keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I'm thinking it is going to be tough to deploy on most cookie-cutter mass produced units with shallow waste tanks.

What happens when the water rises above the nylon on the bottom??

You might have to be running a live APO all the time.
I have the Goliath its pretty deep and has apo. Ill have to measure it first.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I have the Goliath its pretty deep and has apo. Ill have to measure it first.
You can cut off the top hose barb (~2½") since no hose is going to attach to it ever. I've been using a panty hose on the top and bottom lately, to be sure nothing gets out into the APO, same with the TM version. I have my apo kick on pretty low on my portable to take advantage of the major airflow improvement (I use a Bob Savage copy, mag drive pumpout).

In 6 weeks of using it there is no way I would go back to not having one on the TM or especially the portable. I can vacuum with the Turbocat and clean 5,000 ft² and zero loss in cfm's, lift or stopping to clean filters. It's max airflow all the time, it's a big advantage to sustain peak performance all day long especially with a portable.

Last edited:

Nimblybimbly

Aug 10, 2017
Real Name
Nathan Paul
For all you guys running your portable from your van, post some pics of your set up. I'm going to be doing this while i save for a TM, already have a mytee LTD5, a mytee air hog vac booster, a generator to run the LTD5, battery sprayer and hydroforce in line sprayer, a water otter for when i do tile and grout along with a spinner, plenty of vac and solution hose and a hot turbo heater ( hardly use this though).
Also have a 175 with solution tank and carpet brush, 15 inch CRB and an orbot Vibe to name a few

Do you plan on running the generator inside the van or sitting it on the ground outside the van? Do you worry about the sound upsetting neighbors or businesses?

Have you looked into the Mytee Escape?

Also, why do you use your hot turbo heater much?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Do you plan on running the generator inside the van or sitting it on the ground outside the van? Do you worry about the sound upsetting neighbors or businesses?

I am planning to run a propane generator inside the van right close to the door where it vents out and also propane will burn cleaner then nasty gas.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin

I do plan on running the generator inside the van, dam thing to heavy to load and unload all the time even though i do have a ramp, but that would be something else take up valuable space.

I have from time to time considered the mytee escape, but I already have the LTD5 and an air hog vac booster so never did it. Now they have the new Escape with them new vac motors so think i'll just sit back and wait and see how they turn out as other people buy and use them.

As for not using the hot turbo so much I find it's not really needed that mush as hot tap water does the trick and i always use some form of mechanical agitation anyway, agitation works wonders

Reactions: keep it clean

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Use the biggest pump possible for your available amps on that circuit. Bob's original uses an 1800 gph I believe. Under a vac load actual throughput is reduced.

Here's my version.
I used a small 800gph mag drive pond pump (60 watts) for economy of weight and amp draw, my next one will definitely be double the output), immediate post pump ¾" brass swing check valve low in the tank and this float switch on the stand pipe. I cut down the float switch to pump out lower in my portable.
everbilt-pump-switches-ebpbv-64_1000.jpg

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
except for the extremely flammable fuel can sitting inside the van. Fuel vapors are ultra combustible and sitting next to a machine making lots of heat.... Bad combo

I highly recommend removing any fuel source from inside the vehicle.
For the 10K genset on my ETM, it is plumbed into the van gas tank with it's own fuel filter and fuel pump.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
When we ran an ETM we just had a small aquarium/pond pump at the bottom of the waste tank plumbed through a check valve.

it worked great and easily kept up with the incoming waste water.

I have an ETM for sale if anyone wants it.. Techno Viking with an aluminum waste tank no heater as we still use the little giant it had. You dont need a generator to run this set up and the vac power is plenty good for up to 150'. Pumptec 205V the machine runs on 2 110v cords. Comes with 150' of 10 guage power cords too, 75' for each circuit.

You could easily install those new vac motors in the machine and keep the current ones for back up.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
except for the extremely flammable fuel can sitting inside the van. Fuel vapors are ultra combustible and sitting next to a machine making lots of heat.... Bad combo

I highly recommend removing any fuel source from inside the vehicle.
Well my generator will be in the van but it will be sitting right at the back doors which will remain open while it is in use, also the side doors will be open as well, as far as the little giant heater i plan on getting it will sit at the side doors and the propane tank for the little giant heater i will take out of the vehicle and sit on the ground outside of the vehicle as well. I should be safe, I think. I also will not leave the gas can for the generator inside the vehicle either.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
ok so I just got a new van, a chevy. that will be better for now to do the etm thing for awhile, a lot more room
the the grand caravan.
Now how to letter it up,
The drivers side will be easy as there are no windows, but passenger side is going to be a challenge due to them windows,
this is what i cam up with for drivers side
Any suggestions for passenger side would be helpful

lettered van1.jpg
lettered van 2.jpg
van 9.jpg

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
For the passenger side I would get a mini-wrap for the windows (not the front window though), where you can still see out but from the outside it doesn't look like there are any windows there at all. Then you can letter it the same on both sides and do a little something on the back doors too.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
For the passenger side I would get a mini-wrap for the windows (not the front window though), where you can still see out but from the outside it doesn't look like there are any windows there at all. Then you can letter it the same on both sides and do a little something on the back doors too.
Good idea thanks

Reactions: Bob Savage
Dec 7, 2017
Real Name
Ethan Wickersham
When we ran an ETM we just had a small aquarium/pond pump at the bottom of the waste tank plumbed through a check valve.

it worked great and easily kept up with the incoming waste water.

I have an ETM for sale if anyone wants it.. Techno Viking with an aluminum waste tank no heater as we still use the little giant it had. You dont need a generator to run this set up and the vac power is plenty good for up to 150'. Pumptec 205V the machine runs on 2 110v cords. Comes with 150' of 10 guage power cords too, 75' for each circuit.

You could easily install those new vac motors in the machine and keep the current ones for back up.
Do you still have this ETM for sale? How much?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Do you still have this ETM for sale? How much?
Since I believe it needs a rebuild kit for pump tec 205v, ill give you a really good deal if your interested. Its just been sitting in my garage for a while. Would come with machine, aluminum cylinder waste tank, 2x 75' 10 guage power cords

Heres a short video of it running, it screams. Rebuild kit is very easy to install, Im just guessing it needs one since its been sitting in the garage for a while now. Kit is $75 from pumptec and theres a step by step youtube video on how to install.

[youtube]

Reactions: Fedri

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Ok here's the latest design which is better
logo at top or the otter one
Thats actually me in the logo pic, i carbonized it a little
new van logo 5.jpg
new van logo 6.jpg

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Ok here's the latest design which is better
logo at top or the otter one
Thats actually me in the logo pic, i carbonized it a little
View attachment 74763View attachment 74764
The text to looks better when you break it up on two lines, line one Clean Rite, line two Carpet Cleaning. Its real distinct to me, easy to see, discern, etc, than one long line containing both phrases. Pat