Name
Mike
So on my Blue Line Champ I've been having a oil leak and as advised cleaned it up located the leak which seemed to be coming from the head cover seals. Put new seals in, still leaks. Ok, maybe the valve cover heads are cracked. Put new valve cover heads on. Ya guessed it damn thing still leaks, why ??? Also from the looks of it seems as though it's a pretty bad leak from the puddle on the plate the engine sits on and also down on the floor where the pump sits. Is the pump leaking ? Is the pump notorious for leaking ???
You need to look at the oil pressure sending unit, top of motor, under and in back of the air cleaner assembly. Another thing I've found with the Kohler is aftermarket (Napa, Wix, etc.) oil filters leak, and... it's a hard leak to pinpoint. Try an actual Kohler oil filter and see if that solves your problem.

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
You need to look at the oil pressure sending unit, top of motor, under and in back of the air cleaner assembly. Another thing I've found with the Kohler is aftermarket (Napa, Wix, etc.) oil filters leak, and... it's a hard leak to pinpoint. Try an actual Kohler oil filter and see if that solves your problem.
Ok I'll check that out. Got a local kohler mechanic in my back yard I buy my oil and filters from him so I'm assuming the filter that I have on now is OEM