Psychic , u-r, but brainwashed blind! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Psychic , u-r, but brainwashed blind!

Mr. Slide

Check out sliders , the quick change GLIDES !
Jun 18, 2008
Calif. U.S.A.
Real Name
ALAN BUSH
Business Location
United States
Anyone watch Long Island Medium?
Love it!
What about you Christians? what do you think?
AL

Dennis Anderson

Jul 16, 2012
Real Name
Dennis Anderson
I'm Christian and I know Theresa Caputo who stars in the show is Catholic. I like to watch it. What does being Christian have to do with it anyway?

Mr. Slide

Jun 18, 2008
Calif. U.S.A.
Real Name
ALAN BUSH
Business Location
United States
Just curious what christian s think, because there are thousands just like her.
And much of this is very contrary to bible teaching.
And most Catholic's believe it or not, have read very little of the bible.
AL

Dennis Anderson

Jul 16, 2012
Real Name
Dennis Anderson
And most Catholic's believe it or not said:
I'm sure a lot of them have read the Bible. Certainly some have not. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that it is the sole source of faith though. When Jesus ascended into heaven he didn't leave a Bible behind, he left a Church. I am Christian, and why wouldn't it be possible for a loved one to watch over and guide us? I mean heaven is a wonderful place and God can do anything, right?

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
Disagree. Jesus did not leave a church, nor did he leave a Bible. He left an idea. Several decades later, Constantine and his folks began establishing the church, and created the Bible as the source of Church Doctrine.

Dennis Anderson

Jul 16, 2012
Real Name
Dennis Anderson
Disagree. Jesus did not leave a church, nor did he leave a Bible. He left an idea. Several decades later, Constantine and his folks began establishing the church, and created the Bible as the source of Church Doctrine.
Who was Constantine and what church did he establish?

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
Who was Constantine and what church did he establish?
I'm considered kind of inflammatory on topics like this, so take that into account, ok?

Constantine founded the Christian Church. Rather violently, too. The church you and most other Americans attend has it's roots in the church he founded.

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
Hey, thanks for your honesty! ;) I think it's just best we shake hands here, agree to disagree and still be friends! :)
This is history I'm talking about. Not ideology. Constantine took the ideas Jesus left behind, pulled together the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John (which had been passed down orally), assembled the rest of the Bible and put it in written form, and created an organization around it. The Church did not magically attain the cohesiveness it has now, and all credit for the strength of the church and the widespread acceptance can be attributed to him.

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
Peter was ministering to and leading the christian church just a few years after Jesus was crucified. As far as psychic mediums being non-Biblical, that is a laugh. Psychics are referred to throughout the old testiment. The fact that they may be a direct link to a dark force does not mean they do not exist.

Mr. Slide

Jun 18, 2008
Calif. U.S.A.
Real Name
ALAN BUSH
Business Location
United States
Matthew 16:18...And I say also unto thee. That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; .....
?
AL

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
This is history I'm talking about. Not ideology. Constantine took the ideas Jesus left behind, pulled together the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John (which had been passed down orally), assembled the rest of the Bible and put it in written form, and created an organization around it. The Church did not magically attain the cohesiveness it has now, and all credit for the strength of the church and the widespread acceptance can be attributed to him.
Wrong.

Mr. Slide

Jun 18, 2008
Calif. U.S.A.
Real Name
ALAN BUSH
Business Location
United States
I'm Christian and I know Theresa Caputo who stars in the show is Catholic. I like to watch it. What does being Christian have to do with it anyway?
I'm just curious what Christians think, not Catholics.
Catholics are not Christians, Christians are not Catholics...two very very different bibles and a lot of very contrary teachings.
AL

Mr. Slide

Jun 18, 2008
Calif. U.S.A.
Real Name
ALAN BUSH
Business Location
United States
I'm sure a lot of them have read the Bible. Certainly some have not. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that it is the sole source of faith though. When Jesus ascended into heaven he didn't leave a Bible behind, he left a Church. I am Christian, and why wouldn't it be possible for a loved one to watch over and guide us? I mean heaven is a wonderful place and God can do anything, right?

Your right, it does not say it is the sole source, but... that Jesus is the only way in!
Watch Over (From Heaven) is one thing, but these people are living and hanging around a lot down here.
JUST SO YOU KNOW, I'M JUST WANT US TO THINK A LITTLE.
AL

Mr. Slide

Jun 18, 2008
Calif. U.S.A.
Real Name
ALAN BUSH
Business Location
United States
I don't like this conversations.
Why?
Just looking for open minds, to look around.
No faith is right or wrong, just a place where your growth and experience is at.
Just don't trust anyone without questing!
AL

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I think you are nuts! I think you would not do one thing that jesus would ask you to do to prove yourself.
I think you should get all your money and goods and send them to the people who are suffering from the storm.
I think you should offer your home to those in great need and follow Jesus examples.

do you love mere your money then you love jesus teaching? YOu don't prove it I'll give you the ACC ## where you can deposit all your money to help the East coasters? You don't wanna do that? Be quiet and l;eave Jesus alone!

Mr. Slide

Jun 18, 2008
Calif. U.S.A.
Real Name
ALAN BUSH
Business Location
United States
I think you are nuts! I think you would not do one thing that jesus would ask you to do to prove yourself.
I think you should get all your money and goods and send them to the people who are suffering from the storm.
I think you should offer your home to those in great need and follow Jesus examples.

do you love mere your money then you love jesus teaching? YOu don't prove it I'll give you the ACC ## where you can deposit all your money to help the East coasters? You don't wanna do that? Be quiet and l;eave Jesus alone!
Pinosan, have you seen that show?
She talks too people who have died, and they talk to here, and thousands just like her every day.

Is it true Pinosan, that if you die in your sins..(without accepting Jesus as your Savior before you die) you go to hell? (THIS I REALLY HAVE TO KNOW).
Thanks, AL