Porty can make $ | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Porty can make $

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Averaged today over $200.00 a hr and worked only 4.5 hrs using a porty, a 175 and crb.
Sometimes porty guys get knocked around here like we can’t bring home the bacon too! Not bragging but $200 a hr is good money. Much of which I credit to help I get here, and then busting buy butt putting my knowledge into action. Rob chemicals work, the advice here works. If I can do it, anyone can trust me!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Absolutely.

I’m actually inheriting 2 portables exactly like the powr flite one you have.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Very cool. Powr Flite helped me a bunch. I have two now. My new ones the 500 psi, med extractor with 6.6. I honestly hated Powr Flite but after talking to Brian in their service dept I realized they have some true good people there and if you have a honest issue they do go out of their way to help. Brian C. In service is a a+ guy, if you need anything Todd get hold of him!

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I started out with a portable as well. Still had it till I sold to a guy to help him out. After a year without it I ended up buying another one.

Nimblybimbly

Aug 10, 2017
Real Name
Nathan Paul
How long have you been in business?

Averaged today over $200.00 a hr and worked only 4.5 hrs using a porty, a 175 and crb.
Sometimes porty guys get knocked around here like we can’t bring home the bacon too! Not bragging but $200 a hr is good money. Much of which I credit to help I get here, and then busting buy butt putting my knowledge into action. Rob chemicals work, the advice here works. If I can do it, anyone can trust me!

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I started out with a porty and a 175 and I can tell you this as factual.....You can easily look like a Superhero with just those two machines. It's understanding HOW to use them in conjunction with each other that will allow you to do that.
And I'll say just this as well.....Nothing and I mean Nothing will do more for you than a 175 rotary in this line of work. NOTHING!

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
porty kept me in the game when my first truck mount went out till I was able to buy another 1 but I can clean with a porty or a truckmount I'm just faster with truckmount

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
What all did you do to it?
only problem I was having was the coupler keep going from alignment being off I guess so I came up with another system (baldor raptor) every since i put that on there it's been running great.i put a picture off it on here now the owner of chemtex sells them with it on there now

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
only problem I was having was the coupler keep going from alignment being off I guess so I came up with another system (baldor raptor) every since i put that on there it's been running great.i put a picture off it on here now the owner of chemtex sells them with it on there now
I never had issues with the coupler on mine and only had to replace it 1 time in 7 years. My issues was with the water pump, regulator and HX.

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
I don't think anybody is saying you can't make money or do a good job with a portable.

Imo portables have there place but have a big disadvantage to truckmount in the power and time efficiency category.

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I don't think anybody is saying you can't make money or do a good job with a portable.

Imo portables have there place but have a big disadvantage to truckmount in the power and time efficiency category.
Perhaps with certain jobs your right.

Reactions: Nimblybimbly

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I am always surprised how many guys don’t have a 175 floor machine on the truck. I love using ours to pre scrub a dirty carpet and the end results look great
I think new generation is using CRB's.

Expensive yes but seemingly versatile. I guess 175 (never owned or operated one) is also versatile.

Maybe the CRB is the more expensive cousin to the 175.