Paper vs Paperless vs All in 1 paperless Mobile App?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What are you using?

• Still using Paper

Votes: 58 59.8%
  • Paperless but using 2 apps for payment processing & invoicing

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • 100% Paperless with all in one mobile app

Votes: 17 17.5%

• Total voters

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
I'd like to get a poll going on here to see what is everyone using. Rob Allen (my father) business Allens DryNClean was using a paper for many years, then used service monster for years and then tried numerous other programs out there but none helped us make more money or manage it better for our business other than house call pro. Why is that? See comment below.

Why do we promote House call pro so much?

#1 The receptionist has stated the program is the most easiest and effective way to add in customers.

#2 Mobile app for each tech takes in payment processing with no dongle needed at the lowest % in the industry, next day deposit AND no monthly fees for processing. Every tech gets to see what the house looks like before arriving, it also send a TEXT message to the client notifying them the tech is on their way. Digital signatures is available AND photo attachments of what the job is now live for android and coming shortly for iPhone/iPad.

#3 Make more MONEY by sending out thank you OR reminder emails + post cards. This feature is one of the best period.

#4 Get MORE reviews by emailing your clients after the job completes, AUTOMATICALLY. We have proven this works!

#5 Owner can manage their entire business just by the mobile app now.

#6 It does everything service monster, invoice2go, quickbooks and MORE - House call pro does it ALL. So again why do we push it so much? Well its because TMF is the only place that can help your business get 30% off for life and I don’t know how much longer we can have this offer for you. www.tryhousecall.com/tmf

Jan 14, 2015
Tucson
Real Name
Ivan T
I know certain thing that work for one party won't work for another...but I can't imagine an instance where in our industry implementation of HouseCall Pro is a negative. It's literally the only all in one app and I love it for both my maid services and floorcare company.

Jul 22, 2015
Real Name
Daniel
For anyone who is interested, we operate a successful carpet cleaning company within Australia. Since moving to a CRM called Fleet Matics we have seen an increased amount of efficiency and this has given us the ability to grow comfortably. For anyone interested to know more just email: sales@carpetcleaningkings.com.au and I can give you some advice on what we do.

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
I'd like to get a poll going on here to see what is everyone using. Rob Allen (my father) business Allens DryNClean was using a paper for many years, then used service monster for years and then tried numerous other programs out there but none helped us make more money or manage it better for our business other than house call pro. Why is that? See comment below.

Why do we promote House call pro so much?

#1 The receptionist has stated the program is the most easiest and effective way to add in customers.

#2 Mobile app for each tech takes in payment processing with no dongle needed at the lowest % in the industry, next day deposit AND no monthly fees for processing. Every tech gets to see what the house looks like before arriving, it also send a TEXT message to the client notifying them the tech is on their way. Digital signatures is available AND photo attachments of what the job is now live for android and coming shortly for iPhone/iPad.

#3 Make more MONEY by sending out thank you OR reminder emails + post cards. This feature is one of the best period.

#4 Get MORE reviews by emailing your clients after the job completes, AUTOMATICALLY. We have proven this works!

#5 Owner can manage their entire business just by the mobile app now.

#6 It does everything service monster, invoice2go, quickbooks and MORE - House call pro does it ALL. So again why do we push it so much? Well its because TMF is the only place that can help your business get 30% off for life and I don’t know how much longer we can have this offer for you. www.tryhousecall.com/tmf
How does every tech get to see the house before they go? Are you going there to do estimates at every job and taking pictures or something?

Nov 5, 2015
Riverside, CA
Real Name
Kirk Anderson
Business Location
United States
Suprising to see how many ppl are still using paper! C'mon guys its 2015, paper is for dinosaurs. HCP is the way to go. My customers love it and I do too.

Wallace

Oct 7, 2015
Spokane, WA
Real Name
Wallace Dittrich
Business Location
United States
I use housecall pro and still use paper invoices. My customers prefer paper and so do I for tax records.

Hozimoto

Dec 14, 2015
Michigan
www.corporatecleanservices.com
Real Name
Travis Hozmer
I've been using the free portion of HouseCall Pro and feel they are missing something. One thing I would like to have is the ability to send my sales people out with a route schedule. Scheduling by distance and not by time. Has anyone else seen this problem or how do they deal with this type of thing. Efficiency wise I don't want my sales team driving all over the place wasting gas and time but rather has them on a scheduled route making sales presentations by closest address. Does that make sense?

Any info would be helpful!

Hoz

May 4, 2011
I use Housecall Pro and over all I love it, however since i'm a owner operator, I only need the basic package. The basic package though doesn't come with Quickbooks integration which I would like. To get QB integration with Housecall pro, you have to spend an extra $50 per month and get the multi employee package which I think is crazy. Square is coming out with their version of appointment app (it's already out for apple, but not yet for android). When they do I will be switching, because they offer a 30 per month package for up to 2 employees and QB integration is included. I already like having to swipe a card with Square better than Housecall and the money is in my account the next day. Don't have to wait 2 days like with HC Pro.

Marqezy

Nov 11, 2015
Real Name
David Marquez
I can't front, TMF put me on to HouseCall pros and I'm completely satisfied. Thank you TMF for bringing this company to my attention. I would recommend HCP to my peers in the industry. I still carry paper invoices for customers that request them but a majority prefer paperless. I like that I don't have to carry another device to make credit transactions. I'm only a 1 van owner operator though so maybe I haven't came across some of the cons that some have listed above.

May 4, 2011
I can't front, TMF put me on to HouseCall pros and I'm completely satisfied. Thank you TMF for bringing this company to my attention. I would recommend HCP to my peers in the industry. I still carry paper invoices for customers that request them but a majority prefer paperless. I like that I don't have to carry another device to make credit transactions. I'm only a 1 van owner operator though so maybe I haven't came across some of the cons that some have listed above.
How do you do your books at the end of the month? Or do you not use quickbooks

Marqezy

Nov 11, 2015
Real Name
David Marquez
I don't use QB but an additional $50 per month to integrate. Thanks for pointing that out. That is crazy. I'll look into Square cuz I do have the apple platform.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
I use Housecall Pro and over all I love it, however since i'm a owner operator, I only need the basic package. The basic package though doesn't come with Quickbooks integration which I would like. To get QB integration with Housecall pro, you have to spend an extra $50 per month and get the multi employee package which I think is crazy. Square is coming out with their version of appointment app (it's already out for apple, but not yet for android). When they do I will be switching, because they offer a 30 per month package for up to 2 employees and QB integration is included. I already like having to swipe a card with Square better than Housecall and the money is in my account the next day. Don't have to wait 2 days like with HC Pro.
The only reason you would need to integrate HCP with QB is just for the customers or? Why not just have your bank+cc synced up with QB to show profit/loss. Whatever gets deposited is profit, simple. We dont use the QB integration.

Oct 16, 2011
Texas
Real Name
Russell Grosjean
Business Location
United States
I've been using the free portion of HouseCall Pro and feel they are missing something. One thing I would like to have is the ability to send my sales people out with a route schedule. Scheduling by distance and not by time. Has anyone else seen this problem or how do they deal with this type of thing. Efficiency wise I don't want my sales team driving all over the place wasting gas and time but rather has them on a scheduled route making sales presentations by closest address. Does that make sense?

Any info would be helpful!

Hoz
Free Portion?

Sent from my SM-N920V using TMF Forums mobile app

Nov 1, 2016
Real Name
Anthony Almerigi
I started using HCP 6 months ago. I absolutely love it. Paper just sucks, my guys don't miss it but we still bring the clipboard in to look good. Even if the customer prefers paper (why? Idk) we enter everything into hcp. I can't believe I waited this long to make the switch- I'm just glad it's a good program.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I could not imagine going back to paper now.

BigSam

Jun 10, 2018
Real Name
Sam Thomas
We've been on HCP full-time for a week now. I tried to get the guys to do it last week, but when I came to the office Wednesday (I was out Tuesday for a funeral), I found that we were still printing invoices/run sheets.Since I already did the QBO integration, this resulted in a serious accounting headache. Friday before I left I disconnected the printer and put it in the back of my truck. There was some groaning Monday morning, but after a week without the safety net our techs are starting to buy in.

There are some other quirks and concerns with HCP, but overall I think everyone's getting the hang of it. The training videos are very good. The QBO integration is ok if you process a cc payment through HCP, but a bit of a pain if you have commercial clients on net-30 who send a check for 12 invoices at a time. It would be easier to just handle the accounting for those through QBO directly. I've figured out how to ease the pain on that a bit, but I still have to have the check in front of me after it hits the bank (thankfully, I use mobile deposit 99% of the time so each check appears on its own deposit item) to reconcile invoices. We're still working on building the process to make everything smooth and efficient, but we're getting there. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at our commercial accounts' buy-in for paperless invoicing. We'll see once the bills come due, I guess.