Purchased a used 2008 Blueline Bluewave Diesel. Any thoughts of what to look out for. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Purchased a used 2008 Blueline Bluewave Diesel. Any thoughts of what to look out for.

Hawkins

Oct 15, 2011
Washington
Real Name
Matt Hawkins
Business Location
United States
Oops. Not sure that diesel suffer from vapor lock like my gas engine Genesis 5.9. Nevermind.
I suppose that's possible but I still feel like it's coolant related. Other then that this machine is awesome. I'm thinking also maybe the intake hat that sits on top might be breathing in all this hot air contributing to the over heating. I was thinking about plumbing the intake to some fresh air and seeing what that does. Probably do that tomorrow.

Hawkins

Oct 15, 2011
Washington
Real Name
Matt Hawkins
Business Location
United States
Okay so I think I figured it out. A week ago the fan went out so i raced to the parts store to get one. They had one left so I snagged it and installed it and went back to work. Thats about the time when all of this started in 100 degree weather. So being the person I am, I always hang onto my old parts for a while. I pulled the old fan out, took the part number off of it and did a google search on it. Turns out the fan I pulled off was a 1850 CFM fan and the one I installed is a 1250 CFM. Freakin fan..tastic! :mad: So I did another search and found a better fan that puts out 2100 CFM and draws just 2 amps more then the original fan. So we will see how that goes.

Hawkins

Oct 15, 2011
Washington
Real Name
Matt Hawkins
Business Location
United States
Okay! I haven't received the fan yet. But! Had to work and decided to strap my dripods to my machine and let those run while I worked. I got not even a half hour into the first job at 102 degrees outside and the machine shut off. COME ON!!!..... SERIOUSLY! I said. So went outside really quick pulled the side panel off and pointed my temp gun at the thermostat housing. 241 degrees underneath the bottom thermostat 168 degrees right above it. What does that tell ya. I ripped both thermostats out and replaced with just the one upper stat. Thing has been running fine all day today.

When I pulled out the old thermostat you could see where it was getting stuck at half way. Can't believe it. I only had not even a 100 hours on those thermostats.