Portable from truck

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
I don't want to make it too big, quality of pic suffers if you blow it up too much
Ok, I think you ought to keep it at least as big as the first one, the bigger one. But, ck with some other guys on it, or mama fen? Pat

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Should be fine.

First thing to consider when doing your layout, is whether any component HAS to be in a specific place in a particular vehicle, and start there.

On that generator................

View attachment 74397View attachment 74398

...The exhaust is located on the opposite side of the outlets/controls,

That hot exhaust HAS to be blowing out one of the open doors on a passenger van like that chock full off carpet and plastic trim.

So where you gonna put it??

Have you considered working towards a vehicle more suited for the application, that would serve as a better foundation to optimize your ETM build first, instead of working towards a TM??

Something about an ETM in a caravan does not sit right with me, and it is not meant as an insult, because it is not about the vehicle itself, but about the limitations such a vehicle puts on the already daunting task of configuring and executing an ETM build.

The right ETM in the right vehicle would allow you more time to save for an TM, and to do it more comfortably.

If you find out too late that it is just not feasible in a Caravan, it may be a major set-back in your grand plan.

Just something to chew on.
OK well the caravan is no longer an issue as it's gone, got a chevy cargo van now,
only have one side door now instead of two and of course the back doors
I do want to be able to start the generator while standing outside and not have to climb inside for that
also want the exhaust facing out the door, but seems i can't have my cake and eat it to
If gen is at side door exhaust blows towards back but is still inside of van
if gen is at back door (drivers side) exhaust blows out the side right at the side wall but at least its right at the door
either location will allow me to start it while standing outside

So LTD5 at side door right behind passenger seat, little giant heater next to it
this blocks off side door as far as me getting in and out of van
Generator at back door (driverside)
This leaves plenty of room for me to get in and out of van
with plenty of room inside the van
However don't think i'll be able to use a vac hose reel as i can't mount it next to the generator
because i won't be able to get in and out of back of van, unless i put it on wheels so i can move it around
just have to have a way to secure it

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I would get the web site much bigger, its not a horrible idea to just have web address as the main business name on the van since its the same anyways with .com attached

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
I would get the web site much bigger, its not a horrible idea to just have web address as the main business name on the van since its the same anyways with .com attached
I can make my website address a little bigger but my web address is long and hard to read due to business name being four words and is long and cannot add .com to it as it is not available thats why it's a .net

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
you can use a highbred Tm and electric pump and fuel heater.....
could get a tm for around 5000$ for engine and blower only

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Im thinking Jaguar 8.4 for myself, is this the kind of machine genre you are talking about regarding your ETM interests? I am entering the fun in the business, and have not yet bought a machine. Still planning. Pat
What did you decide on, the Jag? How is it going for you if you don't mind me asking?

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
What did you decide on, the Jag? How is it going for you if you don't mind me asking?
No, its fine to ask. I have a Nautilus Extreme with 500 psi, but I bought it for the vacs, two 8.4. It was either the jag or the nautilus. Now, the nautilus is heavier than the jag, and that matters, if one wants to port it around, in and out of a van. So, weight does matter. What are you considering, a porty? Why are you asking?

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Here's my rig( it's messy as shit right now sorry.)

2014 Ford 2500. Threw in a cheap partition then insulated and plywooded the interior. Strapped in a clean storm with dual 6.6 vacs, 500psi pump. Auto pumps into a 55gal drum. Have another 55gal for fresh water(I'm rural town. So every job is close and it's plenty of water for my needs) have 125feet of hose. I think I've been short once in the last 3 years. Have a oreck for agitation or bonnet cleaning.

I also can run my water through a door mounted propane heater on demand. Makes it about as hot as tap water on half throttle(Don't go higher for my pumps sake) that with the mytee heater will give me scorching hot water. Use a low amp sump pump for fresh water. Have a toilet sump pump in the waste tank so I can just flick it on and dump into a sani in 10 seconds. It all runs off a mounted champion generator. 9200 running watts, 11250 surge watts(electric start, 76amps iirc?)

Really happy with the set up. I've attached brackets and hooks for hoses in the back. 98% of the time I run it in the van, and occasionally (places I need to lock up while cleaning/apartment buildings) I'll pull the portable out and bring it in. Let me know if you have any questions or want to see anything else.

Attachments

Reactions: rob allen and Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Here's my rig( it's messy as shit right now sorry.)

2014 Ford 2500. Threw in a cheap partition then insulated and plywooded the interior. Strapped in a clean storm with dual 6.6 vacs, 500psi pump. Auto pumps into a 55gal drum. Have another 55gal for fresh water(I'm rural town. So every job is close and it's plenty of water for my needs) have 125feet of hose. I think I've been short once in the last 3 years. Have a oreck for agitation or bonnet cleaning.

I also can run my water through a door mounted propane heater on demand. Makes it about as hot as tap water on half throttle(Don't go higher for my pumps sake) that with the mytee heater will give me scorching hot water. Use a low amp sump pump for fresh water. Have a toilet sump pump in the waste tank so I can just flick it on and dump into a sani in 10 seconds. It all runs off a mounted champion generator. 9200 running watts, 11250 surge watts(electric start, 76amps iirc?)

Really happy with the set up. I've attached brackets and hooks for hoses in the back. 98% of the time I run it in the van, and occasionally (places I need to lock up while cleaning/apartment buildings) I'll pull the portable out and bring it in. Let me know if you have any questions or want to see anything else.
Do you have the 6.6s in series or parallel?

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
It's series. I get good dry times with it. 2-4 hours.(unless it's summer. Then the first few rooms are usually dry before I leave thanks to this being a semi desert here lol)

Oh also forgot to mention. I vented the gen sets exhaust out the bottom of the van. Used car exhaust pipe. Really happy how it turned out

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
It's series. I get good dry times with it. 2-4 hours.(unless it's summer. Then the first few rooms are usually dry before I leave thanks to this being a semi desert here lol)

Oh also forgot to mention. I vented the gen sets exhaust out the bottom of the van. Used car exhaust pipe. Really happy how it turned out
Very nice, I will do something similar except I will have an auto dump. I want to put a propane gen and exhaust it to the button of the vehicle as well.

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Very nice, I will do something similar except I will have an auto dump. I want to put a propane gen and exhaust it to the button of the vehicle as well.
The clean storm has one that I have hooked to my 55 gal drum. So while I'm actually cleaning it auto fills and auto dumps. No stopping needed.