Rage tm

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BriteAll20

Dec 16, 2013
Real Name
Andy Kramer
So can anybody give a opinion on the Rage truckmount I am looking at buying it I would use it just for residential any really long runs I would use a portable. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I used the Sapphire Rage for 6 months - it is the least powerful in the Sapphire line. Does have good heat, tends to melt some of the circuit wires though so you'll have issues with that now and again.

There is no pump clutch on it, so you'll always have water whether you want it or not.

Overall it helped me clean nasty restaurants, residential etc, used up to 200 feet of hose with no problem. Also have to use a 4 jet wand with it, the flowrate is only 1.6 gpm

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I used the Sapphire Rage for 6 months - it is the least powerful in the Sapphire line. Does have good heat, tends to melt some of the circuit wires though so you'll have issues with that now and again.

There is no pump clutch on it, so you'll always have water whether you want it or not.

Overall it helped me clean nasty restaurants, residential etc, used up to 200 feet of hose with no problem. Also have to use a 4 jet wand with it, the flowrate is only 1.6 gpm
Would it be possible to install a switch maybe a high quality one from Allen&Bradley? (very good mfg) Im surprised truckmount mfg's dont use them

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Well yeah you can install your own switch I'd assume. I'm honestly not much of an engineer so I couldn't tell you what the issues are with modifying it. One thing I did on mine though was I wired the transfer pump to the pump out switch (it had no pump out) and it allowed me to hear the fuel pump come on easier because for some reason the darn circuit would melt every 3-4 months

May 7, 2018
Real Name
Justin Johnston
The rage does have a clutch on the pump. Feel free to call me and I can answer your questions. 253-651-3468.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
We've sold Rages and 370s both here, and general feedback was that the Rage gave tremendous heat (sometimes more than needed!) but that the 370 was overall significantly more powerful and less "fiddly". I'd recommend a 370 if your budget can handle it, mostly because the difference in power is greater than the difference in price.

Rage:
Around $13-14k depending on options
18 HP, 1000psi, 2.7 GPM

370:
Around $17-19k depending on options
23 HP, 1500psi, 3.4 GPM

Short hose runs (50-150 feet) the vacuum difference would likely be minimal, but you'd notice the difference in flow. Longer than that, you'll see bigger differences across the board. If you're going to invest, I'd say go with the slightly bigger machine that's going to be more productive in the long run over greater distances (especially if you're going to offer light commercial work). A Rage would be plenty for someone who just does single-family residential.