Prochem Everest EFI. Maybe air in the cooling system. Need help! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Prochem Everest EFI. Maybe air in the cooling system. Need help!

Carpet__Guy

Aug 30, 2019
Real Name
Serg Alex
Due to a crack in an overflow container I lost some coolant. And some time later air got into cooling system. Machine started to heat up a lot faster and engine coolant censor shots down the machine. I figured out that air is trapped in heli-coil heat exchanger. After bleeding air from heli-coil and adding coolant to a proper level machine still heats up after 15 min of normal work (single wand) and still shots down. Trouble code 15 stored.

What is the proper procedure to bleed the air from entire cooling system?
Also how to check if coolant censor works properly?

Thanks in advance!

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
I don't own the same machine, but I know engines. Generally, you want to bleed from the highest point in the system. Look around for a bleeder valve or some place where the system can be opened. Then run the motor until all the air bubbles come out.

For temperature, you can get a cheap laser thermometer at Harbor Freight and point it at the cylinder head. Most engines run around 180-205. Measure before and after thermostat to ensure its opening/closing properly. Measure before and after radiator to make sure temperature drops slightly.

If still overheating, I would do a compression test on the cylinder head. Check for cracked head or blown headgasket.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
There should be a bleeder valve by the heat exchanger that you can crack open. We had one on our White Magic and I believe our Prochem 405’s had one.

Carpet__Guy

Aug 30, 2019
Real Name
Serg Alex
Thanks. Air is out. Now it looks like coolant system censor still randomly kills the machine. Is there any way to test this censor before I spend $$ on the new one?