Business Location
United States
Jason,

I know you got into it with this guy earlier,

But,

His review is very accurate.

I will second his experiences.

NOT a tool I would recommend.

Very limited application. If you are trying to get into duct cleaning, you need a tool that can do the most houses possible. A tool that can handle different ducts and materials.
Makes it hard to advertise then get to half of your appointments and realize you can not do them because your tools will not allow it.

Just sayin.
I probably have cleaned more air ducts then 95% of the members on here but thanks.

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
4 hands, that why air duct cleaning is a 2 person job.
That is why I don't get in air duct cleaning. Two man job and I am just a owner/operator with no employees. How about dryer vent cleaning? Two man or can one do it? If so what do I need just a hose, ball valve and blaster ball? I already have a 20 gallon 120 psi air compressor

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
That is why I don't get in air duct cleaning. Two man job and I am just a owner/operator with no employees. How about dryer vent cleaning? Two man or can one do it? If so what do I need just a hose, ball valve and blaster ball? I already have a 20 gallon 120 psi air compressor
If the dryer vent goes out the roof you will also need to get up there, dryer vents are far easier for 1 person to do then air ducts.

Reactions: JD5150

mendo83

May 21, 2012
El Monte, California
Real Name
Oscar Mendo
Business Location
United States
I live in LA Ca and I use the system. It works and gets the job done. Just tell people it's a more affordable process and also safer then brushes or whips. I use a Stanley stand up compressor. I don't do many air duct jobs maybe 3-5 a month but bring about another grand a month. I also don't push it much either. I would like to hear who out there uses the rotovac duct system. And how it used.

Gregory Allen

Jul 4, 2013
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Its kinda lame if you ask me, not doing a very good job.
I definitely would never use one.

BUT if you cleaned the first time with negative air machine and then used that as a maintenance type like brent said.
I could go for that, be like encapping.
Oh please.... I have used the Ram Air system for about 18 months now, and have very good results. For the $1000 invested, plus around another $500 for a 200 PSI compressor, shop vac, and miscellaneous other tools, it has brought me about $35,000 in revenue over the past 18 months. It does very well indeed. In two specific cases: A 9 year old asthmatic child stopped having asthma attacks at night after we cleaned with this system (possibly saving his life).. and in another case, the 2 cats stopped sneezing regular due to the cleaner air in their home (true story). My clients have given us fantastic results on YELP, Google, and YP.com from using this system. I am a believer for sure.

Gregory Allen

Jul 4, 2013
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
If the dryer vent goes out the roof you will also need to get up there, dryer vents are far easier for 1 person to do then air ducts.
For dryer vents, buy the lint eater from Lowes, Sears, etc., for under $50. I use it all the time (easier than the Ram Air for dryer vents, and you can clean them from inside or outside the house. Much faster, cleaner, and gives a huge ROI. One man job, get between $120 - $250 per dryer vent all day long.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Oh please.... I have used the Ram Air system for about 18 months now, and have very good results. For the $1000 invested, plus around another $500 for a 200 PSI compressor, shop vac, and miscellaneous other tools, it has brought me about $35,000 in revenue over the past 18 months. It does very well indeed. In two specific cases: A 9 year old asthmatic child stopped having asthma attacks at night after we cleaned with this system (possibly saving his life).. and in another case, the 2 cats stopped sneezing regular due to the cleaner air in their home (true story). My clients have given us fantastic results on YELP, Google, and YP.com from using this system. I am a believer for sure.
Do you have a camera?
Probably not, so how do you know....

How do you clean the main trunk lines?

katycarpetcleaning

Premium VIP
Aug 6, 2012
Real Name
Randy Wagnon
Me or you?

BTW yes I did get into it with the guy that only came onto the forum to bash Ram Air, notice he never answered any questions and was here for one night only.
Well. You didn't get into it with me. I was just commenting on my experience. When I stated it takes four hands I was really referring to at the vent you are cleaning, and helper or not it is not usually feasible to have 2 guys on the ladder at one time.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Well. You didn't get into it with me. I was just commenting on my experience. When I stated it takes four hands I was really referring to at the vent you are cleaning, and helper or not it is not usually feasible to have 2 guys on the ladder at one time.
No it wasn't you.

Are you using the pole to hold the cover over the vent?

A1CS

Feb 24, 2012
South Dakota
www.A-1CarpetService.com
Real Name
Harold Pastian
Business Location
United States
A1cs, I am curious to know if you read my post which is only directly above yours? I mention how I believe that Ram air can not work with wall mounted vents, and certainly is not intended for main lines also, and would like to know if I am incorrect. I mention how no one who otherwise claims to use and to like the product will address this question. You are yet another example it would seem. Your response is simply 5 stars. Why does absolutely everyone hide from this question? What's the mystery? I understand why Dave the designer would hide from a question that would only serve to expose the ridiculous nature of the product, but what is the motivation of everyone else to either hide from the question or go ahead and school me? Make me apologize and eat crow and all of that.
Sorry for the delay in responding,

I doubt that anyone is "hiding" from the "wall mount" issue, but possibly ignoring it. It does not matter where the vent is mounted on a wall high or low. Very simple.

I have combined the RamAir with the Viper system. I regularly push tools into the supply and return mains from the vents and remove pounds of debris and dust. In the attached picture look at this plenum near the filter, there is maybe 4" of dust from a couple of returns.

20141016_105925.jpg

Here is one point I would like to make specifically for you. Duct cleaning is just like carpet cleaning, in that if you promise to remove 100% of the soil in one cleaning, you are a fool.

I don't think it matters much what equipment you use if you are a conscientious operator and want to do a great job.

brentnorman

Sep 6, 2013
Pine River, MN
www.optimumcleaning.net
Real Name
Brent Norman
I just did a job last week by myself. A bunch of vents in the ceiling that was probably 9-10' high. It's not hard with the Ram Air. One hand can easily hold the boot and vac hose and the other pull the air hose out. Even when I have a helper it's still done this way. It's just nice to have someone with to be a gopher.

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

katycarpetcleaning

Premium VIP
Aug 6, 2012
Real Name
Randy Wagnon
No it wasn't you.

Are you using the pole to hold the cover over the vent?
Yes. I have the pole but on tall ceilings, wall vents and returns you are
Looking at a real problem. Odd or oversize vents are another. Also, with a little use
Your vacation hose will wear enough to not want to stay in openings without holding it, especially on tall
Ceilings. Then you are trying to keep vacation hose in place and feed airline into vent, on a ladder. As
I stated, it would great for floor vents but overhead or wall vents are much easier with other methods.

Nov 5, 2013
extremecleancu.com
Real Name
Andrew Deem
Business Location
United States
My zip pole can go at an angle for those upper wall registers like the returns. If you get the ram air a zip pole makes it a one person job easily.

Reactions: tmillar
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Yes. I have the pole but on tall ceilings, wall vents and returns you are
Looking at a real problem. Odd or oversize vents are another. Also, with a little use
Your vacation hose will wear enough to not want to stay in openings without holding it, especially on tall
Ceilings. Then you are trying to keep vacation hose in place and feed airline into vent, on a ladder. As
I stated, it would great for floor vents but overhead or wall vents are much easier with other methods.
Maybe someone else that has the Ram Air will post how they do it. I have the spinning brush system that I use so it's a little different.

Aug 7, 2014
Real Name
Derrick Cavey
The only dumb question is one that is not answered, so you all can chuckle while reading this(if its dumb), so Her is the question.

Can I use my Mytee 5ltd portable with the ramair?

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
The only dumb question is one that is not answered, so you all can chuckle while reading this(if its dumb), so Her is the question.

Can I use my Mytee 5ltd portable with the ramair?
Im assuming that you can definately do dryer vents. But when it comes to vents i think the better your cfm is then the better you are off.

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Suction, you have to use a wider hose.