?? Portable Carpet Cleaners ?? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

?? Portable Carpet Cleaners ??

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
On your m5 how long of hose runs are you getting from the van?
I have 175' of 2" hose and have used it all once or twice. I also used a AirHog booster on these long runs. I assume your next question is going to be how long were the dry times.
To be honest, I do not know as I had a Studebaker AirPath fan that I left running on the carpet over night. It was all dry the next day but that was like 10 hours later.

Jeff Maietta

Happy Days!
Aug 15, 2012
Everywhere
Real Name
Geoff Maieta
Business Location
United States
What is the most you have used without the air hog? Just curious what I can get away with and still have good, or great results. Thanks!

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
Of course I use a CA Jaguar 6.6 with a Little Giant propane heater. I also have
2 auxillary tanks . On big jobs I will take the 65 gallon tank . On most jobs my
40 gallon tank works. Of course this is an ETM and I have two power boosters
one is the CA Power Booster 6.6 and the other is one that I built and I am in the process
of testing it out. So far just fine.
Using it as a portable I would likely hook it up to my Mytee Hot Box which would provide
some decent heat. I would likely just hook up my auto discharge but not the auto fill since
it does not have a chemical metering device . At least not yet! Still with a 16 gallon tank
I just don't have a problem with manually filling the tank. 16 gallons of cleaning solution
goes a long way. I would likely take in 75 to 100 feet of vacuum and solution hose. No need
to move any more than necessary. So far there has not been a job that I could not clean
without the Jag truckmounted. Mytee has some nice equipment and so does Steambrite.
I really like that Goliath 500 psi 4 2 stage machine. US Products just are too proud of their
equipment. Not going to pay $5000.00 for their portable.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
What is the most you have used without the air hog? Just curious what I can get away with and still have good, or great results. Thanks!
Sorry I didn't get back to your question till just now. I was out of town. I'm no expert on this, but I have no problem going out 100' and running a 360i with it as well, without a booster.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Also, JimSteam, Jan Sullins, Kennedy, EcoPro and quite a few others, have more experience in these longer hose runs off their porties then me. Maybe they can help answer your question.

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
I wish I could say that I have used a 360i but I haven't. I know what I can do with
a standard wand whether a 1 1/2 inch tube or a 1.75 inch by 12 wide . I have some expeience
using the same vacuum motors that come with the Mytee M5 in my Recoil XPS. I would not think there would be any
problem using 100 ft of 2 inch vacuum hose with the Rotovac 360i. Johnny has done so with
his Mytee M5 so that is good enough for me. I am sure he could go a little further than that
if necessary. For instance we may start out using 150 feet of vacuum hose but usually when
this is the case we within a short period of time can pull off a 50 ft section. Sometimes it is a
matter of slowing down when our vacuum systems are close to their limit. I suppose if one
is likely going to have to keep the 150 feet of vacuum hose for a larger part of the job one
can always add their power booster.

Jan
americankleenpro@cox.net