Portable Carpet Extractor With Highest Lift Ratings? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Portable Carpet Extractor With Highest Lift Ratings?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Jim I noticed that the flow that I have from those 2 pumps my vacs leave the carpet really dry, when I do a 5 sec knee test there's barely any wet spots on my knee, I have a 5 jetted and 4 jetted wands with 02 jets, I think there's more room to add higher flow by upgrading the 1/4 to 3/8.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
3/8" hose stores double the amount of already processed pressurized water, it's kind of a big deal for flow. For example a TM with everything else the same at 6 flow and 650 psi yields 1.5 GPM on a live 200' reel, with 3/8" hose it's 2.5 GPM.... Only the hose is the bottle neck in this case. Lower pressure systems like we use greatly benefit from larger hose for better efficiency.

Reactions: Fedri

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I've upgraded my wand twice from the jets manifolds to the valve, once from the 1/8" stock SS tubing to 1/4" Neptune and one more time to 3/8" copper tubing. Now I can get really high flow through the wand. I can use the ball valve on the solution line to reduce the flow easily if needed, it's pretty cool to have finger tip flow control as needed.

Reactions: DrummerTW and Fedri

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Anderson, my own testing shows that if you attach all the hoses and the wand, with the wand engaged well on the floor, you have the least start up amps with vac motors. Sometimes 2 amps less per motor vs starting with no hose on the machine (since they draw the most amps with no load, yet spin at lower RPM). This is a big deal in a setting that has unknown small draw devices on the same breaker and can mean the difference between tripping a breaker or never having an issue.

When comparing my airflow and lift test results with others who have done the same exact tests, parallel motors lose on average 1 CFM per foot of 2" hose and series motors lose just ½ CFM. This does add up at the end of the day. Keep this in mind with your hotel TM booster project.
Yea I figure i am gonna have to get my hands on them with an amp meter gage......

Could be 12-14 amps ....?????

Can someone give me a good lead on an economical but acurate amp meter???

I see these for 15-200$

Last edited:

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
great, I can't wait till I switch mine to 3/8 hose from 1/4. I checked the hoses yesterday on steambrite and it will cost me around $450 plus shipping plus brokerage fees to do the switch.
100' of 3/8 Goodyear Neptune was $155.33 delivered to my front door in Michigan from Kims supply in Kansas city. A pair of QDs from Kims @ $20 .3/8 to 1/4 reducers @$4 at my local hardware
$450 ? ..... ouch
Been using the larger 3/8 for @ 2 months .All what Jim says it is but hose management is a must , much more than it was with the lighter and less bulky 1/4 inch. A 150' reel will only hold 100' of 3/8 . A short whip hose of 15' -25' helps in tight areas with little if any effect on GPM.
The double in GPM and the increase in substained heat is worth any drawback , IMO.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
i AM GUESSING YOU GUYS ARE TRYING TO GET MORE WATER FLOW?????

Just got 150' of Cobbs thermo-poly hose......after debating it for a year..
i absolutey cant bellieve that what I was told is true!!!!

It holds at least 10-20 degrees better heat with a 150-200' hose run and doesnt get tangled as easy as the good year stuff.....

also liter and a little skinniier......
Pay a little extra but I am lowering my kero heater 10 degrees and getting better heat......

i wont get any other hose for a long time......

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
100' of 3/8 Goodyear Neptune was $155.33 delivered to my front door in Michigan from Kims supply in Kansas city. A pair of QDs from Kims @ $20 .3/8 to 1/4 reducers @$4 at my local hardware
$450 ? ..... ouch
Been using the larger 3/8 for @ 2 months .All what Jim says it is but hose management is a must , much more than it was with the lighter and less bulky 1/4 inch. A 150' reel will only hold 100' of 3/8 . A short whip hose of 15' -25' helps in tight areas with little if any effect on GPM.
The double in GPM and the increase in substained heat is worth any drawback , IMO.
Great information thanks, currently I have 100ft of 1/4 on my 150ft capacity reel so I can fit 100ft of 3/8 not a big deal, I have plenty of 15ft 1/4 hoses and I can overcome those tight areas with the whip.

Steam brite has them for $88

I still need 2 shorter each is about $47 for 10ft. I would use one of it from the splitter to the lg heater and the second one will connect between the heater and the reel so this way I have a true 3/8. Or do you think these won't be necessary? Do you know what I mean?

The splitter has 2 qds on one end and a single qd on the other end. The 2 pumps connect with 1/4 line of each vto those 2qds and on the other side I want the 3/8 to connect to the heater.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
i AM GUESSING YOU GUYS ARE TRYING TO GET MORE WATER FLOW?????

Just got 150' of Cobbs thermo-poly hose......after debating it for a year..
i absolutey cant bellieve that what I was told is true!!!!

It holds at least 10-20 degrees better heat with a 150-200' hose run and doesnt get tangled as easy as the good year stuff.....

also liter and a little skinniier......
Pay a little extra but I am lowering my kero heater 10 degrees and getting better heat......

i wont get any other hose for a long time......
I will check cobbs, thanks for the information.

I want to make sure it's done properly. I don't want to buy anything without research. Lol I bought a CRB while back and later on I found out it was a China made and that thing didn't last long $1800 is gone to the garbage

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
@Fedri Is it possible to just join the 2 pumps right at the little giant and only need QC's at the pumps themselves? Not really sure how you have your system setup, but it would be less connections, fittings, hoses and brass. Less potential leak's is the way I look at it. 1/4" or 3/8" Pressure washer QC's without the double end shutoffs are another sturdy and cost effective option for lines that never are really disassembled much.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Great information thanks, currently I have 100ft of 1/4 on my 150ft capacity reel so I can fit 100ft of 3/8 not a big deal, I have plenty of 15ft 1/4 hoses and I can overcome those tight areas with the whip.

Steam brite has them for $88

I still need 2 shorter each is about $47 for 10ft. I would use one of it from the splitter to the lg heater and the second one will connect between the heater and the reel so this way I have a true 3/8. Or do you think these won't be necessary? Do you know what I mean?

The splitter has 2 qds on one end and a single qd on the other end. The 2 pumps connect with 1/4 line of each vto those 2qds and on the other side I want the 3/8 to connect to the heater.
I use a 3' 1/4" hose from the Pump to the Little Giant and all 1/4" QDS no 3/8" QDs anywhere.. No adverse effect on the GPM.
I also went from 1/4" to 1/2" from my water tank to the pump. Simply doing this increased the GPM .Not double but very noticeable. Thanks JD