Portable Carpet Extractor With Highest Lift Ratings?

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
Its holding well...I'm not as worried now that its hit maybe 30 or so jobs...but def not a time saver as of yet...still kinda dialing in on cords setup and hose runs from job to job...just not use to running 100 feet ever without issues...I dont miss the olympus at all but it sure was easier to start a damn job

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
Today I bought 150 ft of blue 2 inch vac hose.. a hrdrosensor a mytee spinner a medium size water claw minus the bag 2 heavy duty remediation/asbestos masks and a mytee quick cuff for the 2 inch hoses for $166...today made me happier than I can put into words
20190417_104634.jpg

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
To the asshole that robbed my company of 4 machines plus every possible item he cud fit in my van...scrubbers hoses tools and all...god gives blessings to those who work hard and treat people right.. I'm 10x better now than before he pulled off his heist for sure

Reactions: Fedri

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
If jets are the only issue, new jets are only a few dollars each. John has posted some helpful information that should get you going.

Longer vac hoses are nice when they are the only option, but try to keep the runs as short as possible for maximum performance.

Reactions: Fedri and DrummerTW

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I finally got a few hundred feet of 2 inch vac hose today...I also bought this mytee spinner literally for $40...the jets suck ass and are barely spitting but for $40 bucks...do you guys know anything about this spinner much...I know its a mytee but I've never had used nor owned one...but I needed one obviously to link up to the water otter to start doing tile jobs.. so here I am
DRUMMER
I personally dont like the old generators...they are loud....bulky......

But these new inverter generators are a real deal maker.....

less than half the noise , half the weight , half the size?????
less than 60 decibal noise level, 100 lbs, 24 x 24....

https://www.harborfreight.com/3500-watt-super-quiet-inverter-generator-63584.html
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200660221_200660221

you can run 25 amps on 1 of these 3000 watt generator.....
my calculations you can run 2 of those vac cords on 1 generator....
each of those ZX vac motors start out at 14 amps...
but after starting cycle down to about 11-12 amps....
you will have to get an amp meter to test but it should work..

Reactions: DrummerTW

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Anderson, my own testing shows that if you attach all the hoses and the wand, with the wand engaged well on the floor, you have the least start up amps with vac motors. Sometimes 2 amps less per motor vs starting with no hose on the machine (since they draw the most amps with no load, yet spin at lower RPM). This is a big deal in a setting that has unknown small draw devices on the same breaker and can mean the difference between tripping a breaker or never having an issue.

When comparing my airflow and lift test results with others who have done the same exact tests, parallel motors lose on average 1 CFM per foot of 2" hose and series motors lose just ½ CFM. This does add up at the end of the day. Keep this in mind with your hotel TM booster project.

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Anderson, my own testing shows that if you attach all the hoses and the wand, with the wand engaged well on the floor, you have the least start up amps with vac motors. Sometimes 2 amps less per motor vs starting with no hose on the machine (since they draw the most amps with no load, yet spin at lower RPM). This is a big deal in a setting that has unknown small draw devices on the same breaker and can mean the difference between tripping a breaker or never having an issue.

When comparing my airflow and lift test results with others who have done the same exact tests, parallel motors lose on average 1 CFM per foot of 2" hose and series motors lose just ½ CFM. This does add up at the end of the day. Keep this in mind with your hotel TM booster project.
Great information thanks Jim.

With My LX vacs I am close to 15 hours now. Yesterday I felt that power, yesterday the longest run was 75ft and the carpet really felt dry, as I extract when I pull the wand off of the carpet I can hear that suction noise really pulling the crap out of the carpet. Much much superior to my 3 stage in parallel. No issues at all using it on a 15amp line, no tripping breakers nothing, works amazing. :D

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Great information thanks Jim.

With My LX vacs I am close to 15 hours now. Yesterday I felt that power, yesterday the longest run was 75ft and the carpet really felt dry, as I extract when I pull the wand off of the carpet I can hear that suction noise really pulling the crap out of the carpet. Much much superior to my 3 stage in parallel. No issues at all using it on a 15amp line, no tripping breakers nothing, works amazing. :D
I'm continually impressed with them, especially when bouncing between them and a TM on a daily basis. 35-50' hose runs with the portable are awesome and are hard to compare with anything else, the lift pins out so fast!

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I'm continually impressed with them, especially when bouncing between them and a TM on a daily basis. 35-50' hose runs with the portable are awesome and are hard to compare with anything else, the lift pins out so fast!
Yes very impressive vacs alright, also I don't think I would need the 3rd vac or a booster for residential because my average hose run is no longer then 140 ft of hose.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
The power is so great on these LX vacs I am not missing my booster at all which I have used it for the last few years. This year because of evolutionary vacs from mytee I decided to make a move to simplify my set up, I bought a mytee 1005lx, removed the cat pump out of there and added 2 smaller pumps to work in parallel to produce more water flow, now I have a powerful etm with only 2 cords, don't need to deal with the 3rd cord, don't need water Otter any more to complicate things in my van, one machine was the whole idea to simplify things and I am settled for a long time.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The power is so great on these LX vacs I am not missing my booster at all which I have used it for the last few years. This year because of evolutionary vacs from mytee I decided to make a move to simplify my set up, I bought a mytee 1005lx, removed the cat pump out of there and added 2 smaller pumps to work in parallel to produce more water flow, now I have a powerful etm with only 2 cords, don't need to deal with the 3rd cord, don't need water Otter any more to complicate things in my van, one machine was the whole idea to simplify things and I am settled for a long time.
I worked very hard on efficiency and high performance, with 3 cords I'm 150-160° at high flow, crushing it and love it. Less is more.

Reactions: Fedri and Ymetimme

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I worked very hard on efficiency and high performance, with 3 cords I'm 150-160° at high flow, crushing it and love it. Less is more.
great, I can't wait till I switch mine to 3/8 hose from 1/4. I checked the hoses yesterday on steambrite and it will cost me around $450 plus shipping plus brokerage fees to do the switch.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
what do you have the 3rd cord for? the pumps?
My 3rd cord is just for my in house built heat exchanger.

great, I can't wait till I switch mine to 3/8 hose from 1/4. I checked the hoses yesterday on steambrite and it will cost me around $450 plus shipping plus brokerage fees to do the switch.
I can get 3/8" Neptune from carwash suppliers for $65 per 50' section here, but have no idea what y'all pay to get things over the border. Kim Supply in the Midwest will even make up custom 3/8" hoses with 1/4" ends if you want them, good people to deal with.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

I can get 3/8" Neptune from carwash suppliers for $65 per 50' section here, but have no idea what y'all pay to get things over the border. Kim Supply in the Midwest will even make up custom 3/8" hoses with 1/4" ends if you want them, good people to deal with.
Steam brite has 100ft for around $80, but I need 2 8-10 ft from the 2 pumps to the splitter and I need another 8-10ft from the splitter to the lg heater, another one from lg heater to the reel, plus the 3/8 quick disconnects, I only have 1/4 quick disconnects.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

Steam brite has 100ft for around $80, but I need 2 8-10 ft from the 2 pumps to the splitter and I need another 8-10ft from the splitter to the lg heater, another one from lg heater to the reel, plus the 3/8 quick disconnects, I only have 1/4 quick disconnects.

Reactions: Jim Davisson