Portable Carpet Extractor With Highest Lift Ratings? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Portable Carpet Extractor With Highest Lift Ratings?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I use a 3' 1/4" hose from the Pump to the Little Giant and all 1/4" QDS no 3/8" QDs anywhere.. No adverse effect on the GPM.
I also went from 1/4" to 1/2" from my water tank to the pump. Simply doing this increased the GPM .Not double but very noticeable. Thanks JD
no way, this means all I need is to buy the 100 ft 3/8 and install it to my reel, I will call steambrite on monday and ask them the quality of that black hose for $88 just want to make sure it won't bleed on the wet carpet to leave marks. I have garden hose connections from the tank to the pumps, my 1/4 from the pumps to the heater is about 25ft on each side, if it requires then I can shorten them as well no problems.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I don't want to steer you away from what you want, but that black single wire hose is not for interior use. It's aggressive and marks up things, Neptune (Continental, same stuff) or similar inside a home is my recommendation.

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I don't want to steer you away from what you want, but that black single wire hose is not for interior use. It's aggressive and marks up things, Neptune (Continental, same stuff) or similar inside a home is my recommendation.
Ok thanks Jim, that is what I wanted to hear. I will look in to purchasing from Kims supply or other places. I searched from cobbs online but couldn't find anything there.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
no way, this means all I need is to buy the 100 ft 3/8 and install it to my reel, I will call steambrite on monday and ask them the quality of that black hose for $88 just want to make sure it won't bleed on the wet carpet to leave marks. I have garden hose connections from the tank to the pumps, my 1/4 from the pumps to the heater is about 25ft on each side, if it requires then I can shorten them as well no problems.
Keep in mind that I had a boost in GPM by simply replacing the restrictive 1/4" feed line with the 1/2" feed line to the Pumptec 207V/165 1/2 HP pump.

Reactions: Fedri

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
If jets are the only issue, new jets are only a few dollars each. John has posted some helpful information that should get you going.

Longer vac hoses are nice when they are the only option, but try to keep the runs as short as possible for maximum performance.
Actually its the jet bar design itself, under vacuum it gets pulled into the floor and smacks it while spinning at high speed. We took a chunk out of a slate floor one time not realizing how it happened, then happened again and left a nasty gouge in a ceramic floor

Also tore an upholstered chair with the mytee upholstery tool, I dont say these things just to be an asshole.