Pump bogging down | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Pump bogging down

Jason Miller

Aug 16, 2015
Real Name
Jason Miller
On my Blue Line champ:
Last 2 times I had it out when I went to flip the switch to engage the pump it stalled the engine.
Water box is full
Throttle all the way out
And it's more of a stall because the engine is under pressure not because a kill switch shut it down.

After I slowly push the switch in and let it back out once the engine starts stalling. Once I do that enough of times it finally works.

What could be the cause of that ?

I really appreciate all your help you have been giving me with my TM hopefully before to long I'll have everything under control

fla guy

Mar 21, 2014
This can happen if you don't cool down your pump. Turn your heat off and bring temp under 160 before turning it off.

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
On my Blue Line champ:
Last 2 times I had it out when I went to flip the switch to engage the pump it stalled the engine.
Water box is full
Throttle all the way out
And it's more of a stall because the engine is under pressure not because a kill switch shut it down.

After I slowly push the switch in and let it back out once the engine starts stalling. Once I do that enough of times it finally works.

What could be the cause of that ?

I really appreciate all your help you have been giving me with my TM hopefully before to long I'll have everything under control
Really sounds like the low pressure switch is going bad.