Protein shakes | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Protein shakes

SunnyDays Carpet Cleaning

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
:eek::eek:
My shake (every morning) includes 2 cups milk, a scoop of optimum nutrition, frozen banana , blueberries, 1 cup raw oatmeal and a ton of greens (kale is best for flavor). Its a ton of calories but it's the only thing that keeps me feeling good until noon.
You must have a poison, flammable gas cloud following you all day. Lol

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Love life, don't accept failure, and don't take no for an answer. Pretty much all these rich guys say the same thing.

Is there a cologne available with this formula?
Lol I wish, I admire the hell out of will smith, one of the hardest workers in the industry, a winner at everything he does.

theejcor

Oct 4, 2013
I drink them often. Had 2 today-- pre and post work out :)
for the most part they suck. I usually mix 2 scoops of any kind of protein powder with a bit of milk, water, and ice and blend. It is awful. BUT if you want to try to enjoy it more, get some soy milk, try out some different flavors and add a scoop of yogurt and also replace ice with a frozen banana. Those few changes will make a WORLD of difference.
Check out dymatize protein. It's like $50 for a 5 pound on amazon. It's good quality protein. A buddy of mine who owns an online supplement shop had the top 5 selling proteins tested for quality of ingredients and if they actually meet the nutritional info provided and they scored number 1.
The mocha flavor is amazing.

BrainStorm

Sep 20, 2014
Real Name
Michael Judd
Myozene by Bioquest at prosource.net.

Best. There. Is. Period.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Wrong! Protein powders are highly processed and are often heated to the point that the protein is denatured, which makes it nearly impossible for the body to recognize and use. The result is higher levels of acidity and toxicity in the body, which can lead to plenty of unwanted illnesses and diseases.
http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-11371/why-you-really-shouldnt-use-protein-powders.html

Protein Supplements: The Good, The Bad, and & The Ugly…
By Paz Etcheverry, Ph.D.
Adjunct Professor, Kaplan University School of Health Sciences

Grocery and health food stores are packed with a variety of protein supplements, mostly carrying pictures of buff, tan men on their labels. Maybe my brother wants to look like one of these men, but I am a gal in my 30s and I certainly do not want to have a big pair of python arms and giant, muscular thighs. People all around the world spend billions of dollars on nutrition, or—as they are often called—“ergogenic aids” (from the Greek ergon, meaning work). These substances can allegedly “enhance athletic performance, decrease fatigue, change body composition, and improve looks.”1
http://healthandwellness.kaplan.edu/articles/nutrition/Protein Supplements.html

Do You Need Protein Powders?
WebMD Feature
By Gina Shaw
Reviewed By Brunilda Nazario, MD
If you go to a gym, you’ve probably heard the guys by the weight machines talking about the protein shakes they drink after a workout and what kind of shake they prefer. Protein powders -- made into a shake or consumed however you like -- are getting more and more popular as a nutritional supplement.
You can buy protein powders in every nutrition store and all over the Internet. You can even find pre-mixed, ready-to-drink protein shakes in many stores. But are protein powders just for bodybuilders, or can the average everyday athlete benefit from them as well?
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/lifestyle-guide-11/protein-powder

Carpet Cops

Nov 25, 2014
www.carpetcops.ie
Real Name
Aivaras Briaunys
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
BCAA not that bad in some powders , if you mix with water, and there is many choice of flavours as well, but protein shakes could be pain is as.....

BrainStorm

Sep 20, 2014
Real Name
Michael Judd
link not valid

Last edited by a moderator:

Tater

Jan 14, 2014
Real Name
Richard Whithers
Whats BCAA? and again you all, premier protein taste pretty darn good and has 30 grams in a relitivly small shake

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Check out dymatize protein. It's like $50 for a 5 pound on amazon. It's good quality protein. A buddy of mine who owns an online supplement shop had the top 5 selling proteins tested for quality of ingredients and if they actually meet the nutritional info provided and they scored number 1.
The mocha flavor is amazing.
Might try this mocha flavor next, I really want a shake I can drink without almost puking.

BrainStorm

Sep 20, 2014
Real Name
Michael Judd
Just babblin' Bro..Thought you were selling under the guise of a Pyramid..or Multi Level marketing as they prefer..My Bad..No Offense Intended..
No offense taken. In fact, I'm not sure I get offended at anything, kinda sociopathic in that way lol.

I thought you knew something I didn't. I've turned a lot of people at the gym on to that stuff. I want my check dang it!

Latest posts