PLEASE HELP! Prochem Legend Pulley Removal | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

PLEASE HELP! Prochem Legend Pulley Removal

esmo12

Feb 25, 2009
Hi, I have an older Prochem legend with a Kohler CH20 that has issues with the crank seals leaking. I need to get the pulley off of the crankshaft to change the oil seal. I have removed the outer pulley and behind that there is a hub and then the engine pulley. Does the hub and engine pulley get pulled seperately or all in one shot? The hub only has two threaded holes that a bolt can be threaded into for a puller and the way that they're spaced you can't pull evenly. There are 3 non threaded holes in the hub which behind them are threaded holes in the pulley itself. I tryed pulling the whole assembly from those three holes but it didn't seem to budge after applying quite a bit of force. I don't want to damage anything. Can anyone please tell me the proper way to get this off without damaging anything?
pulley.jpg

ASAP

Feb 1, 2011
Ca
Real Name
Pete DLP
Business Location
United States
Get a pulley puller for and crank it off.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Remove the 3 bolts from the non threaded holes that have the threads back behind (like you already have in the picture) and then put a bolt into each of the two threaded holes in the center bushing. You actually do not need a pulley puller, what you do is tighten down the 2 bolts and then keep alternating back and forth between those 2 bolts tightening down one then the other as hard as you can. You will only be able to move each bolt maybe a 1/4 turn at most each time you alternate back and forth. It may seem as if you are not doing anything but as you continue to tighten the bolts down it will pull the bushing out of the pulley and you will be able to remove both fairly easily. You may want to soak the pulley and shaft with WD-40 or something similar and let it soak for a while.

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Remove the two bolts and put them into the other two threaded holes on the hub. Tighten the bolts to push the pulley off of the bushing wala Need a video?

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Remove the 3 bolts from the non threaded holes that have the threads back behind (like you already have in the picture) and then put a bolt into each of the two threaded holes in the center bushing. You actually do not need a pulley puller, what you do is tighten down the 2 bolts and then keep alternating back and forth between those 2 bolts tightening down one then the other as hard as you can. You will only be able to move each bolt maybe a 1/4 turn at most each time you alternate back and forth. It may seem as if you are not doing anything but as you continue to tighten the bolts down it will pull the bushing out of the pulley and you will be able to remove both fairly easily. You may want to soak the pulley and shaft with WD-40 or something similar and let it soak for a while.
Beat me too it :)

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Kevin71

Oct 18, 2019
Real Name
Kevin shrable
How is the pulley reinstalled?