Powrflite black max 1085 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Powrflite black max 1085

Shane@TLC

Mar 6, 2020
Real Name
Shane
Hello I'm looking for assistance in upgrading my portable copper coil vacuum heat system my machine needs re plumbing it is the black max 1085 with 240v two 3 stage vacuums heated unit. I have been told by powrflite it can be done any assistance is greatly appreciated thank you

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
I'm quite sure the TMF thermodynamics team will be here to help you soon

Shane@TLC

Mar 6, 2020
Real Name
Shane
Maybe someday the help might flow any advise on what kind of trade person would be best suited to tackle this job. Like a electrical engineer or a mechanical or maybe both that will be enough as its a big ask from people to draw a diagram. Cheers

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
there is a video here showing the coils removed ..
It looks like all youd do disconnect the water feed hose from the tank to the pump , connect it to the copper coils ...and at the other end connect it to the pump , secure the coils to he motors , not much to it depending on if the coils come as a kit with hoses and connectors attached , if not youd have to go to a local hose place or a portable repair guy could do it .
Question is ...is the temp rise u get worth the effort , cant say as i haven't tried them .

Shane@TLC

Mar 6, 2020
Real Name
Shane
[QUOTE="JRH, thanks JRH the clip is helpful as this is the 13gallon model it's kind of the same as the 10 gallon one like my own. The machine will run hot water if you pace yourself from cold water without the coils. With the coils if you pace yourself you will get steam temperatures as I have used this model in the clip and it gets stream but you need the coils and to pace yourself and relax the trigger the coils make this machine powerful without them it's still okay. But you need those coils. You need to be good at choosing your power points also they trip the breakers if they are on the same power line. As a portable It's good the coils tend to damage the longevity of the machine but for the time saved I think it's worth it. The coils are hard to source and if I could get a kit that would be perfect.

Reactions: JRH

Shane@TLC

Mar 6, 2020
Real Name
Shane
I would need to know the water cycle of the machine like this from the tank to the pump to the coils to heater the outlet. This is what I think it might be but Idon't know if it goes from tank to pump to heater to the coils I'd say may be to much heat on the vacuum motors. Thanks for your help JRH