Parking lot cleaning

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Was asked to include a cost estimate for cleaning parking lots in a bid I'm doing for some convenience stores. They want swept monthly and power washed twice a year. I'm looking at sweepers and the cost isn't too bad, any recommendations though would be great. As far as power washing, I'm looking into the wide deck surface cleaners. Basically 20"+ spinners. What PSI can I hit the asphalt with? How should I handle parking lot lines being removed if its a concern at all. How do I price this kind of service? Should I worry about chemicals for cleaning or just use water.

justlife

Mar 1, 2014
Real Name
lavon lang
That is a hard one. I would Google pressure washing and hopefully someone can give you info on price as well as direction. I use to to clean bar patios, with a scrubber chemical and pure hot water once a month. I charged the $200 for the job

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
That is a hard one. I would Google pressure washing and hopefully someone can give you info on price as well as direction. I use to to clean bar patios, with a scrubber chemical and pure hot water once a month. I charged the $200 for the job
I made some calls today to some companies that run sweepers but all they do is sweep. They powerwash sidewalks but not whole parking lots (course most the lots they do are super markets so...). I'm thinking in terms of what to charge I might see if I can just do one location, see how long it takes and figure out pricing from there.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
How many square feet is the parking lot?
No idea, there are actually 5 locations and each is a different size lot. One only has about 10 parking stalls and the largest has probably 30 parking stalls. Plus there are the pumps (gas stations). I'll be out to start looking at them tomorrow.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
That's a very different business than what you are used to. I have ventured out like that a few times. If there are other companies that specialize in parking lot cleaning I would call them and get a price. Then you can either use them, or use their prices.

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
That's a very different business than what you are used to. I have ventured out like that a few times. If there are other companies that specialize in parking lot cleaning I would call them and get a price. Then you can either use them, or use their prices.

Agreed! I say hire them and get a kick back....or simply add it in the price. Either way he'll be making money while he sleeps.(y)

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Just realized this is an old thread. Need more coffee.
Lol! Time for the big mug!

We ended up not bidding parking lots. I bid tile and grout, carpets, windows, VCT strip and wax and restroom deep cleaning for 6 locations, then spent 4 months trying to get the guy to look at the bids and tell me what he wanted me to do. I ended up sending it to him twice because h lost the first email... I haven't talked to him since October. I might get a hold of him again this summer but I'm not holding my breath.

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Lol! Time for the big mug!

We ended up not bidding parking lots. I bid tile and grout, carpets, windows, VCT strip and wax and restroom deep cleaning for 6 locations, then spent 4 months trying to get the guy to look at the bids and tell me what he wanted me to do. I ended up sending it to him twice because h lost the first email... I haven't talked to him since October. I might get a hold of him again this summer but I'm not holding my breath.

Just poured my 2nd cup. (y) Maybe a slap in my face will help too.:p