Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I think new generation is using CRB's.

Expensive yes but seemingly versatile. I guess 175 (never owned or operated one) is also versatile.

Maybe the CRB is the more expensive cousin to the 175.
I have both. The crb is nice easier on the user. But tge 175 is like tge swiss army knife. Sand grind cut scub clean. It can do a lit

Reactions: MikeGaure

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
This thread is silly,

Most of us could make money with a rug dr rented at kroger and a vacuum from the thrift store if someone put a gun to our head.

Its all about how bad you want it.

\The rest is just excuses and obstacles we build for ourselves.

We are all standing on top of untapped potential.

Its just a matter of taking that first step.

Reactions: Rory henderson

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
They can definently make money. Some markets cater to them more than others. If you are making good money with a porty consistently then you likely could be making even better money with a truckmount. In most markets.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
This thread is silly,

Most of us could make money with a rug dr rented at kroger and a vacuum from the thrift store if someone put a gun to our head.

Its all about how bad you want it.

\The rest is just excuses and obstacles we build for ourselves.

We are all standing on top of untapped potential.

Its just a matter of taking that first step.
Made $305 in 90 minutes with a portable today, rode an elevator and spanked TM money. BTW, I took that ugly dumbass portable out of a van that has a TM with a 56 blower in it.

20191113_133525.jpg

Not all of us are brainwashed enough to believe dollars per hour are measured by not being breastfeed once upon a time....

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I was wondering where AZ was, he is banned. Anyone know what happened?
Personal attacks grounds for banning. TOS have not changed.

Reactions: Fedri

Prowler

Aug 3, 2014
Corpus Christi
www.DoctorSteemer.com
Real Name
Mr. Harrison
Business Location
United States
Maybe truckmounts and portable make you the same amount of money. Portables dont have a truck mount payment and use less gas to run. Vehicle can get better gas mileage than a van. Have less maintenance time and costs.... ect.

Reactions: Fedri

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Maybe truckmounts and portable make you the same amount of money. Portables dont have a truck mount payment and use less gas to run. Vehicle can get better gas mileage than a van. Have less maintenance time and costs.... ect.
I like both just because of the daily "what ifs". My old boss used to buy us multi sprayers, the corded ones, and said to stop using pump sprayers because it looked unprofessional. I loved it until I got to an empty apartment that was trashed with no electricity turned on. That point on I had a pump up just in case.

My TM is great and all until I run into a job it isn't. Or I need something for a second guy to be using in another part of the building. Setup takes longer on the porty but not when you're starting on the 8th floor.

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
Very cool. Powr Flite helped me a bunch. I have two now. My new ones the 500 psi, med extractor with 6.6. I honestly hated Powr Flite but after talking to Brian in their service dept I realized they have some true good people there and if you have a honest issue they do go out of their way to help. Brian C. In service is a a+ guy, if you need anything Todd get hold of him!
I just ordered a brand new ninja 500 psi with a 6.6. can you explain that motor and if its any good? it has 1 6.6 Ametek Lamb Premier motor. Rep from majic wand where i bought it said that the 6.6 is better than the older version of 2 motors. Thoughts?

renew carpet

Dec 14, 2019
Real Name
joseph blumberg
Very cool. Powr Flite helped me a bunch. I have two now. My new ones the 500 psi, med extractor with 6.6. I honestly hated Powr Flite but after talking to Brian in their service dept I realized they have some true good people there and if you have a honest issue they do go out of their way to help. Brian C. In service is a a+ guy, if you need anything Todd get hold of him!
I just bought a new ninja 500 psi with a 6.6. are they any good? The rep told me 1 6.6 motor out performs 2 older version motors. thoughts?

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I just ordered a brand new ninja 500 psi with a 6.6. can you explain that motor and if its any good? it has 1 6.6 Ametek Lamb Premier motor. Rep from majic wand where i bought it said that the 6.6 is better than the older version of 2 motors. Thoughts?
AZ your quoting is banned.
FWIW I have the air hog which has 2 6.6 motors and allows me to clean carpet very well.

• Haha
Reactions: Odin

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I just bought a new ninja 500 psi with a 6.6. are they any good? The rep told me 1 6.6 motor out performs 2 older version motors. thoughts?
AZHome&Carpet has been banned for TMF for some reason or other. As such he can no longer post or respond to posts on here unfortunately.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Fedri and Odin

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
made nothing with a portable today not one cent

baker ski1.jpg

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I can make money with a portable too...just usually not as fast and not as impressive to customers.

I think if you are going to be a 1 man show with great customer service, a portable can be just fine.

It all depends on what you want out of your business.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I can make money with a portable too...just usually not as fast and not as impressive to customers.

I think if you are going to be a 1 man show with great customer service, a portable can be just fine.

It all depends on what you want out of your business.
The theory is using a portable takes longer to clean then a truckmount, that is what I thought but was I wrong, I went to watch this guy clean and he is 100 percent porty. He set it up less then 10 minutes and tidy up was even quicker, 5 areas 1.5 hours and he did a darn great job because he has a powerful machine which produces great amount of power at shorter hose runs, pre sprayed and had a rinsing agent in his tank, it came out very nicely. Sorry but it is true, I was convised.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Parking a gas burning truckmount further away from home will make a tech to use longer hoses, running long hose runs is a time consuming and tiring.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yes, like I said, as a 1 man show I can see it. But you're only thinking of the cleaning component. Advantages and disadvantages to both ways of doing it. Someone like a Jim Davisson can make a portable be his ace in the hole and outclean all of us.

Someone like Rob Allen building a 10 truck Operation isn't going to rely on portables. Truck mounts have other uses outside of just cleaning which is widely forgotten by a lot of guys.

A 500 PSI portable is not going to out-clean a truck mount on tile, no way, not possible.